September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?
    Family - Already have! : (21 votes)
    16 %
    Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (27 votes)
    21 %
    Family - After the first trimester! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Friends - Already have! : (9 votes)
    7 %
    Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Friends - After the first trimester! : (41 votes)
    32 %
    Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 511
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@FMM:  I guess I may need to join the group. Can you PM me the link? I am kind of glad we didn’t do a full ultrasound today since I have to pay each time, and the little handheld one he did was cool. I at least got to see that he is alive and well! And didn’t have to pay! Haha maybe I will wait until 18 weeks. The place where you can find out at 15 weeks has a guarantee that you can come back as many times as it takea to find out the gender, if they can’t determine it the first time you pay. So I’m still thinking about it. They have a 100% success rate. So many decisions! 

Maybe you can ask your doc if they have a handheld ultrasound thing they can use? I didn’t even know they existed! 

Post # 513
    4431 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@Ms.Pink:  we are getting a sneak peak ultrasound on March 25th I’ll be about 16 wks.  If they can’t see 100% ill wait out until my 20wk. I’ve heard after 14 weeks its 96% (if your dating isright ).  My anatomy is set up for April 24th!

if you still want to join the Facebook board message me your email that you would use for Facebook (it sends a private invite) ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 514
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee

@BellaDee:  thanks!! I’ll PM you! 

Post # 515
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee

@FMM:  hehe, I try to catch myself but I am always referring to it as “he”… I am like 100% convinced it is a boy! With no logical explanation! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 516
    1843 posts
    Buzzing bee

@FMM:  What there is a facebook group?! how did I miss that?! send me a link please~ also I am no longer a sept 10, now I am a sept 3rd.. just incase anyone ever decides to update the list. 

Post # 518
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee

@globalmargaret:  wow! Was baby measuring ahead at the ultrasound or something? 

Post # 519
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

BellaDee:  I sent you a PM to join the FB group. I did this all last night (or so I thought) but it appears that whatever happened last night didn’t actually happen?? lol<br /><br />I am not a fan of this new bee… I couldn’t even log on for the longest time. It turned out I had to set a new password – apparently the site forgot my old one? And then everything I posted last night has disappeared… Sigh.

Post # 520
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’m a little late to this thread but I’m excited to join and follow along with my September Mamas! I’m 14 weeks today! 

Roll Call!  Due Date: September 5th  

Cycles trying (if applicable): 2

Symptoms so far: fatigue, food aversions (don’t want to eat anything ) lost 10pounds already but dr. says it’s ok bc I am plus sized. (but still makes me worry)  

First doctors appointment: My 1st was Jan. 13th, My 2nd was Feb 10th and my next one is scheduled for March 12th. We had our 1st ultrasound on Feb. 5th!!!   

Most excited for: Finding out what we are having! We can’t wait to know bc this is our 1st.  Also being parents. I am a teacher and I can’t wait to have a child of our own to experience the joys of being a mommy. 

Most nervous about: Miscarriage but I’m trying to be calm now that the 1st trimester is over. That there would be any complications with the baby. Also I’m nervous about being plus-sized and pregnant with not gaining too much weight. Oh and delivery hoping for a healthy one.  

Do you plan to find out the gender?: For sure! Id like to plan ahead. Both sets of grandparents think it’s odd we want to find out and not be surprised but we just cant wait to know!   

Hoping for a:  a healthy baby but I keep calling the baby a boy and I “feel” like it’s a boy. No reason why but thats just what my brain keeps thinking. My husband on the other hand thinks girl. But either way it’s going to be great bc it’s our 1st child.  

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: Hoagies. I love deli meats.  

Possible names: BOY: Stephen Joseph the III but we’d call him S.J. (my husband is a jr. and really wants a 3rd) GIRL: Harper, Grace, Emaleigh, Payton (wide variety ha ha)  

Just for fun, what color schemes are you thinking for a nursery? BOY: light blue & gray/white chevron GIRL: pink and gray/white chevron. (I keep picturing cute elephants as well for either boy or girl)  

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  WCUkisses.
    Post # 521
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

WCUkisses:  Congrats and welcome!!

Post # 522
    4431 posts
    Honey bee

You all may notice how quiet it is here now….just an FYI if you would like to continue discussions with just about 30 of us girls….PM me your e-mail associated with your FB account and I will send you an invite.  You may need to check your email as sometimes facebook isn’t sending the invite notifications.  

Again it’s a totally secret board, no one will see it and you cannot send someone a link, you must be a member.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 523
    339 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

BellaDee:  Hey there! I think I want to join the September mamas FB group. I’m technically due mid October and am pretty active with the October mamas, but because I’m expecting twins, I most likely will pop in September, not October. Just would like to share the journey with as many wonderful women as possible. Should I send you a PM?

Post # 524
    4431 posts
    Honey bee

lovelyrose:  yes! With your email for fb.  Thanks :):)

Post # 525
    339 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

BellaDee:  I tried PMing you and got an error each time – new site won’t let me send messages! Grrrr!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors