(Closed) September 2015 bee's – it's our month!

posted 5 years ago in September 2015
Post # 2
617 posts
Busy bee

Yes it is – so crazy, I can’t believe our days are so close! My wedding is the 19th, so 18 days left.  I’m feeling a bit frazzled because I have had a lot going on lately and haven’t gotten much accomplished.  There are still quite a few details to take care of so I am a little nervous about getting everything done.  But I am also super excited that I get to marry Fiance so soon, I also can’t wait!!  Definitely competing emotions haha.  My list for the next few days:

-Dress fitting tonight – hopefully my last one!

-DJ meeting tomorrow – so nailing down song choices tonight

-Videography meeting next week

-Second hair trial soon, to make a slight change from the first trial

-Tanning about every other day (bad I know, but I need some tan for the day and our honeymoon!)

-Finalize our ceremony program and get them printed

I have Friday off, so with Labor Day I have a 4 day weekend – I’m planning to get a bunch of my to do list taken care of with the time off!

View original reply
emilyjean89:  Where are you at with things? What have you gotten done/have left to do? You’re so close! 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  bridetobe24.
Post # 3
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Historic Chapel

View original reply
emilyjean89:  Yayayayay I’m so excited! I’m getting married on Saturday! I’m having our ceremony at a local chapel , and our reception will be in our backyard. The only thing I have left to do is decorate the chapel on Friday and then we will be decorating our house and backyard on Thursday, Friday, and final details Saturday morning. The thing I’m mostly stressing about is the weather! I’m hoping it doesn’t rain since is outdoors and we didn’t get a tent. I feel super accomplished on the fact that I pulled this wedding all by myself, and all my DIY projects are done in time! I thought I would never finish as everytime I was done I wanted to do something else lol

Post # 4
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m so excited!! I’m getting married on the 12th! I have so much stuff to do its unreal. I’m hoping it doesn’t rain we are having ours outside in a beautiful field owned by FI’s family. 

I still need to:

– Finish programs

– Do my second hair trial (friday)

– Finish my bridesmaid bouquets

– Make caketopper

I have a few other things but I can’t remember them all. lol I have a long list of things I need to finish. It doesn’t help that we have a wedding every weekend we are invited to. lol We have a wedding to go to this Saturday and then Sunday is my bridal shower.

Post # 5
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Country Club

9/19/15! I’m slowly getting all my little tasks done.

Went to Hobby Lobby and AC Moore last weekend and picked up a cake stand, fake flowers for the trellis, cute little signs (pick a seat not a side, Mr&Mrs.) Yesterday I ordered a headpiece for myself, gifts for my in-laws and a cake topper (thank heaven for Etsy). Today I’m working on my game plan for the candy buffet and welcome bags. I picked up lindt chocolate balls for the buffet but need some non-chocolate entries. My man got us our rings and I think he ordered me my wedding earrings. Our hotel for the night of is booked as is the night before (two different hotels)

I just need to work on:

– table arrangements and place cards

– marriage license

– wedding music for the DJ (FI has been avoiding this)

– Ceremony timeline and finalize readings

– Dress fitting is this weekend

– Print our colored doubled sided programs

– Pick 12 images for our guest book for the photographer

All in all I’m really ok with what I have left. I scheduled myself a massage for the day before because by then I know I’ll need it!

Post # 6
2966 posts
Sugar bee

I can’t believe we’re in the home stretch! I feel like it was yesterday that I was complaining because it was over a year away! Now there’s only 25 days Left! 

I still have to:

-confirm set up time for the reception the night before. 

-buy a few cans of coral colortool spray for our centerpieces hydrangeas

-gifts for the mothers 

-decide how to wrap Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen gifts

-confirm pickup and drop off locations and times with the limo 

-start buying and pre-making food for the rehearsal dinner (we are just doing pulled pork and burgers so we will form the patties and freeze them, and make the pulled pork and freeze it.) 

-run the ceremony lineup that I have in the programs by the minister to make sure I’ve got everything in the right order 

-buy another pack of fancy paper for printing 

-buy frame for seating chart

-buy some frames for the cupcake flavour lists for the dessert table. 

Theres probably more. 

Post # 7
665 posts
Busy bee

YAY! Another 9.19 here. I am starting to feel better and crossing things off my list every day!!

I am meeting with the florist and cake baker this evening to finalize. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment to color and trim.

Still need

-Marriage License

-bridal party gifts!

-Favors (chocolate covered oreos- we are doing these the thursday before the wedding)

-Order Alcohol

-Finish my card box

-Work on seating chart

-finish diy table numbers

-have engagement pictures printed for dislpay

Getting butterflies everytime I think about the wedding! I am so excited! 18DAYSSSS!

Post # 9
713 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
emilyjean89:  I hope your forecast for that weekend looks better than mine!  I just looked since I’m 10 days out and its 60% chance of Thunderstorms. I’m on the verge of tears! We have a back up but I really don’t want to use the other place!

Post # 10
462 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe it’s almost here! Sept 26th for us, so we still have a few weeks.

Only a fwe things left to do! Yay!

Will finish favors the weekend before the wedding (Fi’s grandma’s homemade fudge)

Print off place cards

and hope everything fits in our car and mil’s car! lol

Post # 11
253 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Vermont2015:  ours is 9.26 as well. Yay! 

We actually have a ton left to do. We just got engaged but because we want to be married before his next duty station (FI is army) and because my parents cried when we said we’d just go to down to the courthouse, we’re having a 40 person wedding. We’ve got both the venues which was the really hard part, especially since he wanted to be married on the lake with a frigging 25 day notice. Now we’re just wrapping up the small things (there’s just 10000 of them though). I’m super thankful to have a great team helping me out  (mom, grandma, and Maid/Matron of Honor are kicking ass to make this day special for us.)

Post # 12
2966 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
bubblyx:  o.O 25 days!? I had like 21 MONTHS and some days I felt overwhelmed. Goodness 

Post # 13
853 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married on the 13th too! I’ve got most things done, we are going to get our license tomorrow and I need to decide on a little white dress for the reception (I ordered 3 and need to decide then return 2). I need to get a bunch of shirts printed this week and get some really good humidity resistant hairspray. My sister and daughter get here and we are getting our hair and nails done. I’m excited! I can’t wait to see my fh’s face when he cuts into his Miami Dolphins grooms cake to find Seahawks colored cake!!

The topic ‘September 2015 bee's – it's our month!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors