(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 451
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @7yearlovestory:  oh yes. I didn’t go for over three days and it was miserable. I took Miralax which solved my constipation issue, but I also projectile vomited shortly after taking it, so I’m scared to take it again. I’m sure the latter issue was caused by my little peanut bouncing around and NOT the Miralax, but still. Hard to let that experience go!

Post # 452
    7 posts
    Newbee

I’ve been waiting to join in, I am 9w2days but just started bleeding today……. I was due 19th……

Post # 453
    1471 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @Traded_up:  I’m so sorry you have to go through this.

I don’t want to give false hope, but some people bleed and have happy, healthy pregnancies. I’ve bled for about 3 weeks in this pregnancy (filling pads, not just spotting) and as of my last appointment, baby is doing well. Check with your dr/midwife before giving up hope.

Post # 454
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @Jen-in-GA:  I’m so sorry to hear that. What a difficult time this must be. 🙁

Post # 455
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @Traded_up:  I’m so sorry you’re going through this.  Have you seen your doctor?  I bled at nine weeks also and everything was ok.  

Post # 456
    2135 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Due Date: September 10th

Cycles trying (if applicable): 3

Symptoms so far: major fatigue, minor cramps, no appetite lately (nausea ONLY when I think about eating)

First doctors appointment: it was this past Friday (Feb 14)

Most excited for: seeing/hearing baby’s heartbeat, finding out the gender

Most nervous about: something being wrong with baby. my little sister has CP and although it is NIOT genetic, it scares me. Plus I work in a pediatric office where we see a lot of children with special needs (physical, mental, or both) so it is scary to see how much can go wrong

Do you plan to find out the gender?: Yes!

Hoping for a: A girl, but as long as my baby’s healthy, that is all that I really care about

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: Wine! Especially going wine tasting!

Possible names: Louis for a boy, charlotte for a girl

Just for fun, what color schemes are you thinking for a nursery? so far I am think yellow, grey and white

Post # 457
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @nutMeg13:  welcome! I’m due 9/10 as well!

Post # 458
    2135 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @yougotme:  that will definitely be an amazing and exciting day! 

It still doesn’t feel real yet!

Post # 459
    Hostess
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Hey September Mamas! October mama here. 

So I’m 6 weeks 1 day and have really minimal symptoms. (Only have nausea when I’m hungry, I’ve gotten quite spacey, and the odd cramp here and there). It seems like everyone else on the October board has tons of symptoms and some  are miserable. While I’d love think I’m just lucky, I can’t help but shake the fear something is wrong because I’m having such an easy go of it. I don’t have an apointment with my midwife until about 10 weeks. 

Have any of you had very few symptoms still at 6 weeks, but everything turned out to be fine? I thought I’d ask you ladies because you’re still close enough to us to remember. 

Thanks in advance!

Post # 460
    73 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
    @Mrs.LemonDrop:  Well my first appointment is on Wednesday, and I’m only 8 weeks, but at 6 weeks my symptoms were also very faint. It wasn’t till my 7th week that I began feel terrible. Enjoy while you aren’t feel horrible yet. 

Post # 461
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @Mrs.LemonDrop:  I’ll be 10 weeks on Tuesday and have had little to no symptoms. Some extra fatigue a couple of days a week and random songs on the radio make me cry, but that’s honestly been it. . At my first appointment everything looked normal and my midwife just told me I was one of the lucky ones I’m hoping everything is still A ok at my next appointment friday. I know it’s nerve wracking and easier said than done but just try to take it one day at a time, and something others have said that’s helped me has been to remind myself I can’t know what tomorrow will bring but today I’m pregnant and that’s something to be happy about. 

Post # 462
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @Mrs.LemonDrop:  I’m 10w4d right now and my only real symptoms are sore boobs, fatigue and pimples. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and everything was great. I heard the heartbeat again at 9w5d and it was nice and strong. I understand your worries- I still have them. But… So far, so good!

Post # 463
    Hostess
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @7yearlovestory:  
    View original reply
    @JavaLava:  
    View original reply
    @yougotme:  Thanks you guys. That actually does help me feel like less of a weirdo. I appreciate it!

Post # 464
    151 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @Mrs.LemonDrop:  Hello, fellow charter lady! 🙂 I’m 10w1d now and I still feel mostly normal. I have had a few bad days nausea-wise (maybe 10 total) and they didn’t really start until 6ish weeks anyway. My boobs feel a tiiiiny bit sore but nothing bad, and I haven’t had any of the fatigue that many women describe. My most noticeable symptom is constipation – no fun. So I think everyone is just different. (On the other hand my mom says that she always got “a surge of energy and happiness” when she was pregnant and I definitely don’t feel THAT great.)

I also totally understand the frustration with waiting so long to see a doctor/midwife. I had a quick appointment with a midwife for paperwork and bloodwork at around 8 1/2 weeks (and I still haven’t gotten my bloodwork results) and I ended up paying for a private ultrasound last week because I was too impatient to wait until 13 weeks for my first scan just to confirm that there was a healthy baby in there!

Post # 465
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @Mrs.LemonDrop:  those are my symptoms plus gas and acid reflux. Lol. I haven’t had terrible MS or anything. 

Youre still early. By 7 weeks it got worse and then let up around 9

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors