(Closed) september 2013 brides show your dress

posted 8 years ago in September 2013
Post # 32
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

OOoh can I play?

Show us your dress? I don’t have a picture of me wearing it, so the dress itself will have to do πŸ™‚ 

Are you making alterations to it? Yes and no – it’s the salon’s own design and they make them made to measure as standard (which is great for me as I have a vintage figure which would require a lot of alterations). I may ask for the straps to be angled to create more of a portrait neckline (though they kinda do that anyway) 

Who is the designer? Salon’s own design (they only stock their own)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No 

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes and no. I knew I wanted Ivory. I knew I wanted straps/sleeves/something to support the twins. I like quite flowy romantic fabrics so I was very surprised to find myself with satin. However, it does have a vintagey vibe that suits the wedding πŸ˜€

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  I’m a sucker for all things 50s so he thinks I’ve got a 50s swing dress (he thinks he’s guessed – I’m letting him think I have) 

Has he seen your dress? He’s seen pretty much everything else (shoes, jewellery, makeup) so there’s no way he can see this!! 

Post # 33
17 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? 

I don’t have it yet, so here are some I found online

Bummer I paid full photo 1999393-3

Are you making alterations to it? Yes I have to have it taken in. 

Who is the designer? Oleg Cassini (crl277)

Is this what you expected/wanted? No, it has a lot more detail than I would have thought I wanted, and the bottom is scalloped and very beautiful. I was expecting to pick something out that was plainer and more sheath-like, but those were boring!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  NO.

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 34
31 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? 

Here’s a picture of the model in it.

Are you making alterations to it? It will likely need to be taken in around my bust and hemmed and I may have cups put in and definitely a bustle

Who is the designer? Sophia Tolli

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I had found the design online and bookmarked it  πŸ™‚

Is this what you expected/wanted? I tried on many dresses before this one, so when I finally tried it at the 2nd store I went to, I knew it was the one.  After waiting an hour for the store to find it, after specifically making an appointment to try it on, it was a very emotional moment, and I LOVED it! Can’t wait for it to come in and try it on again!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  No, and I’m not telling him

Has he seen your dress? No, and he won’t until I come down the aisle!

Post # 36
770 posts
Busy bee

Show us your dress?

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, I’m having the straps shortened, a bustle put in, and some small repairs to the lace/beading.

Who is the designer? Casablanca

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Not at all! I wanted to get a fun cocktail dress I could rewear, but then my partner made a big deal about seeing me walk down the aisle in a big, white, wedding dress.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes and no. I knew I wanted something with straps or sleeves, but I imagined myself tulle and lace, not sequins and beading. What can I say? I tried on this dress and felt like a princess!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No, he thinks I’m going to wear a simple white dress I got from a thrift store, which is hanging in our closet right now. Meanwhile, the secret dress is living in my trunk.

Post # 37
35 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? me in the store sample freaking out because i had to have it πŸ™‚ dont mind my crazy hands.

Are you making alterations to it? changed the belt to a vintage-y blinged out one on a satin ribbon instead. and i have to get it bustled but im a procrastinator

Who is the designer? Vera Wang White

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? no but i was looking for fun…

Is this what you expected/wanted? yes and no. i knew i wanted something different and not traditional ball gown style. i had originally picked out more a-lined styles and then slowly felt more comfortable in a more fitted dress

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   not at all. 

Has he seen your dress? not unless he’s peeked 

Post # 38
424 posts
Helper bee

Show us your dress? Picture of me with it on…it was the 5th dress I tried on! 

Are you making alterations to it? No

Who is the designer? Allure

Is this what you expected/wanted? All of the dresses I had cut out of magazines had some sort of belt but I fell in love with this simple lace dress. I guess I am more traditional than I thought! I may get something to jazz it up for the reception!

Has he seen your dress? No way! I can’t wait to show him πŸ™‚

Post # 39
55 posts
Worker bee

Show us your dress: This is me in the sample at the salon.

Are you making alterations: Yes, if I keep the dress I will be making major alterations.

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged : Not at all, I was looking at completely different styles.

Is this what you expected/wanted : At the time it was what I wanted (to hide my “fat”), now it is not even close to what I want out of my wedding dress.

Does Fiance know the style of the dress: No, he is expecting a way different style.

No, even though I am unhappy with I might have to keep it, so I want to keep it a surprise.

Post # 40
55 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MrsDeLovely:  I adore your dress! where did you find it?

Post # 41
781 posts
Busy bee

Show us your dress?

Are you making alterations to it? I may need to in the bust area. Not sure yet, hasn’t come in!

Who is the designer? Oleg Cassini for David’s Bridal

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Definitely not.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Sorta. I always thought i wanted a corset type top but i’m getting married in a barn so i opted for “less flashy” but still me.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? I sure hope not!

Has he seen your dress? ^^!!!

Post # 42
112 posts
Blushing bee

Show us your dress?

Are you making alterations to it? No

Who is the designer? Oleg Cassini

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Haha. No way. I wanted a flowy lace gown with straps. But then I found out my fiance hates lace. So, I opened up to trying out other dresses. I ended up with a blingy strapless gown that just pops πŸ™‚

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  No.

Has he seen your dress? Sort of. I showed him 30 dresses and told him to rate the top 5. He picked my dress as number 1 but I haven’t told him which one it was. I also did the same with my dad and he also chose the same one. It was fate. 

Post # 43
1629 posts
Bumble bee

Show us your dress? The pic is the model and a crappy cellphone pic of it on me.

Are you making alterations to it? I’m going to lose at least 20 pounds so it may need to be taken in a bit.

Who is the designer? Allure

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No…I had an idea of what I wanted though. Always knew I wanted vintagey/lace.

Is this what you expected/wanted? I didn’t expect lace sleeves…I was looking at low back lace mermaids but they looked kind of skanky on my curvy body. I think other girls can pull them off but I had wayyyyy too much boob, skin and bum going on! I actually bought another dress online and when I tried it on it was too small and it was too much body going on…

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 45
424 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@app523:  Thanks! I live in Cincinnati and got the dress at a Bridal Boutique called Wendy’s Cincinnati Bride. The dress is an allure dress I’m not sure of the style number. It looked horrible on the hanger but my cousin insisted that I try it on and it was the one! πŸ™‚

Post # 46
1629 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsDeLovely:  gives you bangin’ curves πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

The topic ‘september 2013 brides show your dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors