(Closed) September 2015 Mamas Part 10 * It's the final countdown!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How prepared do you feel you are for these little bundles of joy?
    50% prepared : (5 votes)
    21 %
    75% prepared : (9 votes)
    38 %
    95% prepared : (4 votes)
    17 %
    100% prepared : (0 votes)
    I'm having a baby next month?! I'm not nearly prepared enough! : (6 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 451
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

It makes me sad that this board has gone inactive…it was so nice to check throughout the day at work and distract me…and now both of my bosses are out until after I deliver (most likely) so I have like nothing to do at work πŸ™ 

Had my 37 week appointment on Friday (37+5) and haven’t made any progress since my 36 week (36+2) appointment…still 80% effaced and no dilation.  I think I may have lost my mucus plug or part of it…but not positive, it was very clear (no color/blood) so not sure…that happened Saturday, and w/out being dilated the day before I find it unlikely, but I have been having pretty consistent braxton hicks contractions so maybe I have finally started to dilated.  Due date is 9/13, less then 2 weeks to go, scary!!  Doctors think I’ll go late…

How’s everyone else holding up?  So exciting to see babies popping up already (fb group). 

Post # 452
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

kellynn323:  Yes, with more activity on the fb group this board seems to have gone a bit quiet…especially during the weekends. Let’s revive it so we have something to distract us from work or the lack of work if you all are being given less to work on in case you have your baby like me. I was thinking of starting a new thread tomorrow once it’s finally September and we can share our birth stories and baby announcements on it!

AFM, I got my first little drop of colostrum last night!!! I was so excited I called Darling Husband from upstairs to tell him, he answered his phone all hesitant like expecting it to be something more serious, haha. He has a cold right now and told me I couldn’t have the baby last night so I’m sure he was thinking my water broke or something ironic like that. Anyway, the drop was yellow and I was so excited that things are working there! πŸ˜€

Post # 453
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

DGB38:  Your baby is sooooo cute! Congratulations! Can’t wait to start seeing more pictures of sweet bbs in this group πŸ™‚

I’m 38.5 weeks today… oh my gosh why is time going SO SLOWLY?? I’ve been getting cervical checks at the doctor, and last Thursday I was at <1 cm so basically no sign this baby is coming out any time soon. Augh! I’m still measuring somewhat small, so there doesn’t seem to be any concern that bb is getting too big. But bb is slightly sideways which is too bad — I want her to go head down!! Fingers crossed that things start moving along here in the next few days. Even ten more days of this sounds crazy long! 

Post # 454
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

MrsFairyBee:  Good idea to start a new thread in September πŸ™‚  I hope the girls will update with birth stories and photos on here as well as FB.  So crazy that you had some colostrum come in, my boobs have been totally dry, lol!  No dry flakes or any sign of milk, I feel like they’ve actually gotten a tad smaller in the last trimester, more squishy…who knows, could also be my belly getting bigger!  Have you been having braxton hicks contractions?  I get them non-stop in the evenings, I had one so bad, I think it may have been a real contraction, last night…It lasted about 30 seconds and was pretty painful, I was pinching DH’s arm so hard he finally asked me to stop and grab a larger section of his arm!  Nights have been rough for me b/c the contractions don’t stop and it makes it hard to breathe…hopefully it’s a good sign of things progressing! 

Post # 455
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I agree, I enjoyed checking the board often during the weekdays to pass time at work. Tomorrow is 38 weeks for me and my internal last week showed no progress. I am eager to see what will happen this week, if anything. Night are getting real uncomfortable for me also!

Love seeing all these babies popping up, its getting me so anxious to see out little boy.

Post # 456
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

kellynn323:  Yeah, I took my bra off and noticed a slight damp feeling through my shirt and low and behold there it was! I am terrible at identifying BHs…I know I’ve felt the tightening sometimes but it’s hard to tell if it’s my uterus or just baby pushing up at the surface and me feeling baby’s hard body. I had a painful crampy contraction/BH while at the grocery story late last week which I know wasn’t anything else. My Dr. also hasn’t done any internal checks yet but said we’d start at 38 wks which will be this Friday’s appointment so I am looking forward to just knowing where we’re at currently.

Post # 457
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

hippomama:  We are in the same boat…I’m 38+2 and at my Friday appointment was not dilated yet πŸ™  Time is moving so slow!!!! 

SunC19:  Isn’t it a bummer not making any progress, baby is going to make us wait till the last minute, or late πŸ™ 

Post # 458
    789 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Argh my phone is dead and I’m at work…otherwise I’d be on the FB chat! Haven’t been on here in so long πŸ™‚ Can’t believe tomorrow is SEPTEMBER!!! 

Post # 459
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

MrsFairyBee:  Good luck at your appointment Friday, I don’t find the internal exams that bad at all…And I look forward to them now to know my progress, or lack of πŸ™

Post # 461
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  She is too cute πŸ™‚  Congrats again πŸ™‚

Post # 462
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

kellynn323:  Your EDD is coming up soon! Don’t be bummed about your progress. I’ve really come to believe the none of it means anything because women can be 4 cm and 90% for weeks and others can go from no dilating or efacement to full on labor in hours. It’ll happen when it happens. I’m right behind you and I actually thinking about trying to avoid the internal exams until I go into labor just because it seems like it’s so easy to get caught up in where you are and if you’re “progressing”. And it’s crazy that you’re having such strong Braxton-Hicks!

MrsFairyBee:  That’s awesome to hear you’re getting colostrum! I’ve been getting drops here and there for weeks. One morning I woke up and had a good sized wet spot on the bed where my boob had squished against my husband’s arm and apparently leaked!

hippomama:  Aw! I’m sure your little bub will be along shortly! 

SunC19:  Yeah, nights aren’t fun these days. I always wake up super sore. And I’m now getting up multiple times per night. It wasnt’ so bad over the weekend because I could nap but now we’ve got another work week. Womp womp womp. 

X0JLYNN03:  I already posted on your other thread but I wanted to post here, as well, and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Post # 464
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

X0JLYNN03:  Awesome, congratulations! She is a beauty! 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas Part 10 * It's the final countdown!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors