(Closed) September 2014 Weddings- anyone losing weight/ toning up?

posted 6 years ago in September 2014
Post # 17
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Im Technically in August (8/30/14) But I just started the Ideal Protein Diet today! It is a Low Carb/Fat High Protein diet. I have heard others have had excellent results so I will see and keep ya’ll posted!

Post # 18
164 posts
Blushing bee

@bridebee13 I’m the same height and weight as you, and have the same goal! I have cut carbs, and plan on weight training/working out more. It takes me forever to lose weight (I find my body wants to stay around 126-128) so I’m OK with slow progess, which is why I’m starting down. My bachelorette party is in June in Las Vegas, so that and the honeymoon gives me lots of motivation!

Post # 19
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@rubexcube:  that’s awesome of him! How is it going? PCOS can be crazy To manage, weightwise.

Post # 20
80 posts
Worker bee

@Bridebee13:  i want to tone up! i am lucky that i don’t have to lose weight, but i want to look toned and not just skinny plus i like being strong… we are going to hawaii too!.. where are you going?! 

Post # 21
89 posts
Worker bee

@BobKat147:  how did you loose the weight? My goal is to loose 40lbs at least 25 by May that’s when I’m taking engagement pictures. I want to feel comfortable and sexy 

Post # 24
106 posts
Blushing bee

I’m not a big fan of using pounds as an indicator (we all know muscle weighs more than fat!) but I definitely want to tone up and thin out a bit… secretly I wouldn’t mind dropping a size (alterations what!?) and who can resist the urge to have firmer arms in a wedding dress? Haha.

I’m already a pretty healthy eater and work out somewhat regularly (3-5 times a week), although by no means am I ready to step out in a bikini (honeymoon!). Anyone have any jump start tips that motivated them and saw results? I’m slightly worried about a plateau… especially since I want to remain happy and not get too caught up in dieting. Me dieting = hangry.

Post # 25
80 posts
Worker bee

@Bridebee13:  between maui and kauai right now, i have been to hawaii twice (maui once) so Fiance wants me to explore a new island which would be kauai; where are you staying on maui? maui is significantly less expensive than kauai which makes it really appealing!!

Post # 28
84 posts
Worker bee

@MechEBee:  Same here! I am about 143lbs, I would like to be 125-130.

I have been exercising and hope to do a couple 5k this summer, before our wedding on September 20th. I have been picking up the pace on going to the gym but I am SUPER struggling with eating healthy, curbing my cravings and NOT GOING FOR SECONDS!!

I am startng to stress because my dress will be in at the end of March… and I want to like myself in it. Any tips for eating healthier/eating less?

Post # 29
1156 posts
Bumble bee

@Bebedreamr:  My main tip is calorie counting. You don’t have to be religious about it. But just knowing how many calories you are actually eating is an eye opener. Knowing that I only need ~1600-1700 a day, and realizing how many I was eating (close to 2000) explained why I was struggeling. Just cutting out an extra 300-400 calories a day made the weight come off soooo much faster.

Also, it takes me ~30 min on the treadmill to burn 400 calories. So when I look at seconds and sweets and anything I know I don’t NEED, I make a concious decision to eat it or not eat it knowing that I’d have to make up for it with cardio. (Most of the time, a doughnut at 8am isn’t worth the half an hour I spent running at 5am). It’s mostly mental for me.

My other tip for weight loss is weight lifting. If you are just going to the gym and jogging the same speed every day, your body gets used to it and you’ll hit plateaus. Mixing it up speeds up your metabolism. I highly recommend interval training. I litterally lost weight twice as fast when I alternated lifting days with cardio days and didn’t change my diet. Even just doing intervals on a treadmil would be better than jogging the same speed. I am a super slow jogger. So when I get on a treadmill for interval, I’ll start with walking, get up to 12 min miles, 10 min miles, then as fast as I can sustain for ~1-2 min. Then slow back to walking to catch my breath, and do it again.

Sorry for the novel, but that is what works for me. I know every one is different, but I’ve been at it for a few years now and I know that works for me. Good luck with your dress! I’m sure you’ll look great ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 30
8 posts
Newbee

I’m normally around 132 lbs (5’7) but after a month and a half of inactivity during the holidays and eating way too much food, I’ve gained about 5 lbs and definitely feel squishier and more out of shape than usual.

My goal is to be around 125-130 lbs but mostly I just want to be more toned. So I’m trying to reduce the amount of carbs I’m eating and I’ve been trying to force myself to walk to work more often instead of taking the subway. I also bought weights but haven’t started using them yet.

Post # 31
176 posts
Blushing bee

@Bridebee13:  Me! Just moved the wedding up to September from December when we got a call a few weeks ago about a new opening at our church. 

I want to lose 15 pounds of fat (mainly in my midsection) & gain 5 lbs of muscle/tone up – especially my arms and whatever the spots where the armpit and back fat come in ha.

I am counting calories on everydayhealth.com which is uber helpful. Similar to @MechEBee the website showed me I should only eat 1600 to stay at the same weight. I was floored. I knew I was eating too much junk but I figured I should have been eating 1800-2000, was probably eating closer to 3000 lately (stress & boredom at work & the “fuck it” principle — if I start to eat bad, I say fuck it & eat whatever junk I want all day.. or week.. etc). Started doing zumba youtube videos, been doing squats.. hopefully will add in more stuff soon.

I’m on day 4 so hopefully it sticks… :-/ 

The topic ‘September 2014 Weddings- anyone losing weight/ toning up?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors