(Closed) september 2013 brides show your dress

posted 8 years ago in September 2013
Post # 77
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Show us your dress: This is me in the sample ๐Ÿ™‚

Are you making alterations to it? As long as it will zip up in September, no alterations except for having some major push-up cups added!

Who is the designer? Alfred Sung

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Not even a little bit

Is this what you expected/wanted? Kinda. I knew I wanted lace, and form-fitting. But I actually made fun of the “seaweed” part of the dress and quickly passed over it when I was shopping. The consultant made me try it on and I fell in love.

Does your Fiance know the style of the dress? He knows it’s not a ballgown and that it’s more form fitting. And I let it slip about there being lace on it.

Has he seen your dress? He accidently saw a picture of it from a distance on my iPhone, and quickly screamed, “AH! I didn’t see it! I only saw white, I swear!” Not that he would remember in a few days, anyways… haha.

Post # 78
85 posts
Worker bee

Are you making alterations to it? I’m adding a bussle, and maybe adding a one shoulder organza rufflesleeve!

Who is the designer? Kitty Chen

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope, it took me a year and a half to find my dress after getting engaged.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted. But after I saw this dress, I kept comparing all the others to it, so I knew it was the one.

Does your Fiance know the style of the dress? Yes

Has he seen your dress? Yes, I showed him a picture or two of me in it. We really arent the superstitious types.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/september-2013-brides-show-your-dress/page/2#ixzz2NvO3dwCn

Post # 79
2023 posts
Buzzing bee

Show us your dress? Have to show the one I tried on at the store. its big but you get the idea.

Are you making alterations to it? YES! I want it to be more fitted. You can see where my hands are in the first pic thats where I want it fitted to.  I will also take some tulle out so its less volumous at the bottom.

Who is the designer? Alfred Angelo

Did you have your dress picked before you got  engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? Kind of.  I was trying to decide if I wanted a ball gown or something fitted. I knew I wanted lace in it somehow.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No, not til the wedding day!

Post # 80
2023 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@mrshollinger:  Same dress! We are doing the same alterations too! Did you go with the zipper back or corset? I went with the corset!

Post # 81
3 posts
Wannabee

Are you making alterations to it? Nope, just a bustle

Who is the designer? impressions bridal

Did you have your dress picked before you got  engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? No, i would have expected more lace and A line

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Kind of but he doesnt know he knows ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Has he seen your dress? He has but doesnt know it is my dress…

Post # 82
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
@jesssamesssa:  I went with the zipper and am having covered buttons added!

Post # 83
673 posts
Busy bee

Show us your dress? 

Are you making alterations to it? Hem, bustle and hopefully taking it in a bit because I am trying to lose a little weight.

Who is the designer? Lazaro

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Yes, I work in bridal and had loved this dress for about a year before I was engaged.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 84
488 posts
Helper bee

Here it is on the website

Yay! Fun stuff!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Are you making alterations to it? Yup, I’m way too short for any dress!

Who is the designer? Demetrios – Cosmobella

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes and No, thought I would get a Maggie Sottero

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  Nope

Has he seen your dress? Nope!

Post # 85
922 posts
Busy bee

Show us your dress? Love love love mine.  Fits perfect! 

Are you making alterations to it? Just a French bustle, and maybe a slight hemline adjustment (it looks uneven)

Who is the designer? Local girl named Carrie

Did you have your dress picked before you got  engaged? Not at all

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   He knows what I like but nothing detailed about it

Has he seen your dress? Of course not

Post # 86
24 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? Model Pic– don’t have a real one of me at work. ๐Ÿ˜›

Are you making alterations to it? Needs to be taken-in a little, bustle added.. possibly hemmed, but hopefully I can find the right shoes.

Who is the designer? David’s Bridal — T9512

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yep– This seriously was the first dress I pinned on Pinterest.  Tried on about 20 before I got to try on this one and loved it!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   He knows its lace and not a ballgown.

Has he seen your dress? No!

Post # 87
21 posts
Newbee

I wanted to show you ladies my dress now that I’ve lost some weight. Still not happy with the backing BUT it wasn’t done up tight and my hoop hasnt arrived yet. So i think once it’s done up properly with the panel in, it’d be fine. But I love the way it is on the front now, and the back sits much better.

It is a Pina Fiorenza “Victoria”

I still have four months to go and more weight to lose, but I figure if I cant lose anymore between now and then, I’m happy with how it looks ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 88
292 posts
Helper bee

I’m late in the game but I want to play too!

Show us your dress? I don’t have a picture of me in the dress as I do not want my fiance seeing it at ALL costs! In addition, my Mom is the only one who has seen me in it!

Are you making alterations to it? The salon is guessing it will be about $350 in alterations because it’s so long (I’m wearing flats) and the whole bodice is beaded and will need to be taken in.  I haven’t decided if I should wear a sash or not….opinions????

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero, Adalee

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? I wanted a ball gown!  Mom wanted mermaid, Mom won haha!  I put on a ball gown and loved it, but I know my fiance’s jaw will drop in this one!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Probably as I’ve told him it’s hard to move in (the price we pay for beauty!)

Has he seen your dress? Absolutely not!

Post # 89
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Anna Winery

Show us your dress? Okay!

Are you making alterations to it? Only adding a bustle. Yay for corset backs!!

Who is the designer? Alfred Angelo (2314)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No way

Is this what you expected/wanted? Kind of/Not really. Still want something more blingy, but this dress was budget-friendly

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Nope!

Has he seen your dress? Hell no!

The topic ‘september 2013 brides show your dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors