(Closed) September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?

Family - Already have!

Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Family - After the first trimester!

Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

Friends - Already have!

Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat!

Friends - After the first trimester!

Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms)

• Post # 62
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  I want to hear your POSITIVE birth story!!!!! I always read the negative ones. Lol. Inspiration please!!!  what was your birth plan

Post # 63
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  this woman had a package of blueberries on her desk at my job today and today is when my “what to expect” app said my 6 week embryo is a blueberry. So weird !!!!!

Post # 64
    664 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

MS is in full swing on me right now.  The only time I feel better is when I am eating and the 5 min after I eat. But then it comes back, and then I am just full and neausous.  

The one STRANGE thing that has help- Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies. I had 4 for breakfast this morning because it was the only thing I could stomach.

And I just need to whine for a second, none of my clothes looked good.  It is only week 7, but getting dressed was SO hard.  I feel like a fat blob.  Maybe I shouldn’t be eating Oreos…

Post # 65
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @amandasf:  The pamphlets my Drs office gave me yesterday say cinnamon is amazing for morning sickness.  Cinnamon graham crackers was one of the things on the list.  I can’t remember them all but I’ll post it later!  Also I heard motion sickness accupunture bracelets that you wear on cruises can help curb it too, for less severe cases.

Post # 68
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  Ahhh! I love your story and the pictures! So amazing. I love what you had written down, or someone wrote for you…those are great and I’ll probably need them.

The only thing that scares me is the pain during labor, because I get REALLY bad cramps..I mean so bad that sometimes I feel faint or sweaty during my period…and I can’t imagine labor pains! I’d probably need pain medication to be able to actually breathe through them.

Post # 69
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @FMM:  It says .25 inches long and i’m in my 7th week! 6w0d..I don’t know! I’d rather go with blueberry than orange seed!

Post # 70
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  ain’t no shame in some pain meds during labor! I’m hoping I’ll be able to get through without them, but I will totally make use of them if it becomes unbearable. I know it’s probably a different kind of pain, but when I had appendicitis a few years ago, I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. When they finally got me some meds, it was smooth sailing. At the time, it was seriously the best thing EVAR!

Off to read 

View original reply
    @DaneLady:‘s birth story!

Post # 71
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  wow, no wonder you are so excited to do it again. Beautiful story! And I love those affirmations!

Edit: and beautiful baby!

Post # 72
    5473 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  Thanks.  The pain was very, very different.  It had a purpose, I guess?  Like, every contraction was temporary, and when it was over, I was never going to have that contraction ever again.  Every one was one step closer to meeting my baby.  I am not doing a good job describing it, it was very surreal, but I definitely just let go and trusted my body to do exactly what it was supposed to do.  I was able to relax my mind enough to let my body release the pain, if that makes ANNNNY kind of sense at all.

View original reply
    @IAmTheShadow:  Thanks 🙂  I definitely want to have the same team this time.  I had more people than I think is normal, but I was so completely and totally surrounded by love, support, and encouragement.  I could FEEL it.  I knew everything was exactly as it should be.  I had a lot of trust, and that was more important than anything.

Oh, and I did write my positive birth affirmations in the weeks leading up to the birth.  Each time I wrote one, I believed it a little bit more.  Every time I read them, I believed them a little bit more.  Every time my husband recited one to me, I absolutely believed it with my heart.  They were extremely helpful.

Post # 73
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I’m 7 weeks today and my symptoms are gone. No nausea, no boob pain, no weird tretching feelings in my abdomen. Dr. Google tells me it’s totally normal to have symptoms come and go but I’m still not a fan. 

Post # 74
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  Atleast you HAD symptoms…I barely have any besides cramping and pulling!  No dizziness anymore, no acid reflux, anxiety is low (at the moment) and I just feel normal.

But I got a + at the doctor yesterday, so definitely am still preggo lol.

Post # 75
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Officially have my first ultrasound set for Jan 28th! Just over a week away and I am so excited. Although I almost freaked out and didn’t schedule it cause I remembered that one of my friends moms works for the answering service for the hospital and I wasn’t sure if she would possibly answer my call…I am waiting until after seeing a heartbeat before telling any of our friends, and as she is one of my best, I will be telling her soon, just not quite ready yet! Luckily the woman wasn’t her mom, phew! Now I am just hoping she doesn’t stumble on my record before I tell my friend.

View original reply
    @PatientBee:  I understand the concern, but I cherish every moment where my syptoms aren’t as bad. I have just been feeling so terrible lately its nice to have a break and feel like I can function again. I would kind of love if my syptoms disappeared for a little while at 7 weeks.

Post # 76
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @DaneLady:  thank you for sharing your story, it’s perfect! I LOVE the idea of affirmations.

The topic ‘September 2014 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors