(Closed) September 2013 – Your October To Do List

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have hair, make up, officiant, venue, food, cake, DJ, photographer, videographer, all ready. What I am going to try to do next is in January, take engagement photos and then send out the Save the Dates in February. 😀

Post # 4
679 posts
Busy bee

The date in my profile is wrong, I’m actually a Sept. 2013 bride! Anyway, here are the things I’ve done so far:

• Booked venue for both ceremony and reception (reception venue includes catering)
  • Booked photographer
  • Picked officiant
  • Decided what the bouquets and center pieces will be (DIYing them)

Things I want to get taken care of in the month of October:

• Discuss menu (needs to be finalized with chef by November)
  • Book DJ (will be providing music for ceremony as well)
  • Book engagement shoot

Post # 5
1144 posts
Bumble bee

October is a super busy month for both my fiancé and I so I don’t have much planned for the month wedding wise. I’ll be attending a wedding show in 2 weeks with my mom, aunt and sisters and I plan on contacting a few florists regarding the bouquets/boutonnières I have in mind for quotes.

Post # 6
279 posts
Helper bee

I have a lot to finish this month:

• Decide on DJ
  • Find Officiant
  • Find Photographer
  • Find Florist
  • Meet with potential Coordinator

Not to mention Im a bridesmaid in a wedding this month so I will be pretty busy.

Post # 7
9541 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Done already:

• Dress
  • Venue
  • Photographer
  • Ordered Save-The-Date Cards

Doing for October

• meeting with florists…almost done!  So I will put a deposit down this month
  • Find a DJ
  • Maybe officiant….or I’ll save that till after the first two.

Post # 8
186 posts
Blushing bee

What we have so far:

• Church
  • Venue (includes catering)
  • Photographer
  • Flip flops
  • Photobooth
  • DJ
  • Save the dates designed and printed
  • Hotel room blocks

Things we want to get taken care of in October:

• Finalize guest list
  • Get addresses from guests & Future Mother-In-Law (why is this so difficult?!)
  • Send save the dates
  • Check off some Catholic Church requirements
  • Cake
  • Shop for videographer

Post # 9
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Things we already have done:

• venue

• dress

• asked bridesmaids and groomsmen

• band

• photographer

• hotel block

• Met with a few officiants

Things to do in Oct:

• Engagement photos

• Begin looking at save the dates

• Meet with florists

• Decide on an officiant

Post # 10
679 posts
Busy bee

When is everyone sending out Save the Dates? We weren’t planning to send them out till January or February, so about 7 or 8 months before the wedding. Should we be sending them sooner than that? Haven’t even begun to think about ordering them yet…

Post # 11
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@AnAppleA_Day:  We aren’t planning on sending them out until about Feb – within the next month or so, we want to start looking at them and getting ideas. I hope to order them before Christmas. 

Post # 13
186 posts
Blushing bee

@AnAppleA_Day:  I’m sending them early for the same reason as jd2012.  The majority of our guests have to travel so we are sending STD early. . .probably in a few weeks.  We are trying to send them before the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush.

Post # 14
679 posts
Busy bee

@AmyFarrahFowler:  @jd2012:  @infinity092813: Thanks for the responses! I think the longest anyone will have to travel for our wedding is 3ish hours and those are close family members and people in the wedding party, so they know already what the date is. I guess we’ll probably send them out after New Years. Hopefully that’s enough time! 

Post # 15
5002 posts
Bee Keeper

Ooh good question! Here’s what I have:

-venue (food and drinks included)

-photographer

-wedding planner

-music

-dress

-wedding party

What I’m working on this month:

-officiant

-bridesmaids dresses

-florist

Post # 16
14 posts
Newbee

Already done:

1. Booked church- did pre cana and other requirements already :)- though we do meet with the monsignor again this month (Just booked that appointment today!)

2. Booked reception (Includes catering/alcohol)

3. Booked photographer

4. Booked videographer

5. Booked band

6. Blocked hotel rooms

7. Picked colors (This took me a realllly long time!)

8. In the process of booking makeup- waiting to get the contract from the company!

This Month:

1. Book transportation- I’m having a hard time with this- why is it so expensive?

2. Book florist- have a call out to one right now!

3. Figure out engagement pictures/save the dates- Our photographer includes 100 save the dates, but we need to the pictures first!

— I thought you sent out save the dates 6 months before? I was planning to send them in March.  I have some family on the opposite coast, but they all know when the wedding is.  My fiance has some west coast family, but I assume they know the date.  When he cousin got married (In Arizona- we’re in Pennsylvania) we didn’t get the save the date until March (they got married in September of this year)… Now I feel like I really need to get on top of this!! Ah.. Maybe you’re all right, and I should send them a bit earlier.. 

4. Find a dress! I have an appointment set up with on of our local places on the 10th.. I don’t know what I want and I know it will take a while so I really need to get on top of this! I’ve been engaged since last July and didn’t want to look too early for fear that I would end up hating the dress by the time the wedding comes! I didn’t mean to wait this long! 

How many of you found your dress, and how long/how many places did you go to before you found it?

The topic ‘September 2013 – Your October To Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors