(Closed) September 2013 – Your October To Do List

posted 7 years ago in September 2013
Post # 18
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@infinity092813:  I’m dreading getting addresses! I tried to firm up my fiance’s family’s guest list but everytime I asked him about certain people, he said he didn’t care. They’re his family members, not mine! If he doesn’t care, why are they invited? Ugh, guest lists are the worst!

Post # 20
679 posts
Busy bee

@jd2012: Uhhhhh are we marrying the same guy? Seriously. My parents are very “traditional” in terms of etiquette for the guest list, like, “If you invite one uncle you have to invite all the aunts, uncles, and cousins, not just the ones you are close to.” But my Future Mother-In-Law, for their side, said to invite whoever we wanted and not worry about anyone feeling excluded. Which is nice, but he has very few relatives he’s inviting, and he’s inviting both of his childhood best friends’ parents, and his cross-country coach from college! Meanwhile I had to cut back on friends to invite relatives I never even talk to…

Post # 22
186 posts
Blushing bee

@KCDL: Got all but 5 or so addresses. . .it was SUCH a task!  Emails, FB, texts.  START EARLY!!!

@jd2012:  Got my list from the future  in-laws.  They invited everyone – old neighbors, grandma’s cousin, friend’s children. . .hell, one of you may be on our guest list! Surprised

Our venue capacity is 250 and we have a total of 299.  Luckily, our wedding is considered a destination wedding for many so we’ll have quite a few no’s. . .I’m scared nonetheless!

Post # 24
14 posts
Newbee

@jd2012:  I wish it was that easy! My Future Father-In-Law said we don’t have to invite all these people from their side of the family, but his mom doesn’t feel the same way.  From my understanding, talking to his sister too, we have to invite them all and see what happens.  She got married 8 years ago and a lot of the extended family came back.  FI can’t even look at the list and tell me who goes together, so it should be interesting.  If he can’t even tell me that, why are they coming to our wedding? Oh well.  It’s just different because I talk to all of my extended family and it would be strange not to invite them! But if you don’t talk to them, why do we have to make such the effort for OUR day? In fact, one his cousin’s got married this year.  I wasn’t even invited to the wedding, and we didn’t even go because it was one of FI’s friend’s weddings and he wanted to go to that one instead. I didn’t care that I wasn’t invited, but I did find it strange.  Now I have to invite them to my wedding, and my Fiance can’t even tell me how old his cousin is! It’s so funny how these lists turn into a big production!

The topic ‘September 2013 – Your October To Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors