(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 17
    1471 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @FMM:  The doctor now believes that I am closer to 5 weeks, so September 17ish, rather than 24th.

For part 756 of my saga with the pain. The obgyn was sent my results from the emergency room, and is really, really pleased. I had to see her for an emergency room follow up, and she basically said that the cyst will be monitered but is actually supplying progesterone (so no suppliments for me). My HCG looks great and is rising well and my gestational sack is where we want it. We won’t be able to see the fetal pole for another week, but my dr. is optimistic that the pregnancy is viable. Yay! It does mean weekly ultrasounds and blood tests for the trimester though.

One of the issues with the cyst is that it is causing my first trimester bloat to be more significant than usual. Significant enough that I am wearing maternity clothes at 5 weeks, per obgyn suggestion! On the plus side, I was able to get 2 pairs of motherhood shorts and a pair of motherhood denim capris for $7 from Goodwill today, all in excellent condition! So comfy!

Post # 18
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @farawayviolet:  I have a cyst on my left ovary. Where is yours ??

Post # 19
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @NLbride:  yay! Congrats on the 3+. How far along are you? Do you know?

Post # 21
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

is it crazy I’m saving my last FRER because it doesn’t expire until late 2015?! lol I am tempted to go buy a cheapo walmart one ($.88) because they didn’t work the day I got my squinter.

Post # 22
    836 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @yougotme:  I am somewhere around 5w3d, based on LMP.

Post # 23
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @amandasf:  Yes I’m queasy all the time except for immediately after eating.  I took a Zofran today though and it was wonderful.

The cafeteria had green olives at the salad bar and I had filled a bowl with about 20 when I realized that looked really odd so I put lettuce on top, lol.  Yes, I ate a bowl of lettuce and green olives and it was AMAZING.  I might need to stop at the store on my way home and buy more olives.

I’m in the minority with the poll because I don’t plan on telling anyone until after the first trimester.  I might have to tell the inlaws at 11ish weeks because they are going to another state for a few months and DH wants to tell them before then. Once we tell them I will probably have to tell my parents as well just to be fair. If it were up to me I would wait until 13-14 weeks when we go visit them. 

I noticed a coworker stare really hard at my stomach today.  Now, I’ve gained some nonpregnancy related weight in recent months and I know that everyone at work is really expecting me to get pregnant soon so that might be it or I might just be paranoid.  My stomach is NOT any bigger, no bloat or anything.

Post # 24
    1471 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  On the right. At least CL cysts tend to dissolve by second trimester! I’m a grad student and trying to work propped up on pillows because sitting upright is too painful!

Post # 25
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  I can relate to the coworker stomach staring! I have also, unfortunately, gained back some of the weight I lost last year (before getting pregnant) and i have one coworker who always tells me that this would be a good time for maternity leave. (I’m a teacher with a challenging class this year). Everytime I talk to her, she looks at my stomach and it makes me uncomfortable! And now… Nervous she will figure it out before I’m ready for coworkers to know. 

Post # 26
    900 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

Hey just wanted to update that at my appt last Wednesday my doctor changed my EDD to September 10. 🙂

Post # 27
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @Jilliebean1: hi potential due date buddy.  I’m guessing that’s mine too but I don’t have an u/s for another couple of weeks. Did you have one?

Post # 28
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @FMM:  hey there, I’m still a bit early, but I’d like to roll call! I’m just going to use the questions from the first thread, if that’s cool.

Roll Call! 

Due Date: sept. 26th going by O date

Cycles trying (if applicable): 4

Symptoms so far: fatigue, mild cramps & bloat, sore boobs, and HUNGER. Also, drooling a lot in my sleep (so glamorous).

First doctors appointment: not until Feb. 18th. Feels l like a long time away.

Most excited for: seeing baby’s heartbeat, telling family, and of course getting to meet our little one!

Most nervous about: miscarriage and/or something being wrong with baby. I’m trying to think positively, though, and just hope for the best!

Do you plan to find out the gender?: Yes!

Hoping for a: deep down, I hope for a girl, but either way I will be thrilled.

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: Wine. I was cooking with white wine last night, and my mouth was watering at the fragrance of it.

Possible names: still thinking on this!

Just for fun, what color schemes are you thinking for a nursery? maybe gray, white and apple green. I also am considering the color Black Pepper from Benjamin Moore – the couple from Young House Love has it in their master bedroom, and it is swoon-worthy.

Post # 29
    1408 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Whoop!! Happy day!!! Got my 3+ today! I hadnt tested since last Saturday but something just told me to test today! I believe I am 5w4d today. My first obgyn appt is a week from today! Cannot come soon enough! 

Post # 31
    664 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  ooo you are due on my husband’s birthday!

View original reply
    @FMM:  Congratulations!  It is such progression in even just one week- that’s why I was told to wait 5 days for my ultrasound, after 6 weeks there is a much better chance of hearing the heartbeat.

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors