(Closed) September 2014 bees: we are getting close!

posted 6 years ago in September 2014
Post # 16
2684 posts
Sugar bee

I feel like I’ve moved into the “Sh**’s getting real” phase of planning.  I’ve been knocking out tasks left and right.  Earlier this week, Vistaprint sent me an email saying that my invites were ready to ship, and just this morning I dropped off the deposit for our hair/makeup stylist.  The big things we haven’t done yet are putting in a rental order for a tent and tables/chairs, finding FI’s suit, and finding a cake or dessert vendor.  Most of the decor and flowers are done too.  I guess that’s one of the perks of having a 2-year engagement πŸ™‚

Also, we got our first wedding present 2 weeks ago.  Holy crap!  We still have like 4.5 months left…I didn’t think people would start sending them so early.

Post # 18
366 posts
Helper bee

September 27, 2014 bride checking in.

bleusteel:  I’m with you. “Sh**’s getting real” phase has hit! lol

We’ve got all our vendors booked, but haven’t worked out details yet. Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen outfits are decided and ordered. Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts are purchased. No idea what to get the GMs or parents. No idea!

But I did have a dress-regret meldown two weeks ago and ordered a new dress. lol

This week I HAVE to place the Cards and Pockets order or the invites.

We have our engagement photo shoot May 21.

Fiance goes in for open heart surgery on May 30. Then it’ll be recovery/rsvp time. Oy.

I’m really looking forward to our honeymoon. πŸ™‚

Post # 19
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We have pretty much everything done, no kidding. πŸ™‚  All of the vendors, even cake and food finalized, wedding bands, decor, everything that needed to be DIY, suits, hotel block, rehersal dinner, flowers, anything and everything that needed to be reserved….. of course we have a few small details to work out but there is not one major thing i can think of that’s not done. I would kind of be freaking if I had as much left to do as some of you!! LOL πŸ˜‰

Post # 20
438 posts
Helper bee

We will be 4 months at the end of the month! 

We have pretty much all the major stuff done too. 

Theonly things left is meet with the priest , waiting for the invitations to arrive and put them together, book the hair/mu trial, groomsmen suit fitting, plan the rehearsal dinner and the small details left close to the wedding.

Post # 21
1403 posts
Bumble bee

Haha we still don’t have anything finalized except an officiant and a dress.  I told my fiancé that we have to get on the ball this week signing contracts!  We have a venue picked out but haven’t signed yet, and we talked to one caterer but still need to do the math as well as explore other options.  Sigh.

Post # 22
3415 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

I have a lot of DIY things to do yet. I have to start printing invites so I won’t have to do it at the last minute. I have some little touches here and there that I need to do. Fiance has work to do as well. I need to book cake and catering. For some reason I’m putting it off. I have a vacation week coming up next month so I’ll probably make a lot of appts for that week.

I just want lots of alcohol to get me through this. Its going to be here before I know it and I’m sure I’ll want to kill myself.

Post # 23
128 posts
Blushing bee

I can’t believe how close it’s getting! I’ll be honest, so excited to get married, but starting to feel pretty worn out with all of the planning. I’m finishing fellowship in Endocrinology right now, trying to finish writing 2 papers for publication before I graduate, doing all of the paper work for my new job (which has been ridiculous), trying study for my board exams and plan the wedding all at once.  Anyone else feeling overwhelmed?

Post # 24
215 posts
Helper bee

My daughter’s wedding went well. Given the short period of time we had it went well and she and my sil were very pleased with everything. I am actually gonna take a break for a week or two. That was very overwhelming. I did manage to squeeze the (cup) cake tasting in before her wedding and we loved them :). One more thing accomplished I guess. And here are a couple pictures!

It was steampunk inspired πŸ™‚

Post # 25
215 posts
Helper bee

Funny after thought, our colors were so similar as mine is fall theme, so she used our arch and my napkins will be same color too πŸ™‚

Post # 26
93 posts
Worker bee

Freaking out, have so much to do!!! Not a lot of time between two jobs, kind of freaking out!!!!

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee

Everyone’s so on top of things!! I’m still figuring out invitation designs right now and getting the Fiance to get those darn suit rentals done! It’s definitely starting to feel real and I’m thinking I should shrink the DIY list a little… Eeeeekkk!

Post # 28
707 posts
Busy bee

AHHHH dress still isn’t here!!!!!!!!!!

At least it’s an elopement and I don’t have to plan what you other bees do!

Countdown til September!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 29
25 posts
Newbee

Haven’t decided on dessert yet.  Groom needs shoes and a ring.  I’ve had my final fitting.  Need to make a few things.  Getting exciting!  Sept 7 coming right up!

Post # 30
3415 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

MrsBP:  LOVE the cake!  Steampunk is so much fun.  I’m going steampunk for Halloween this year.

Today I realized we have 57 days left.  I’m freaking out.  So much to do and not enough time.  OMG 8 weeks.  8 FREAKING WEEKS!!!

The topic ‘September 2014 bees: we are getting close!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors