(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 466
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @Traded_up:  hey there, just wanted to check and see if you’ve found anything out from your doctor or midwife. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Post # 467
    1811 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Hi September mamas! I’m an august mama, but chances are I’ll go into September! Just wanted to (attempt to) keep up with how you ladies are doing! How is everyone feeling?

Post # 468
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  What have you found to be the best for your constipation? My issues are starting to get worse. It was just an annoyance before but now it getting to be almost unbearable. I never had this problem before I was pregnant so I never had to worry about it or keep things in the house for it.

Post # 469
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @BulldogBride:  I never had this problem either.  Miralax 2x a day eventually worked but gave me diarrhea.  I bought an enema as a last resort but that day the diarrhea started so it’s still around in case.  I have been a little less naseous and have been taking less zofran so the constipation is more manageable now but still really unpleasant.  I was taking colace twice a day for weeks but it didn’t seem to help.

Senna also works but I took it twice and 8-10 hours after I took it I had horrible cramps and diarrhea.  I was about five minutes from home once when it hit and thought I was going to die/have an accident in my car.

TMI?

Post # 470
    299 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee: I think Too Much Information has been thrown out the window at this point lol. Thanks for the info!

Post # 471
    2319 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I was born in Sept. and so was my sibling. And I am also going to have the baby in Sept. Hehehe!

ETA so far is Sept 9! First baby. So very nervous! Embarassed

Post # 472
    614 posts
    Busy bee

My first prenatal appointment and ultrasound are today! So excited and nervous!

Post # 473
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  hey you! Feeling good. Always hungry. Sleep is sketchy I wake up every hour or so for no reason.  I might buy the body pillow soon!

Post # 474
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  good luck today! Keep us updated!

Post # 475
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @yougotme:  thanks! It was amazing! Baby measured right on track at 8 weeks 5 days, and the heartbeat was 178. We got to see her wiggle around, and it was adorable! (For some reason, I feel like she’s a girl, but who really knows at this point.)

I present to you, Baby Shadow!

The only negative about the appointment is that due to a history of lupus-related skin rashes, I have to have a bunch more bloodwork, do a 24-hour urine catch to test my kidneys, and visit a high-risk OB. But I’m optimistic that everything will come back clean and then we’ll get to proceed as normal!

Post # 476
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  so cute! I can’t wait to have an ultrasound where the baby really looks baby like! Glad things went well and good luck with all your follow up testing. 🙂

Post # 477
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  So cute! I love when the ultrasounds start looking like actual little babies.  I’m hoping my to get another peek at baby at my appointment on Friday. Hope all of your follow up testing goes well.

Post # 478
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Congrats! Was that a transvaginal u/s? It’s soooo clear compared to mine.

Post # 479
    299 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  I had to do the 24 hour urine collection too. It isn’t too bad. Mine was because my blood pressure was elevated at my appointment and a family history of high blood pressure. But everything came back great!

Post # 480
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @yougotme:  thanks again!

View original reply
    @JavaLava:  Oooh, post a pic if you do get another ultrasound! If my testing goes well and I’m not put into the high-risk category, then I won’t get another one until 20 weeks, which seems so far away.

View original reply
    @NLbride:  Yep, it was transvaginal. I thought it would take her a moment to find the baby, but it was pretty much like as soon as she put the wand in there, bam! Baby! So maybe the baby was just in a really good spot for this one?

View original reply
    @BulldogBride:  Well, I’m going to try and follow your lead and wind up with a good result, too! I think I’ll just have to put a note on our downstairs bathroom that day to remind me to use the upstairs one with the potty collection stuff. I could totally see myself forgetting and letting a couple of bathroom trips go by without collecting, then having to start over.

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors