(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?
    Family - Already have! : (21 votes)
    16 %
    Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (27 votes)
    21 %
    Family - After the first trimester! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Friends - Already have! : (9 votes)
    7 %
    Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Friends - After the first trimester! : (41 votes)
    32 %
    Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    4433 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hi guys!! Thanks FMM! 🙂 Just a reminder I started a September Mommas thread on Facebook. If you’re interested PM me and let me know 🙂

Post # 4
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I can’t believe we’re already on part 2! Can we add a poll or something? Not sure about what so clearly I’m super helpful haha.

Post # 6
    4433 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I just like the privacy of the fb thread, and it’s easier to get notifications and use from my phone rather than Wbee at work haha.  When everyones ready that’s cool 🙂 Serves the same purpose as here!

Post # 7
    5480 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@FMM:  Thanks for starting the thread!  You can do a poll about when you plan on sharing the news with friends &/or family?

@BellaDee:  I may hop onto a FB group but I think I’m going to wait until I’m a little bit farther along 🙂

Post # 9
    841 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@FMM:  Can you add me to Sept 13, please? I feel like there was already a second thread (started by someone else?) and I roll called on that… TIA

Post # 10
    841 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Finally got my 3+! Such a relief!

Post # 12
    447 posts
    Helper bee

@NLbride:  Woohoo congrats! I’m hoping to get a 3+ on Saturday, I’ll be 5w4d then 🙂

As for the poll, we’ve already told immediate family and best friends. We’ll tell grandparents/generally become more relaxed with the news after we hear a heartbeat. I’ll be exactly 12 weeks on my birthday on March 5th, so *if* we do a big FB announcement, I feel like that’d be the day. Still on the fence about whether I even want to do that.

Post # 13
    516 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@FMM:  thanks for the new thread 

I think I’m in a minority, I peed on the one and only test I had in the house, and haven’t felt the slightest urge to take another. I did have betas drawn though that almost tripled in 48 hours so maybe that’s the difference.  🙂 

Post # 14
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@terpalum10:  I have a lot of people who do FB announcments.  I’ve decided not to post on Facebook.

Is anyone rediculously hungry?  If I am not eating, I get queasy.  There is a sweet spot for about half an hour after I’ve eaten  that I am not queasy or hungry, but that goes away REAL fast.

Post # 15
    447 posts
    Helper bee

@amandasf:  Yeah I don’t know about them either. Inevitably there’s always someone you forgot to tell, etc. We’ll see how I feel when it gets closer.

SO. RIDICULOUSLY. HUNGRY. My only real symptoms are increased hunger and fatigue. Like you, I only get nauseated when I haven’t eaten lately or gotten enough protein. I’m usually not a huge eater and I measure out my meal servings, so it’s blatantly obvious that something is out of the norm for me. I can also feel something in there when I try to suck in my tummy – I’m sure it’s things shifting around, but still, weirdly encouraging!

Post # 16
    299 posts
    Helper bee

@amandasf:  I am in the same boat. I feel like I am constantly stuffing my face so I don’t feel sick (not that it works). Over the weekend I felt my stomach growl for the first time in weeks and it felt weird. I am almost having to force myself to eat though. At dinner last night I just didn’t feel like eating but made myself have a little bit. Halfway through I started feeling better and went back and got seconds.

Has anyone made comments about you looking sick? My mom told me over the weekend that I looked a little “green around the edges.” Kind of like I was hungover. I said that is exactly how I feel. No one else has said anything, maybe she is the only one comfortable enought to say something like that.

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors