(Closed) September 2015 brides what's your progress

posted 5 years ago in September 2015
Post # 31
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Country Club

9.19.15 here

So far I’ve got my venue/ceremony spaced booked, photographer, dj, photobooth, cake, florist, dress, bridesmaid dresses ordered, makeup artist/hairstylist, ordered std’s should be here next week, picked out invitations but haven’t ordered them yet.

This week my top three things to check off are 1) call limo companies to check prices, my dj is offering a deal $650/3 hours for H2 Hummer. I don’t know if thats a good deal or not? 2) Book hotel blocks (and reserve shuttle service from hotel to venue) 3) call venue and arrange tasting/walk through now that I have an idea of vendors and stuff (I did one when we booked but had nothing done then)

I find I have to give myself small lists other wise I completely go bonkers. I just started taking topamax again for my migraines so my memory is shot to shit again so thank god for post it notes and my MOH!

Post # 33
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Kristina1213:  For a HUMMER that is a GREAT deal! I just paid $420 gratuity included for a 10 person limo for 2 hours!!!

Chaedra:  So far the things we have done are:

Venue almost paid for, DJ only has one final payment, Photographer only has one final payment. Limo is paid, Dress is paid, recieved, Invitations went back for revisions, STD’s went out last week, almost all decor is bought, Tux is paid, Sash is paid, got my shoes, cake is designed/ cake baker reserved. etc.

It doesn’t look like a lot now that I see it, but I feel like pretty much everything is done.

Post # 34
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

Fun!

Things we have done:

– Reception & Ceremony venues booked

– Hotel blocks booked, and hotel for our wedding night booked

– Registries done

– Save the dates were sent in February (almost every one of our guests will need to travel to get to us)

– Photographer hired and deposit paid

– DJ hired and deposit paid; ceremony musicians confirmed (yay friendly volunteers!)

– Wedding dress purchased

– Wedding favors purchased

– Officiant asked and confirmed

– HONEYMOON BOOKED (YAY!!!)

Still to do:

– Buy gifts for parents and volunteers

– Arrange day-of transportation

– Write ceremony (vows, readings, music, etc.)

– Make & send invitations

– Order flowers (we’re using Sam’s club) and cake

– Schedule hair & makeup trials, and then confirm with whomever we decide to hire

– Schedule rehearsal

– Choose groom’s attire and wedding ring

– Purchase all bridal accessories and do fittings

Post # 36
282 posts
Helper bee

6 months today !!

We initially were planning for a wedding in November 2014, but moved it back to September 2015 as we just weren’t excited for a “winter-ish” wedding. That said we had almost everything done by January. 

What’s left: honeymoon (FI is handling this as a surprise to me, so I’m not sure what’s left to be done), send out invites, get bridal party gifts and parents gifts, put together our playlist (we are having a mix of live music from friends and an iPod) book MUA, hair\makeup trials, DIY garland, finish building & painting our corn hole games, get marriage license, finalize ceremony, bake pies for dessert table, get men’s suits, have tasting with caterer and plan the “after party”. We are having a fairly intimate wedding with just immediate family, bridal party & spouses and Godparents (approx. 45 ppl) in a morning ceremony. We are hosting an informal gathering later that night with all of our friends at either a bowling alley or pool hall.

So excited!!

Post # 37
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

This is GREAT ! Made me realize I need to get on blocking hotel rooms for some of my guests!

So far we have…

The venue, DJ, officiant, photographer/videographer, florist, engagement photos, save the dates sent out, bridesmaids dresses are ordered (will come in June), My dress & veil is ordered (will be in July), wedding shoes, & are honeymoon is booked (Fiji here we come!!) 🙂 

Fiance is working on designing our invitations (hes a graphic designer), then we have to get them sent out for printing.

Hair and Makeup trial appts. are booked for the beginning of July. I have my boudior session scheduled also in July (will be placing an order for a mini albulm for Fiance to give on the big day) 

We are beginning to look at wedding bands. Easy for me my ring has a matching band so we will be going to purchase it this Sunday since they had it shipped to the store. Fiance needs to deciede on his ring.

Still need to figure out our favors, block rooms for out of state guests, Fiance & groomsmen need to order tux’s, I need to buy materials to make my Flower girls dress, we also still need to deciede if transportation is worth it as our ceremony and reception are at the same location. 

SO EXCITING FOR SEPTEMBER !!! Congrats everyone! 

Post # 38
1079 posts
Bumble bee

cristinamarie92:  I was in the transportation prediciment too. We ended up getting a limo for 2 hours  (which is the min) because my Fi felt like it would be to much of a hassle to try and direct everyone where we would be going for pictures and how to get there, etc. There is also a HUGE car show downtown which is one of the main places I wanted to get pictures at, so, We kind of didn’t have a choice.. that was an extra $400 I was not expecting 🙁

Post # 39
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

MrsPhishBee:  This is my issue also. If I did have transportation I would really want a trolley, I called a couple of places around me and one place is willing to rent their trolley to me for 3 hours but it would still put me back about $1,200 (it would hold 20-23ppl; my bridal party, bride & grooms parents, and 1 photographer) Another concern of mine is how will my bridal party get back home once they have gotten to the venue. :/ 

Post # 40
1079 posts
Bumble bee

cristinamarie92:  I really wanted a trolley too, But, when I called they had went out of business, and the nearest one would have been over $100 more than the Limo we are getting

Post # 41
4231 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

Chaedra:  Right now it feels like two steps forward, one step back. I figured we’d be done by now!

The topic ‘September 2015 brides what's your progress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors