(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 47
    361 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @Jilliebean1: I’m sorry to hear about your previous pregnancy. I’m worried about that myself.   I feel like I’m more worried since I have to wait. I’m afraid something is wrong and I won’t know until I’m 8 weeks… I don’t know why I’m so paranoid. Anyways… Good luck at your ultrasound next week! Can’t wait for an update. 

Post # 48
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  So the other people in the group won’t show up as friends or anything? And they can’t post to my wall? I’m pretty private so just making sure. I’m a little weird about using my real name too and half expect that someone else in the group will be someone I know!

Post # 49
    1408 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  correct. Unless you actually add members as Facebook friends, they cant post on your wall, etc.  

Post # 50
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  if you’re that worried about it you don’t have to join just for piece of mind ! If there was a way for people to see id be receiving phone calls by now haha.  I don’t have to add to. I invite you via email. Unless someone sees your email then it would be 100% PRIVATE

Post # 51
    73 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @IUrebekah3RT:  Oh the boobs are going to be my down fall. I had a couple of “loose” self bras but they are starting to feel tight. They hurt so badly at night I can’t sleep on my side or stomach right now.

Post # 52
    5473 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

I just bought DD a convertible car seat since 1-she is only 3 lbs from the upper limit anyway, and 2-I’m obviously going to need our infant car seat in the fall.

Luckily, we already have the forward facing seat that transitions to a booster, so by the time this baby is ready for a convertible car seat DD will be over 2 years and ready to forward face.

Sheesh.  This is going to be CRAY-ZAY.

Post # 53
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  Oooh, it’s nice that you’ll be able to reuse stuff from your DD for the new baby! It’d be so interesting to compare the cost of first vs second baby in cases like this.

View original reply
    @yougotme: My doctor waits until 8 weeks for the first ultrasound, which I think is good because it’s a much better chance of seeing what you want to see. But oh man, it’s going to be a long wait until then!

AFM, I’m still feeling nervous at this early stage, but after getting some good advice from terpalum on another thread, I’ve just decided to try and enjoy this each day. As she said, I’m pregnant now, and that’s something to celebrate. With that in mind, DH and I are going to tell our parents this weekend. Unfortunately, his parents live out of town in another state, so in order to try to be fair and tell them all at the same time, we’re going to text them an announcement picture. Then we’ll call them/go see my parents who are here in town. I’m a bit nervous they won’t be able to keep it a secret, but both of us want to be able to talk about this with our parents, so we’ll give it a shot.

Post # 54
    614 posts
    Busy bee

Also – Too Much Information ALERT – I keep randomly getting vomit burps. I don’t have any real pain in my chest/esophagus or anything. Just every now and then, when I burp, I get a surprise bit of vom. Is this heartburn? It’s so gross.

Post # 55
    5473 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Verps.  It’s what I call a vom-burp.  It’s reflux more than likely, it does come and go, and it is very common.  If you do get any burning or anything, tums are safe to take 🙂  

Oh, and just in case it comes up, the phrase “I sneed!” really means I just peed a little when I sneezed.  Oh, the things in store for us hahah!

Post # 56
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  at least I have company in the 8 week club, haha. When is your appt? As for the vomit burps- yup. I’ve had a few of those. Plus heartburn pretty frequently. 

Post # 57
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  oh good God, I hope that I don’t need to use “sneed” for a long while yet!

View original reply
    @yougotme:  Not until February 18th – over a month away! How about you?

Post # 58
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  Lol! I had plenty of VERPS pre-pregnancy, and acid reflux was bad last week.  This week I’m ok, it’s hit or miss. 

I have no real symptoms except last night we had pretty rough sex and I bled a little of bright red blood. Woops! 😉

My 1st ultrasound is now on Monday at 10am!!! I’m so excited..hoping everything is good.

I’m exactly 6 weeks today.

Post # 59
    361 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Jan 30th. I scheduled it on jan 2- so… I’m more than half way through the wait but it still seems so far away!

Post # 60
    5473 posts
    Bee Keeper

YOU GUISE! Is it odd that I’m actually really excited about labor & delivery?  I had such a wonderful experience the first time that it’s almost like a marathon- I want to improve upon my already-decent plan, beat my time, etc.  Sooooo odd.

Post # 61
    614 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @yougotme:  Ugh, I totally hear you. That’s less than two weeks out now, though! To help me pass the time, I’m obsessively reading different versions of “what your baby looks like this week” (you know, from different websites, What to Expect, and so on), and imagining baby in there developing whatever thing they’re supposed to be developing now. From what I can tell, my LO is the size of a poppy seed right now – hmm, now I kind of want a poppy seed muffin.

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors