(Closed) September 2014 Mommas! The babies are coming!!!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

BellaDee:  Yup.  I saw a cardiologist and wore the holter monitor and basically was told it’s common in pregnancy and the most important thing is to breathe through it and not have it turn into an anxiety attack.  It happens every morning between 9 and 10 and some other random times.

Post # 18
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

BellaDee:  I’ve had heart palpitations a couple times, they seem to come in waves (get them a bunch for a day or two…then none for a while). They are annoying and I mentioned them to my doctor, who said it wad probably normal, but he would send me to a cardiologist if it got worse. I don’t worry about them too much though, I’m used to them from panic attacks and I seem to get them less during pregnancy than pre pregnancy. 

Post # 19
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

DaneLady:  So I remember that you have great danes, or maybe it’s just obvious from your username haha, but I’m due in two weeks and getting nervous about bringing the baby home to my mastiff (female, 15 months). I think danes and EMs have similar personalities and are similarly enormous…so any recommendations for what worked for you? Our plan is:

Have Charlotte (dog) brought home to our house before we get there. Have me greet her first in the yard without the baby so she can say hi, because I won’t have seen her for a couple of days (my husband will have), then have my husband bring the baby to meet her and allow her to sniff and be curious as much as she wants as long as she doesn’t show any interest in being rough (not likely, she’s really gentle usually). We’ll also do the blanket from the hopsital in advance so Charlotte can get used to the baby’s smell.

After that, we’ll play it by ear but my primary rules will be not to exclude Charlotte from being around us when we’re with the baby and to make sure she never associates the baby with “bad dog” or anything like that, and that she gets plenty of love and attention when the baby is around.

I think your dogs reacted well, right? Anything you think helped with that? 

Sorry to threadjack ladies!

Post # 20
5474 posts
Bee Keeper

kate02121:  We actually did basically the same thing you’re planning to do!  DH brought home a few receiving blankets for the dogs to sniff while Dear Daughter & I were still in the hospital.  He said they were exactly 0% interested in them at the time haha.  

When we got home, Darling Husband brought out each dog individually into the front yard on a leash (the front is neutral, they don’t eat/play/poop/anything in the front yard) and allowed them to say hi to me and check out the munchkin, then they went into our back yard to play.  After all three dogs had met the baby and were in the back yard, we went into the house and got settled, then let the dogs in.

We have only had a few issues once Dear Daughter has been walking around, making lots of high pitched squeals, and feeling EXTRA cuddly with the dogs.  They’ve never reacted badly to her, but we do try to limit how much ‘love’ she gives them so they don’t wear thin in patience.

Post # 21
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

kate02121:  DaneLady:  I like this! It’s good to think about. I have two dogs, both medium sized. My old man wont be an issue, he is incredibly gentle in everything he does (only issue is he might be needy of MY attention, which might be hard). However, my little beagle mix is a ball of energy who aggressively sniffs everything. My husband isn’t nervous, but I could see me getting nervous about him sniffing the baby aggressively when they first meet (I’m hoping the blanket ahead of time will help). I don’t want any nervous energy around them though, I might have to have my husband and mom do the introductions without me. Once he gets his fair share of scent Im not worried about his interactions, just him adjusting to but being the baby of the family. I stocked up on new toys that I’m saving for once the baby comes home, like a gift from the baby type idea.

Post # 22
3081 posts
Sugar bee

DaneLady:  NinjaDuck:  Thanks ladies!  I really do think it will be fine but of course I worry about her. NinjaDuck:  We’re doing the same thing with stocking up on special new toys and bully sticks, kind of like you do with a toddler when a newborn is coming home 🙂 

Post # 23
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Baby Name(s): It still feels like our list is growing rather than shrinking! Front runners are: Virginia (nickname would be Ginsie), Maren, and Harper. This is subject to change based on which way the wind is blowing.

How are you feeling? (List symptoms): My only real complaint is that I’m starting to feel squished! Definitely ready for this girl to drop so I don’t feel her in my ribs all the time! Other than that, I’ve been super lucky and feeling pretty darn good throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Still running 4 days a week and going to the gym when I can! Of course, everyone says that my tradeoff for an easy pregnancy will be a tough baby! 

Gestation/Due Date: Sept 21. My husband and I (both first babies) were both born early, as were our siblings, so who knows! 

Anything new?: Just the squished feeling! I can still breathe okay, sitting isn’t my favorite right now though. 

What have you accomplished, or have yet to accomplish? We still have our breastfeeding class, a comfort measures class (hoping for a natural birth), pack our hospital bag, install the car seat base, and I’d like to cook some freezer meals. Our big goal is to have all of this done by 36 weeks! 

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you? I’m weirdly not super nervous about the birth, just the whole “being a mom” thing! It’s still crazy to think that I have a tiny human inside of me that we will be in charge of very soon!

Post # 25
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

August mommy checking in to follow! I was due August 6th and had my surprise birth early on July 11; I was the first August mommy to give birth! Both me and baby were/are happy & healthy!Our group ended up having 6 babies in July, so I’m sure a few of you will have August babies!! Too exciting! (I was a September baby myself, obviously the best month! 😉 Good luck mamas!

Post # 26
2814 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

..A bit late, but joining in!

Baby Name(s): No clue. We didn’t find out the sex, and have a list of girl and boy names but cannot agree on anything. I have no idea if this kid will have  a name!

How are you feeling? (List symptoms): Feeling alright. I have hydronephrosis again with this pregnancy, but as of the last few weeks, the pain seems to be pretty managable. Otherwise I just have horrendous hearthburn, mildly achy hips, sore feet, and I am really, really slow moving. lol

Gestation/Due Date: 36 weeks today! Due Sept 23.

Anything new?: It’s my last week at work, so I am really happy about that. Darling Husband was nesting over the weekend and we actually got the crib together, and Dear Daughter moved into her new room. That went VERY well (thank goodness!)

What have you accomplished, or have yet to accomplish? Since our original plan was to NOT set up the nursery until after baby arrived, and just room him/her in our bedroom, I didn’t have the nursery set up. Now Darling Husband has gone through a nesting fit (as mentioned above) and I am now in the middle of setting up a nursery last minute. lol For somone who needs to plan decor in fine detail, this is a lot to handle with such little time left!<br />Everything else is ready to go though!

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you? maybe a 6? I am not nervous about the birth much.. mostly concerned with the “unknowns” of when I will have this baby. I’m worried about Dear Daughter…as I really would perfer my inlaws to come stay with her at our house, but they live an hour away, and if I go into  labour in the middle of the night, I am stuck with taking her to my mom’s house..which isn’t ideal, but that is what has to happen.<br />I’m also worried about how quick the labour will be. I was only 6-7 hours with Dear Daughter.

And finally, I worry about how Dear Daughter will take to having a baby in the house & how I am going to manage 2 kids! I know I will find a method to do so, but it still has be concerned…

<br /><br />

Post # 27
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

It has been a while since I’ve posted but I’ve been lurking and excited for our babies to be showing up.

Baby name(s): We have both a boy’s name and girl’s name picked out. We try saying them out loud to get used to each one. Can’t wait to find out which baby is in my belly!

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. Tired and hips and pelvis have been more sore since baby dropped four days ago. I’ve been having BH contractions for months but they have been intensifying.

Due date: September 2nd. So due in less than a week!!!

Anything new?: I’m finally feeling ready at home and at work for the baby to arrive. So getting more and more excited. Having trouble sleeping due to discomfort. I never knew I’d be flipping back and forth so much!

What have you accomplished?: The nursery is ready, all the prep at work for taking leave has been done. I still want to fill out some more details in our baby book and also will need to deal with all the fresh veggies we are getting in. I have 10 pounds of tomatoes to turn into sauce tonight!

On a scale of 1- 10 how nervous are you? I’d say as 6. I’m trying to stay cool but getting excited and hoping that I’ll be as bad as a during labor as I think I can be. We’re planning for a natural birth but are flexible if things don’t go according to plan.

Good luck, ladies!!! Can’t wait to see more announcements!

Post # 29
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We had another little one born last night! Mom and baby are both doing well so that makes 3 healthy babies so far! I’m being induced tonight so it won’t be long until baby #4 gets here. There a couple c sections scheduled for next week and a few other mommas that are getting pretty close. Look out world! Here come the September babies!

The topic ‘September 2014 Mommas! The babies are coming!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors