(Closed) September 2015 brides what's your progress

posted 5 years ago in September 2015
Post # 2
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
Chaedra:  Hi wedding month twin! Save the dates went out last week! We have paid off our limo and wedding cake. I’ve booked the hair and makeup, hotel block and have had one fitting for my wedding dress! My girls have ordered their dresses;however, one of my bridesmaids dropped out last week. An unexpected event, but better off in the long run. We are hoping to pay off the florist and photographer soon. We want to have the least amount of wedding bills over the summer and into September. 

What are your colors/theme? What about your dress??

Post # 3
47 posts
Newbee

We booked our venue, photographer, and DJ/photo booth. We sent out save the dates 2 months ago. I have my dress and accessories and picked out dresses for the girls (although not everyone has ordered). We blocked our hotel rooms. 

we still need to decide on florist, rehearsal dinner location, transportation, invitation, officiant, and tuxes. 

Post # 5
7077 posts
Busy Beekeeper

We’ve done room blocks, save-the-dates sent, booked our rooms for the week, I have my dress (and lost the weight to fit into it), bridesmaids dresses ordered, florist hired, photographer hired, main courses picked out, invitations waiting to be assembled and sent (in May – small domestic destination wedding)… I’m sure other things I don’t have listed. Right now, I’m on my FI’s case about suits/tuxes and the speaker situation for music. I need to order decor and assemble the welcome bags (which have been lying in our bedroom for months). We’re also in the midst of picking out wedding bands. Fiance is pretty confident in what he wants, and I have yet to find the one.

Post # 6
7077 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I still need accessories and shoes too, but that could very well be a last-minute purchase.

Post # 8
7077 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
Chaedra:  I really haven’t felt busy with planning yet… It’s just less to plan on a budget and having a more intimate wedding. It’s how we wanted it, though. We’re so busy, a regular wedding would be the end of us!

Post # 9
1440 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Chaedra:  We have booked our venue, wedding planner, photographer, florist, band, makeup artist, hair dresser, rehearsal dinner, and stationary store. We’ve blocked hotel rooms. Engagement pictures taken in December. Save the dates went out two weeks ago. Website made. We have appointments set up for food tasting and signature cocktails, and still need to book lighting, transportation, cake, and our rooms for the weekend. I’ve got to be forgetting something! 

I bought my dress and veil (coming in May) and still need all accessories/shoes, and BMs are shopping in a few weeks.  FI is still figuring out his and the Groomsmen attire, and we need his ring. 

Post # 11
296 posts
Helper bee

Venue, officiant,  flowers, my dress, bridesmaids dresses, hair and makeup, cake, dj, photobooth, uplighting, day of coordinator, photographer, room blocks and our wedding night hotel are all done and paid for! Save the dates went out a while ago and our website is done

Still need to set up for tuxes. I have my shoes picked out, just need to order them. I need to decide on a veil and what jewelry I’ll wear. Food tasting is in two weeks.

Ceremony decor is DIY but I need the weather to be warmer to start. I’ve started my DIY reception decor.

I am DIY-ing my invites and will be starting them next week (I have everything to do them). Favors will be XL homemade cookies and will be made right before the wedding.

I’ve started buying/looking into bridal party gifts. I am undecided if we’ll do welcome bags. 

Our rehersal dinner will be at our house the weekend before the wedding….pizza, salad and beer.

Post # 13
530 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Chaedra:  We have our ceremony venue, reception venue, I booked the hotel for my bridal party to get ready at. We booked our officiant, Photographer, day of coordinator. We sent out our save the dates months ago (a lot of people are travelling from overseas), we did our engagement pictures, we finalized the choices for the bridesmaids dresses, and just need to get two in the store to get measured, then they will all order them. I have my veil, shoes, and my dress is ordered should come in next month. Flowers are booked and decided on style/flower types. Hair and makeup is booked for everyone, cake is also done. I am waiting on a pair of earrings I ordered and see if they will go with my dress. Website has also been made for months. Our invites are ordered and are being shipped to us as we speak. We also booked our entire honeymoon, flights, cruise, everything for our european adventure! 

Big things left to do, find/book DJ (we have one in mind but we want to meet with him first), we need to sort our the limo situation. Favours need to be ordered, centrepiece materials need to be ordered and rentals need to be set up. We need to decide our linens etc… and our menu (this won’t be done till about 3 months from the wedding). The groomsmen and groom need to find their suits, although we know axactly what we want. My bridesmaids are figuring out dates for my bridal shower, and plans for the bachelorette are being put in place. I feel really behind :S

Post # 15
17 posts
Newbee

Hi girls!

Oh this is so much fun..

so far, we have……..

venue, band, my dress (not altered yet, of course), photographer/videographer, officiant, engagement photos, save the dates are pretty much all sent.

bridesmaids dresses have been selected but the girls still need to order them and choose their style.

we met with our officiant for the first time today (first time not on Skype), so that was exciting!

Also, we just picked our invitations but haven’t ordered them yet.

We have met with four florists and are waiting on two more estimates. (I hope they are good)

You girls have so much done already!! After we decide on our florist, I really need to think about hair and makeup. After that, I’ll feel pretty accomplished, haha.

Anyway, congrats to all of you!! 

The topic ‘September 2015 brides what's your progress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors