(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 496
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  

View original reply
    @JavaLava:  

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  yea, it’s so quiet. I secretly stalk the August and October mamas boards because there’s more action. I’m not quite ready to join a FB group, it’s kind of sad that it takes away from the discussion on here. 

AFM, I’d love to be out of the nausea. Not sure how to tell when I’m still taking the diclectin. Has anyone weaned off it? I’m into the annoying constipation and gas pain. So much scary cramping when things aren’t moving properly. So scary.

Post # 497
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @NLbride:  I’ve been stalking those too! 

I’m in the same camp as others and not exactly ready to join a facebook group even though I know it’s super private I’m still a nervous nancy and would prefer to wait till we’ve made our big announcement. 

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  I hear you on being hungry all the time I literally ate from lunch until dinner yesterday almost without stop. 

I’ve started getting my first twinges of round ligament pain only if I stand up or move suddenly and only my right side. 

Post # 498
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  Still here, the FB group is easier for me. Can’t wait for you all to join!  

I have my NT scan set for this Thursday at 930am with a normal OB visit at 11:45.  I can’t wait to see my little one, I only had a dating U/S at 6w2d so I’m really anxious to just see him/her again!

We are announcing Thursday night.

Post # 499
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Still here and doing reasonable well, like BellaDee said it’s much easier to keep up with the Facebook group! Hope to see everyone there soon. 

Our first appointment and U/S went perfectly; the next is scheduled for March 12th at 13 weeks. I had some serious issues with MS last week that almost landed me in the ER for dehydration, but my midwife prescribed Zofran and I’m feeling better.

Post # 500
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I’m doing pretty well… Also have been on fb more than here. My nt scan is Thursday afternoon and I’m nervous! hopung everything goes well. I am feeling pretty good, just so tired. Like… A 2 hour nap after work tired, hungry and zitty (yuck). 

Post # 501
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @yougotme:  Mmm naps.  I went skiing with friends this weekend and I napped after the three hour drive there, napped on the ride home the next day and then slept ten hours.  I am considering going to bed at nine tonight, I am still so wiped out.  

Post # 502
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I might break down and join the Facebook group. Someone can message me to let me in? And it is private, right?

So… during my last ultrasound the doctor said there is a 90% chance that it is a girl! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I was surprised to have found out so early, but when I talked to my SIL she said it was pretty normal – apparently they can have a good idea after about 12 weeks or so, but because it isn’t totally certain and therefore not approved in all groups of obgyns that they ususally keep quite for a couple more weeks until they know 100%. 

…but most likely it is a girl! I’m super excited πŸ™‚ Does anyone else know, or know when they will know? 

Post # 503
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

@FruitBasket:  I’ve heard that too! I think they use the nub theory? It’s not a wives tale but apparently some “science”.  so cool you most likely know already!  

Hoping they hey get a good shot this Thursday so I can have a guess. Although I’m fine either way! 

Send me your email that you use to login facebook and I will send you the FB group invite. It’s totally private and unsearchable. There’s 21 of us on there now. We chat all the time!

Post # 504
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I feel bad that the Facebook group takes away from this thread, but at the same time it is much more private and strangers aren’t reading about your business. It is also much easier for me to keep up with. I hope everyone can join there at least eventually, I feel like we miss out on awesome opinions. 

Things are going okay here. I’m 12+1 dealt with a lot of nausea last week, not sure when it is safe to stop taking my diclegis. I dealt with a lot of cramping/stretching pains yesterday that made it hard to move and I ended up staying home from work. I have slowly been telling more and more people as I am feeling much more comfortable. Its nice to have everyone know why I’ve been so sick, etc and everyone has been super excited. 

Post # 505
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Hey ladies! I am also not quite ready to join the Facebook group, but hopefully eventually I will. I have my next appointment on Friday morning! I should be about 13 weeks! My nausea has started to get better. I actually didn’t take my medicine all weekend and was doing great (it was also kind of worrisome for me… That was the only thing letting me know baby was ok!) but Sunday morning I threw up again! It was oddly comforting. 

I haven’t started showing yet, and I don’t have to use my bellaband yet, but I definitely see a difference in my waist/stomach. It just looks… Thicker. Not super attractive haha. I am kind of hoping I show a little later, because I don’t want to announce it to the world for awhile! I’m hoping we can wait until after we find out the gender. 

I hope we get a good shot on Friday at our ultrasound, so I can use nub theory to guess! I am so excited!! 

Post # 506
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @NinjaDuck:  I know anyone on the internet can read this thread, but I haven’t posted any identifying info. I have a question about the Facebook group. I’m assuming that group members would see my real name and all my pictures and anything I’ve put on Facebook? Do group members show up as friends or are they separate from my regular Facebook friends?

I keep my friends list very limited, under 60 people and it would be noticeable if I suddenly had 15 new friends from all over the world.

Post # 507
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  you do not become Facebook friends with anyone in the group.  that’s why I ask for the email associated with your Facebook because I add you as a member (which doesn’t show up anywhere, it’s a private page) which in turn sends a notification for you to join. and you will just click accep or join and you’re in.  You can see our first and last names, and depending on how open your profile settings are will determine what people will see who are group members. 

If you feel uncomfortable joining then don’t , no forcing here! It’s literally just a better way to communicate and it’s efficient and more fun in my opinion. There are 21 of us and not one has been “found out” by people on fb because it’s secretive. It literally says “secret group” you couldn’t find it if you tried! 

I personally didn’t and don’t see joining the fb group as jinxing anything but everyone has there reasonS. I think it’s just an alternative way to talk, no different than WBee it’s just easy. if you’re unhappy you can unjoin as well. 

We hope to have some of you join soon though! Lots of picture sharing and discussions.  

Post # 508
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I am part of the facebook group and I really enjoy it. While I still enjoy the bee, the facebook group just seems more personal. Like I am talking with a group of my girlfriends. They are supportive and honest and a great group of girls. I tend to find myself on there more than I do here.

Post # 509
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

All of the other mama boards are so much more active πŸ™ where are you guys? 

I went for my 13 week appointment today. The doc did a handheld ultrasound, so we got to see our little one. I drank a little bit of coke before the appointment so I could see the baby move, and boy did they ever! He/she did a 180 flip while we were watching! And it kicked at the pressure of the little stick they were using haha. It made him/her jump. I think it frightened the nugget! We scheduled our anatomy scan for 18 weeks. I don’t want to wait any longer!! There is a place in town where you can pay $94 to find out as early as 15 weeks… what would you guys do!? I have to pay for our anatomy scan anyways (probably between 150-200) so I’m not sure if I should spend the extra money. But I want to knowwww!!!!! 

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors