Post # 1
Hey fellow September 2013 bees,
The August 2013 girls have a great monthly thread for their planning to-do lists, any September bees interested in doing the same?!
My October to do’s involve finalizing ALL vendors I don’t yet have:
- Hair & makeup
- Ceremony musicians (decide quartet versus duo, depends on what budget allows)
- Sound system rental for reception
- Florist (I’ve email two over a week ago but didn’t hear back… sigh)
- Possibly bakery, but that’s lowest priority
I am planning long distance, and will be in RI one weekend this month, during which we will:
- Hopefully visit a couple of girls selling dresses in Massachusetts and buy my dress from one of them!
- Meet with 2 officiants, select one
- Possibly have our engagement photo shoot? Might be too busy of a weekend for this
I’m undecided about sending our Save the Dates in October or November. Any thoughts?
Post # 3
I have hair, make up, officiant, venue, food, cake, DJ, photographer, videographer, all ready. What I am going to try to do next is in January, take engagement photos and then send out the Save the Dates in February. 😀
Post # 4
The date in my profile is wrong, I’m actually a Sept. 2013 bride! Anyway, here are the things I’ve done so far:
- Booked venue for both ceremony and reception (reception venue includes catering)
- Booked photographer
- Picked officiant
- Decided what the bouquets and center pieces will be (DIYing them)
Things I want to get taken care of in the month of October:
- Discuss menu (needs to be finalized with chef by November)
- Book DJ (will be providing music for ceremony as well)
- Book engagement shoot
Post # 5
October is a super busy month for both my fiancé and I so I don’t have much planned for the month wedding wise. I’ll be attending a wedding show in 2 weeks with my mom, aunt and sisters and I plan on contacting a few florists regarding the bouquets/boutonnières I have in mind for quotes.
Post # 6
I have a lot to finish this month:
- Decide on DJ
- Find Officiant
- Find Photographer
- Find Florist
- Meet with potential Coordinator
Not to mention Im a bridesmaid in a wedding this month so I will be pretty busy.
Post # 8
What we have so far:
- Venue (includes catering)
- Flip flops
- Save the dates designed and printed
- Hotel room blocks
Things we want to get taken care of in October:
- Finalize guest list
- Get addresses from guests & Future Mother-In-Law (why is this so difficult?!)
- Send save the dates
- Check off some Catholic Church requirements
- Shop for videographer
Post # 9
Things we already have done:
- asked bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Met with a few officiants
Things to do in Oct:
- Begin looking at save the dates
Post # 10
When is everyone sending out Save the Dates? We weren’t planning to send them out till January or February, so about 7 or 8 months before the wedding. Should we be sending them sooner than that? Haven’t even begun to think about ordering them yet…
Post # 11
@AnAppleA_Day: We aren’t planning on sending them out until about Feb – within the next month or so, we want to start looking at them and getting ideas. I hope to order them before Christmas.
Post # 12
@AnAppleA_Day: Since about half of my guest list – and ALL of our friends – have to travel to our wedding, we want to send our Save the Date on the early side. Also, our wedding is a Friday.
I’ve heard 9-12 months for ‘destination’ weddings. I’m trying to hold off sending them til early November – I don’t want to send them in December in the mix of holiday cards, and January is later than I’d like, since it’s 2013 and I want people to know so that that they can plan (vacation days, etc).
Post # 13
@AnAppleA_Day: I’m sending them early for the same reason as jd2012. The majority of our guests have to travel so we are sending STD early. . .probably in a few weeks. We are trying to send them before the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush.
Post # 14
@AmyFarrahFowler: @jd2012: @infinity092813:
Thanks for the responses! I think the longest anyone will have to travel for our wedding is 3ish hours and those are close family members and people in the wedding party, so they know already what the date is. I guess we’ll probably send them out after New Years. Hopefully that’s enough time!
Post # 15
Ooh good question! Here’s what I have:
-venue (food and drinks included)
What I’m working on this month:
Post # 16
1. Booked church- did pre cana and other requirements already :)- though we do meet with the monsignor again this month (Just booked that appointment today!)
2. Booked reception (Includes catering/alcohol)
3. Booked photographer
4. Booked videographer
5. Booked band
6. Blocked hotel rooms
7. Picked colors (This took me a realllly long time!)
8. In the process of booking makeup- waiting to get the contract from the company!
1. Book transportation- I’m having a hard time with this- why is it so expensive?
2. Book florist- have a call out to one right now!
3. Figure out engagement pictures/save the dates- Our photographer includes 100 save the dates, but we need to the pictures first!
— I thought you sent out save the dates 6 months before? I was planning to send them in March. I have some family on the opposite coast, but they all know when the wedding is. My fiance has some west coast family, but I assume they know the date. When he cousin got married (In Arizona- we’re in Pennsylvania) we didn’t get the save the date until March (they got married in September of this year)… Now I feel like I really need to get on top of this!! Ah.. Maybe you’re all right, and I should send them a bit earlier..
4. Find a dress! I have an appointment set up with on of our local places on the 10th.. I don’t know what I want and I know it will take a while so I really need to get on top of this! I’ve been engaged since last July and didn’t want to look too early for fear that I would end up hating the dress by the time the wedding comes! I didn’t mean to wait this long!
How many of you found your dress, and how long/how many places did you go to before you found it?