September 2015 Mamas Part 10 * It's the final countdown!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How prepared do you feel you are for these little bundles of joy?
    50% prepared : (5 votes)
    21 %
    75% prepared : (9 votes)
    38 %
    95% prepared : (4 votes)
    17 %
    100% prepared : (0 votes)
    I'm having a baby next month?! I'm not nearly prepared enough! : (6 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 436
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

DGB38: Oh My Goodness! That is one absolutely adorable baby! I’m sorry you haven’t gotten much time with her and I hope you get to see her soon! I’m sure she’s doing fine and they’re just being cautious. Hope you’re feeling and healing well!

Post # 437
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

DGB38:  she is sooo cute!! Congratulations!! I hope youve gotten some good long snuggles in by now! What’s her name??

Post # 438
    98 posts
    Worker bee

JenGirl:  i have the same feelings about coming to the end of my pregnancy.  It’s been such a happy time for me, I’ll miss having my daughter so close! I’ve also never been so proud and amazed by what my body can achieve.

hippomama:  38 weeks, you’re so close, hang in there!

DGB38:  how amazing that your body went into labour on your own! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Such wonderful news. I hope your daughter’s breathing improvesso you can spend much more time with her.she is beautiful,  well done!!

Post # 439
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

DGB38:  Congrats!  She is so cute!

Post # 440
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

A little update…our daughter was finally taken out of the NICU last night around 8:30 and waa able to join my husband and I in our room!! I did not want to out her down once I was able to hold her! It finally felt ‘real’ being able to see her for more thaj 5 minutes at a time. 

As for my c-section recovery, most of the medicine finally wore off and i have been in a lot more pain. Even the constant epidural that I have in doesnt seem to be doing much anymore. They tried getting me to stand up and walk over to a chair last night, to test out my mobility….WORST PAIN EVER!! Now, I am not much of a crier but this HURT!! I was able to sit up and semi stand up but that was about it. I made it 1 step closer to the chair but coulsnt finish. I started crying from the pain which only made things worse because it tightened up my stomach even more ๐Ÿ™  They want me to start walking even more later today but I dont know , I will try to push through the pain but Im not sure if I will be successful.

I will update you guys more later today, and hopefully have some more cute photos to share ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 441
    760 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

DGB38:  what a beauty! Hoping she can come stay with you soon! 

Post # 442
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

AuckandBride2013:  It really is mind boggling all the changes our bodies have gone through in such a short amount of time! I love watching those videos on YouTube about how all your organs shift around during pregnancy. It’s just crazy. And pretty darn awesome.

DGB38:  Yeah for your daughter getting out of NICU!!! I’m glad she’s doing better and you’re able to get all the snuggles that you want! That must be such an amazing feeling! I’m so sorry you’re having so much pain from the c-section! This whole birthing a baby process is never easy! But you did the hard work of giving birth to such an amazing little girl! I hope the recovery gets easier. Maybe try some relaxing excersizes before you try to walk. I don’t know if it’ll help, but it couldn’t hurt! 

Post # 443
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

DGB38:  haven’t been on here much so I totally missed your announcement! Congratulations on your little girl, she’s beautiful! I’m so glad she’s out of the NICU and with you now. Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery for you! 

Post # 444
    98 posts
    Worker bee

DGB38:  I’m sorry you’re having so much pain. I hope your recovery gets easier – hang in there! Such great news that your daughter is out of NICU and able to room in with you! How long do you think you’ll stay in the hospital for?how much did she weigh and what name did you choose? !

I saw the dr today – all looking good and progressing normally.  I have noticed a red itchy rash on my tummy, chest and arms this week – I’ve been diagnosed with PUPP -feeling quite sorryfor myself. Have been given antihistamine tablet to take at night when it is at its worst to help me sleep but other than that the only ‘cure’ is to have this baby! 

Post # 445
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Thank you again ladies! Today was much better than yesterday, as far as my pain goes. I slept on my side last night so that i could try and stretch out a little more and not be so stiff from laying on my back all day. It worked wonders. I was able to walk around normally the minute I woke up this morning. Dont get ne wrong, I was still sore…but it felt more like the soreness you feel when you work out a little too hard. I was really happy that I was able to help my husband out with our daughter today – I felt pretty helpless last night. 

Here are a few photos I was able to take today. Its still hard to believe that I am the lucky mother to this beautiful little girl ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 446
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

DGB38:  She is adorable and looks so happy!!  Glad to hear you are feeling better today, hope the healing continues to go well!!  Congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 447
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

DGB38:  congratulations, she’s one pretty little girl! Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! And I’m sorry it seems nobody is going on the boards anymore! I just joined the Facebook group last week and it seems there’s a lot more action over there! Enjoy your little girl and I hope you keep feeling better and better ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 448
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

DGB38:  she is so cute!! Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better too!Wishing you s speedy recovery.

Are you still in the hospital? When do you guys head home with the little one?

Post # 449
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

DGB38:  Awwwww!!!!! She’s adorable! And I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling better. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here on out! 

Post # 450
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

DGB38:  She’s so precious, congratulations mama! I’m glad you’re feeling better too and just sore rather than in pain.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors