(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 481
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Mine was abdominal, so it was so blurry. I’m not complaining because I got to see my baby’s heartbeat and I wasn’t supposed to get an u/s until 18 weeks (ridiculous, if you ask me) so I was lucky to just get the chance. Jealous of your clear little baby, though. 😉

Post # 482
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Aw I love early ultrasounds!

My 12 week appt went well. We heard the heart beat on Doppler and it’s 170 BPM. Time to start telling people eek !

Post # 483
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @NLbride:  yeah, waiting until 18 weeks would be crazy hard to do! I wonder why they went abdominal for yours? Wasn’t the heartbeat amazing? It seriously blew me away to see it, and when they did the part where they “listen” and measure it, it was just surreal.

Post # 484
    73 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  congratulations. My appointment is tomorrow, and I’m super excited. I feel like I’ve been waiting for this forever. How long was your appointment?

Post # 485
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  congrats on 12 weeks! 

Post # 486
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  I hope your ends up good too! Yeah you don’t want to forget any. Mine was sort of a logistical nightmare. I live in a rural area and the hospital is a 1/2 hour drive from my house and only had 4 hours after my final collection to get it back to the lab. I didn’t want to have to collect at work but I had no choice because the lab is closed to the public on Sundays. So I had to do it Friday morning – Saturday morning and have it to the lab by noon. The funny thing is my Brother-In-Law was staying with us and we hadn’t told him I was pregnant yet. I kept the collection container in a plastic bag in a brown bag in the fridge. He never asked what the huge brown bag in the fridge was lol.

Post # 487
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @7yearlovestory:  ooh, hope the appointment is going well! Overall, we were there from 10:30 am until 12:30, BUT some of that time was just waiting. Here’s a rough outline:

10:35 – 10:50 – leave urine sample, get ultrasound

10:50 – 11:10 – waiting

11:10 – 11:25 – giving medical history to nurse

11:25 – 11:35 – waiting

11:35 – 11:55 – Q & A with my OB

11:55 – 12:05 – Pap, annual exam

12:05 – 12:25 – waiting to get bloodwork done

12:25 – 12:30 – getting bloodwork done

DH was kinda peeved it took so long, mostly because of the periods of waiting, but I didn’t think it was too unusual. Seems like there’s always a bit of a wait when I go to my lady doc.

View original reply
    @BulldogBride:  oh yikes! The logistics are difficult enough without having to throw some espionage in the mix! Did you have to avoid coffee and tea in the three days leading up to the collection? I just read that instruction on the collection jug today and was like, ‘oh no!’ I get headaches without a cup of tea or coffee in the morning.

Post # 488
    73 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  everything went great. Turns out I’m due october 4th. And my appointment only lasted 40 minutes. They got right to business with us which was nice. But many times there is lots of waiting during doctor visits. 

Post # 489
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Nope. I wasn’t told to avoid anything in the days before. I ate an drank like normal. Just nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before the test. I didn’t even take my prenatals that morning because I didn’t want to throw any of my results off.

Post # 490
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Well I just got back from my second appointment and everything went well. Tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler but apparently my uterus is still sitting nice and low. So she gave me a quick ultrasound just to make sure everything was looking good. Baby looks so much more baby like now and was kicking up a storm and rolling around and flexing little fingers and toes. Had a nice strong heartbeat of 162. And I set up the NT scan for the first week of march so things are moving right along.  here’s a picture of the little guy/girl.

Post # 491
    446 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @JavaLava:  Yay!  Adorable.  I would have been so nervous waiting for the ultrasound if they couldn’t find the heartbeat on doppler.  

I’m telling my best friend tonight and another friend tomorrow.  Started telling people at work too and its a lot of fun.  I found out my boss is due five days after me.  It’s her third baby and she is totally showing so she felt she had to say something.

At 12 weeks, I can still hide it but definitely have a thickened waist and a gut that doesn’t really suck in.  I usually have a very hour glass figure and that has pretty much disappeared.  It’s weird.  If I weren’t pregnant I would be pretty unahppy about the way I look.  So weird to be wanting it to get BIGGER.

Post # 492
    446 posts
    Helper bee

Wow I guess I killed this thread.  Are all the September mommas still doing ok?

Post # 493
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  Thankfully the ultrasound is literally across the hall and I had prepared myself going in that I would likely not hear the heartbeat on doppler. How did telling your friends go? 

I’m dying to tell people. So far I’ve only told my mom, because I couldn’t not tell her and we’re waiting to tell everyone else until march when there will be a big family get together. 

How is everyone else feeling? it’s been quiet in here lately. 

Post # 494
    516 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Still here. A lot of us are chatting on the fb group, so I’m guessing  that’s why it’s so quiet here. 

Post # 495
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  

View original reply
    @JavaLava:  it has been quiet, hasn’t it? I’m guessing maybe more people are using the Facebook group. I’m still holding off on joining there.

As for me, I’m feeling pretty good. I haven’t had any nausea for several days, which makes me both happy and a little anxious. I’m hungry as all get out, though, so hopefully baby is growing up a storm in there. Also, I think I’m having some sciatic nerve pain. Seems a bit early for that, but when I stand or move a certain way, it hurts down one side of my butt. Also, I just found out that my cousin is having a baby due in June, so that’s fun!

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors