(Closed) September 2014 Brides-To-Be??

posted 6 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Njeana:  Good possibility of being a Sept. 2014 bride! Still waiting on the proposal though, but it should happen by Fall! Still will be a long engagement.

Post # 4
64 posts
Worker bee

@Njeana:  I will be a sept 2014 bride! We have the venue and photographer already booked and deposits paid for (am i too organised???). I like you want my hubby to be to at least pretend to be more interested but i get a glazed look when i talk about bridesmaid dress fabric samples of table decortions…. hopefully he will become more involved as time goes on.

Post # 5
217 posts
Helper bee

@sammyjo2012011:  That’s great and that is exactly what I am looking to do! But the venues in my area have been kind of reluctant to help my Fiance and myself because of our long range date. Most thought it was a typo in January/ February, and that I meant Oct 2012.

Post # 6
64 posts
Worker bee

@StephanieElise:  Really? you would think that venues would be so chuffed to have your buisness. I work for a department store that has a wedding registary and they have brides registered for 2015 already????

Post # 7
111 posts
Blushing bee

Also looking at Sept. 2014!  We’re not going to “talk” about the date for a year, because we need to clear university debt, but with my prospective budget (low), and the fact that we both love the fall, like the idea of a fall wedding, and the honeymoon destination is fantastic in September, looks like Sept. 2014.  I’m planning aesthetics and other such visual work, wedding party, type of food, and mostly DIYs.  Because I’m relying heavily on DIY (financial reasons, and I just love it), I’ve got a lot of “self-planning” to do – corsets for the basis of a dress, whole-salers for glycerine (thinking of preserving local fall leaves for decor), etc.  Less worrying about prospective outsourcing, though. 🙂 

It’s a nice way to deal with the wait, while still getting a head start in the absence of determining a specific date.

Post # 8
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I’m in a long engagement, and we’re getting married next August. You’ll be amazed at how quickly time goes. We’ve somehow been engaged for a year already!

I think a lot of venues view long engagements as a risk or something. I had a lot of negative response to 2014 dates when we were first planning.

Post # 9
3417 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

I wanted a long engagement because I wanted to be able to have everything I wanted for my wedding.  We’re paying for this ourselves and I’m not saying I want some over the top lux wedding, but we’re having rustic and romantic and my Fiance has generously agreed to making some of our decor himself out of wood that his ex-in-laws (we get along with them) said we could get from their farm property.

The only problem I’m facing is I bought my dress 2 years ago.  Excited to finally be engaged, and now I am thinking I chose too quickly.  I love the dress I picked out, don’t get me wrong. But I found this GORGEOUS mermaid lace dress.  I’m torn, because I have a dress, almost completely paid for that I love.  But I could sell it and afford this other dress I’m falling in love with.  Each dress is completely different in style than the other so you can’t even compair the two.  UGH.

Post # 10
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hey fellow september 2014 brides, how soon is to soon to start booking for you wedding ie. venue, dj, etc

Post # 11
3417 posts
Sugar bee

@Msmarie31:  Depends on the waiting list for each vendor.  Our ceremony/reception site has a waiting list of 2 years.  In order for us to get our first pick date for 2014 we had to call the day they started taking 2014 reservations.  This place books up QUICK.  Everything else I’m waiting on to book.  I did talk to my florist though so we could come up with ideas for flowers.  I say unless your vendors have a long waiting list wait until about 10-12 months prior to your wedding to book.  You could book slightly earlier than a year if you want but there isn’t really a point.

Post # 12
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@NurseMandie:  Ok thanks, the place i want is open for that date and then they told me it’s up to me i should book it  so no one won’t take the date i want

Post # 13
3417 posts
Sugar bee

@Msmarie31:  In the case of your reception and ceremony venues I would definitely book ASAP.  I know first hand how much it sucks to have your heart set on a date and venue only to have your dates booked up.  We’ve pushed back our wedding 3 times because the dates I wanted were booked at our venue and while I could book at a place less popular, I also had my heart set on this venue.

Post # 14
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’m hoping to be a September 2014 bride! Can’t wait till we all have more date specific things to talk about!! Until then, I’ll be creepin’ on September 2013 boards lol.

Post # 15
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - White Point Garden, Charleston, SC

Finally settled on it!  I’m a September 2014 bride.  This is due to work situations, money, planning time and a ton of other factors.  Honestly though?  If we’re going to be together for the rest of our lives, why rush it?

Post # 16
3417 posts
Sugar bee

@S.Elizabeth.G:  I agree.  I don’t feel the need to rush into a wedding.  We already call him my hubby and he calls me his wife.  My dad doesn’t like that we aren’t married yet but we’re paying for the wedding so no one but us gets any say in when it is :).

The topic ‘September 2014 Brides-To-Be??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors