September 2015 Mamas – It's Baby Month!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: It's finally September, how do you feel?
    Terrified : (6 votes)
    8 %
    Excited : (15 votes)
    21 %
    Relieved : (5 votes)
    7 %
    Apprehensive : (8 votes)
    11 %
    In Denial : (7 votes)
    10 %
    Impatient : (9 votes)
    13 %
    Exhausted : (10 votes)
    14 %
    Energized : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Glowy with Love : (7 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 106
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

MrsFairyBee:  Congratulations and welcome to Brielle!! She’s truly lovely! I’ve heard pit is rough and I’m sorry you ended up in a section that you didn’t want, but you did an amazing job giving birth! You went through so much and worked so hard for your daughter! And yeah for good breastfeeding!

Post # 107
    232 posts
    Helper bee

Congratulations on the babies! They’re all so precious!

I had my “last” appointment today (before my EDD). My doctor wanted to do a membrane sweep and offered to induce – she said if she did the sweep, she’s pretty sure I’d be in labor tonight, and if she induced, my labor would probably only be ~3 hours, but I’ve decided to wait it out. The 27th isn’t very far away, and Fiance has that whole week off to help me with baby, whereas he’s working so much this week, I’m really hoping to not go into labor before the weekend.

But now I see these babies and I just want mine to be here!!

Post # 108
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

MrsFairyBee:  Your baby is incredibly, incredibly adorable and I love the name Brielle. Congratulations on your bundle of joy!

JenGirl:  My goodness he is such an incredibly cute baby and I feel like Osar fits him perfectly. You look beautiful mama! Congratulations!

Post # 109
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee

Tralalaubee:  I hope your labor goes well. Try to relax and reserve energy while you still can, the 27th is really soon and that means your baby will be here before you know it! 🙂

Post # 110
    3755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

MrsFairyBee:  Shanbp just let me know that you had your baby!!!! Congratulations, she is so beautiful!! So happy for you!!!

Post # 111
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Tralalaubee:  yeah, I’d definitely hope for when your husband can be there. I don’t know what I would have done without my husband the first week!

Post # 112
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

franklymydearidont:  Thank you! We picked the name Oscar pretty easily while I was pregnant, so I’m glad it suits him!

Post # 113
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee

JenGirl:  I love the name Oscar. It’s handsome for a boy and will age well when he’s a man. It’s definitely on Darling Husband and my list for baby names 🙂

Post # 114
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hi everyone, I know I’ve been MIA the past several months but this board and all of you have been so helpful to me throughout my pregnancy. I’ve been reading along and am so excited for all of you and your beautiful babies!

I’d like to introduce baby Jasper Thorne! Born Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 1:51pm. He was 10 days overdue and we narrowly escaped induction. He must have been holding out to share my mom’s birthday! He was 6 lbs 4.5 oz, 20″ long. He has a full head of silky black hair and looks exactly like my husband. I am head over heels in love!

I can post more of my birth story at some point if anyone is interested but to make a long story short, I was able to have the natural labor and birth experience I wanted even though it started out with my water breaking before I was even in labor and needing to go in to start antibiotics because I was GBS+. My amazing husband was my support and focal point throughout the whole 36 hour experience (and we started on only 2 hours of sleep because my water broke at 1am Friday). I pushed for 4 hours(!) and delivered my precious baby boy into my own arms (midwife guided the head and shoulders out and then told me to pull him out and up onto my chest). Most incredible moment of my whole life. The first words out of my mouth were “oh my love” and I kept repeating that over and over.

His first week home was pretty eventful – we lost power the day after we got home so his second night “home” was spent in a hotel room and his third night home we ended up renting a generator, good lord what an experience. But all of that is behind us now and we’re finally settling in. I’m happy to say I have more than enough milk for my little baby bird and he’s been doing great at nursing. I call him Baby Bird because for the first 2 days he had this heartbreaking little cry that sounded exactly like a baby eagle. Also he had some angry eagle eyes lol and of course when he goes to nurse he opens his mouth wide like a little bird. It’s so sad that he’s already outgrown his baby eagle cry and we never got to record it. I’m so full of love – I just never imagined I could love so much and it increases every day.

I’m having trouble uploading pictures of Jasper from my iPad. It says the file type is not allowed. Has something changed? I used to be able to do it…

Post # 115
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I tried to copy my birth story from Facebook but the formatting turned out weird. I’ll try again tomorrow from my computer instead of my phone!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  jbbird.
    Post # 116
    390 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Scheduled to be induced tomorrow night at 8pm!!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors