(Closed) September 2013 – Your November To Do List

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We are sending our Save-The-Date Cards this month as well!  I also want to tackle bridal hangers and start the templates for the DIY paper stuff I am doing. 

Post # 4
1599 posts
Bumble bee

I just booked our officiant yesterday and we are getting our engagement Photos done on Saturday. 

If they aren’t too expensive, we may do save the dates. And when my graphic designer friend gets back from her vacation, we will start designing the invites!

I would also like to start ordering decorations (candles, paper lanterns, cake topper, etc), but this is “pending” me getting a job. Fingers crossed!!!

Post # 5
473 posts
Helper bee

We have the venue and photographer booked, save the dates are being printed, and invites are being designed. I found my dress, but I’m waiting for my stepmom to come back from Florida in mid-November so I can take her to a try on (already went with my Mom) and I’ll buy it then. We met with an officiant and he was… interesting. I kind of feel like quitting already!

Post # 6
188 posts
Blushing bee

Oh-oh, I’m way behind all of you! We just got engaged 10 days ago, so the official planning has just begun. What we already have (this will be a short list haha):

– venue (just gotta mail the deposit next week)

My November to-do list is super long:

– pick photographer (work through 20 bookmarked photographers’ websites, contact a few for quotes, choose and pay deposit)

– schedule and hopfully have e-shoot (not sure how this will work since it’s so ridiculously cold already, but we really want to have them for STDs!)

– Save-The-Date Cards brainstorm ideas, possibly start designing

– first appointment for dress shopping

Novemer B-list:

– contact a few other vendors: catering, musicians, DJ, officiant

I’m not too cconcerned about the other vendors, since it will be a Monday wedding, so I hope many will be available!

Post # 7
9566 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

HAHA…I had to go back to look at my October to do list because I dont think I accomplished everything.

Done already:

• Dress 

• Venue

• Photographer

• Ordered STDs/Thank you cards

Doing for November:

• Putting a deposit on a florist (this was my goal for October, but I ended up meeting with 5(!) so I just emailed one today to see about putting a deposit down.

• Book DJ (I have met one, and a meeting with one in about 11 days who I think will be my best bet–the most reasonable priced one I have found.
  • Just ordered my shoes!

• Book cake (meeting with one next Tuesday)

• Meet with officiant, hopefully book (emailed some, have not met yet)

My overall goal was to have all major vendors (venue, photographer, DJ, cake, florist, officiant) booked by the end of the year!  Fiance has a restaurant/catering company so I haven’t bothered to even mess with it yet.

After these I have left is hair/makeup, transportation, hotel (goal for December), and a photobooth (FI has a friend who is starting a photobooth company at the beginning of the year–so I am hoping I can work this out with them to get it for cheap).

Post # 8
9566 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Is everyone mailing their Save-The-Date Cards out so early because you have a lot of out of town guests? 

I was originally going to mail mine out in March but then I saw you could do it up to a year ahead of time…so now I have changed and decided to do it in January.  I do have quite a few out of town guests (well, most within a 5 hour drivable range)

Post # 9
188 posts
Blushing bee

@kes18:  I think they say 9-12 months for destination weddings, and 6-9 months for in-town. If you’re getting married in town and don’t have too many long-distance guest, I think I’d still do 8-9 months. Just because I don’t see the point of doing Save-The-Date Cards when the actual invitation comes only 2 months later.

Post # 10
9566 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@PumpkinCheesecake:  Thanks! I think I’m going to try for January.  Since my parents also get Xmas cards from some of our family it will be nice to make sure we have some of the correct addresses.

Post # 11
188 posts
Blushing bee

@kes18:  Perfect about the addresses – didn’t even think about that! I think many people do either November or January just so the Save-The-Date Cards don’t get lost in a pile of holiday cards.

Post # 13
60 posts
Worker bee

We I have only got four things done. 

1. Booked the photographer

2. Booked the videographer

3. Ordered the aisle Runner

4. Created and ordered the save-the-dates. 

So much more to do. I really need to create a list. Im getting overwhelmed. 

Post # 14
1599 posts
Bumble bee

I’m hoping to send my STD’s by January at the latest. Most of our guest will be from out of town, so that is a small factor. But I also like things to get done REALLY early, and I plan on sending the actual invites, like, 3-4 months before the wedding. I want people RSVP’d 2 months beforehand so I have enough time for final counts (favors, food, etc). 

Post # 15
361 posts
Helper bee

I don’t necessarily have a checklist, but I do have my “love-to-research” and organized parents to keep me in line!  They actually have done a lot of the to-date research for me. 🙂 

October –

Got engaged! CHECK! 🙂

Decided on a backyard, pig roast, big ol’ tent party! CHECK!!

In all seriousness though, figured out which Party Rental we will be going with, budget for the whole wedding, decided on flowers from Sam’s Club (DIY), booked the photographer, made a flower girl dress, picked out BM’s dress and shoes (orded shoes),picked out groomsmen’s ties/outfit (and Dads’ outfits/ties) contacted bakeries, DJs & some catering places (we may be doing all our own food, will definitely be doing our own pig roast!!), and started address list for guests.

November To Do-

Dress shopping for me!, finish addresses, book engagment pictures, hopefully book the DJ, CAKE TASTING!, and just generally enjoy my life. 🙂

Happy Planning!

Post # 16
9566 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Update:

It’s only the 7th and I’ve…

• booked florist
  • booked DJ
  • booked officiant
  • booked hair/makeup artist

Hopefully I’ll get the cake done too!

Here’s a gif for your pleasure:

Hope you’re having a good planning month ladies Wink

The topic ‘September 2013 – Your November To Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors