(Closed) September 2015 Brides: Have you started planning!?!

posted 8 years ago in September 2015
Post # 32
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hi there, I just got engaged recently but we’re hoping for a September 2015 wedding 🙂 actually we’re planning two weddings, one in Canada and one in Australia. Just starting to get into the details now and finding a venue and photographer. I already have my dress and lots of ideas so just need to make them all come together! I feel so behind after reading all the comments!!

Post # 33
2417 posts
Buzzing bee

Well my first 2 choices for venues were booked! (The golf club I mentioned I called back in May and they were booked EVERY SATURDAY until late Oct 2015 o.O)

I think we are going with the hotel that FI’s sister had her reception at earlier this month! It was beautiful, and she said all she had to worry about was her dress and centerpieces! Their all inclusive package covers ballroom rental, DJ, decorations, (colour coordinated) linens, 3 course plated dinner, 5 hours of open bar, and a bunch of other stuff!!!! And our date is available!  Right now our guest list is looking to be about 250, but we’re only expecting 150-200 to attend.

We have it narrowed down to two churches that we like, maybe 3.

For our social, I have reached out to a venue that we like, but they haven’t responded to my email yet. (regional thing…)

I bought my dress this past week! It was a sample on sale for $399 cause it was a discontinued style! And it’s perfect!

I have a tentative style picked out for my maids. And I’ve revised my colour palette because Fiance decided to finally chime in with his $0.02 and he hated it.  So instead of my girls wearing gold, emerald, teal, sapphire and plum, we’ve changed to just green and blue tones. Still with each girl in a different shade.

I’m also considering the same photographer that FI’s sister used, I’m just waiting for her to get her photos back to take a gander at them. I’m not super crazy about a couple of the teasers she’s shared, but that was a last minute location addition and you can’t really avoid shadows on a crazy sunny day! 

I’ve had so much on hold because I was a bridesmaid for FI’s sister this month, and then my best friend’s Maid/Matron of Honor in September.  But I suddenly realized, we need to start booking things NOW!

So that’s where I’m at now!

Post # 34
5 posts
Newbee

I got engaged in March this year and started planning right off the bat for my September 2015 wedding. Today makes it EXACTLY a year until I become a Mrs.

I count myself lucky that I have a fiance that is contributing towards the wedding with opinions and ideas. We have accomplished so much together and don’t have too much left to plan. I’m so glad that I had all this time to plan, i feel I would have been overwhelmed if our wedding date was set closer to the beginning of next year.

I’m feeling excited and nervous and… just Wow. I know these 12 months that are left are just going to fly by!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tickled-Pink.
Post # 35
496 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Tickled-Pink: I also got engaged in March and started planning right away!  And our weddings are 1 week apart, mine is September 19th. 🙂 That’s great that your Fiance is helping out so much!

Post # 36
830 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Meggzilla:  Officially less than a year until I’m a Mrs!!!!!! I can’t wait! 

We have quite a bit down.. the main things we need to do are figure out anything about the cake. Figure out Tuxes. And, my old teacher is helping design our invites!

We have the venue, dj, photographer, florist, officiant, decor all picked out.

Engagement pics are next weekend as well as my makeup trial! EEEEK!

Post # 37
34 posts
Newbee

Our date is September 12, 2015 and all we’ve done so far is booked the venue.  I also bought my shoes which was a little premature but I found the perfect ones and just had to get them lol.  I feel like I’m behind but I also feel like I have a lot of time to sort everything out as the most important thing is the venue!

ETA:  I have an appointment booked at Kleinfeld’s later this month which I’m super excited about!!! 🙂  

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by nik2015.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by nik2015.
Post # 38
1 posts
Wannabee

We got engaged June 2014 and booked our venue 2 weeks later for Sept 2015 wedding. I’m doing a lot of the planning now since winter will be upon us and we’re gonna be too lazy to meet with vendors during the 4 months of snow. I figured it’ll be cutting down a huge portion of the planning and next thing you know it’s spring and the wedding will be creeping up!

Post # 40
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We are getting married August 8, 2015!

So far we have:

– venue (best friend’s parents house)

– food (fiance’s mom is cooking and her friends are serving)

– dress (deposit and almost 50% paid off!)

– flowers picked out (going to pike place to pick bouqueta a couple days before)

– Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked out (navy with white converse)

– photographer

– basic decor

we need to figure out a DJ, rent our tables and chairs, rent lighting for the ceremony/reception space, and pick a gift for the people that own the house. Also, we need a videographer. 

Post # 41
737 posts
Busy bee

Getting married September 13 and so far:

Ordered a dress

booked a reception venue

got an officiant

Got a florist

got a photographer

sent out save the dates

started making the invitations

got a cake plate and topper and found a bakery

decided on a menu and got a friend to promise to deal with it on the wedding day (lowcountry boil)

got some cute hairpins…

Thats it! i know I have tons to do- what about you? What am i forgetting?

The topic ‘September 2015 Brides: Have you started planning!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors