(Closed) September 2015 Mamas Part 8

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What is your favorite summer activity?
    Pool time : (9 votes)
    23 %
    Lake : (6 votes)
    15 %
    Hiking : (3 votes)
    8 %
    Festivals : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Gardening : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Camping : (0 votes)
    BBQs : (13 votes)
    33 %
    Kayaking/Canoeing : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Other, please share below : (3 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 271
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

SunC19:  awesome name!

Post # 272
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

SunC19:  I LOVE the name vincenzo…my husband thought it would be weird given what are nationalities are but i think its such a strong name. And come on… Vinnie is the best nick name!

Post # 273
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

kellynn323:  Thanks!

Post # 274
    312 posts
    Helper bee

jenspadiva:  mrsalexander:  Thank you both! I love Vinnie. My husband is full Italian and I am half, so it goes nice with our Italian last name.

Post # 275
    497 posts
    Helper bee

Just curious…. For those of you who have chosen names or are close, what was your process like?  Were either you or your partner more into the name search?  Have you had a name in mind for years, do you have very different tastes?  Did you look through name books or try random Internet name generators?

We are still not close.  I have been obsessed with names my whole life, Dh still dodges the subject on a regular basis.  We have a shared spreadsheet which has fluctuated in length and only once (a couple of days ago) has he ever added names to the list on his own.  He then had us rate each name out of 10 and the only name that received higher than a 7 was one he doesn’t want to use cause it is a friend he works with.  This is so hard!  I am starting to get a feel for the style he likes but so far the ones he has come back to that I also like don’t go great with our surname.  He doesn’t like to discuss it very much so I try not press him.  We have gone through books and done lots of intent searches for fresh ideas.  We both have trouble with “trying out” names…. seems silly for some reason.

Anyway just rambling and curious about other people’s processes!

Post # 276
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

X0JLYNN03:  I think a gift exchange would be awesome! 

jenspadiva:  We’re actually going camping next week with another couple who has a 2 year old and due a month after me! So if you’re crazy, I’m crazy with you! But, really, I feel pretty great (other than the heartburn) so I don’t see any reason not to camp. We’re not backpacking or anything intense. Just camp fires and swimming in the lake and mild hiking and sleeping in the tent. As long as you’re feeling okay, I say go for it!

SunC19:  Great name! My very first “boyfriend” in seventh grade was named Vince… Ah, young love. Hehehe. But it’s a great name!

kellynn323:  I’ve definitely been more sore at the end of the day that usual (I’ve got bad joints so it’s not usual for me to have some pain after sitting for long periods). I find it helps, a lot, to make a point to get up and walk around once an hour or so. I walk to the far away bathroom. I go visit a co-workers desk rather than sending an email. Anything that gets me out of my chair for a little bit. 

Post # 277
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

jenspadiva:  Our process was fairly simple.. we had discussed it prior to getting pregnant & had a few we liked & mostly agreed on for boy & girl (I kept a list on my phone) and once we got pregnant we got serious and narrowed it down. It’s funny actually, we wasted no time.. we found out Christmas Eve morning I was pregnant and when we got home that night from my parents we had no power, so we sat around in the dark looking up baby names on our phones & talking about it. We agreed & decided on Makenna Lynn for a girl right off the bat.. the boy name we were still disagreeing on, luckily she’s a girl so it was easy for us to pick a name.

Post # 278
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

JenGirl:   ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you in our FB group – sorry I don’t know exatly who everyone on WB is compared to the FB group, and I know we have several Jen’s in the FB group.

Post # 279
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

jenspadiva:  We both really like names, in general, so there’s been no shortage of discussion. We have both done some internet searches and looked into a bunch of names. Turns out we do have somewhat different tastes. I tend towards more traditional names and he likes more “out there” names, but there’s a good amount of overlap of names that we both like. Boys names were pretty easy. We hit on a name we both liked and from then on out, any other name we just had to think “Do we like this better than Oscar” and the answer’s always been no, at least at this point. But we’re much more all over the place with girl names. We’ve got a big list and almost 10 that are serious contenders. I figure we’ve got a few more months to figure it out, so I’m not too worried yet. We found that ranking them helped. And names move up and down the list with time. But some are definitely filtering to the top. You’ve got time, so don’t stress too much. You’ll get there eventually!

Post # 280
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

X0JLYNN03:  I think I signed up back in the begining, but I rarely get on facebook and probably haven’t been on in months. But I can sign in, if that would be easier. I just don’t check it regularly. 

Post # 281
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

JenGirl:  Yea, I get up a lot throughout the day, but it gets to a point where no matter how long I’m up the second I sit back down it’s instant pain ๐Ÿ™  I plan on asking my doctor about it at my next appointment, but from what I’ve gathered from other friends that have been pregnant it’s pretty normal.  Some days it’s so bad I literaly feel like my butt is just going to seperate (like my checks will spread out and just not stop) ugh!  Maybe it’s b/c I’m carrying so low?  Who knows, it’s miserable!!

jenspadiva:  We had talked about it before, we had decided on Madison for a girl a few years ago and never really nailed down a boys name.  As silly as this will sound we watched the show Revenge and there is a guy on their named Aidan that our friends always say looks like my Husband, so he kinda grew to really like that name, so when we got pregnant we thought what about Aiden (different spelling from the traditional Irish spelling) and we both liked it, it was way better than other options we had thought about…and everything else just didn’t compare!  I guess we got lucky that we both like the name!  As for girl names I came up with Kennedy, and just kept using it and bringing it up to Darling Husband, he really really like Madison but I grew not to love it b/c of it’s popularity (Yes I also realize Aiden is a popular boys name…) and one day he really started to love the name Kennedy, so it was settled ๐Ÿ™‚  If you really love a name, just keep brining it up to Darling Husband maybe it will grow on him!  I can’t remember are you guys having a boy or girl? Want to share some of your top names on the list? 

Post # 282
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

kellynn323:  Aw! That sounds awful. Does your work have any standing work stations? That might be something to consider.

Post # 283
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

jenspadiva:  We had our names picked for years and they kind of ‘evolved’ from there I guess. We use to be hippy stoners and had picked the name ‘Lyric Hendrix’ for a boy 5 years ago lol The only girl name Darling Husband and I agreed on was Sloane Monroe… So we had those picked since we were 26! 

But we grew out of Lyric (Thankfully lol) and had an Indian name backed up – Rohak and we would call him Hawk as a nickname. A girl (not someone I’m close to) ended up having a baby in February and named her Sloan. We still love the name, but having a face put to it, it wasn’t the same anymore. Around the same time I met a Girl named Saxon in my esthetics class and I told Darling Husband I really loved the name. He said he preferred it for a boy because it sounds ‘strong and masculine’. I was leaning towards Saxon Emilia for a girl, Darling Husband even suggested Saxon Sloane for a girl, bit Darling Husband said he loved Saxon Hendrix together, and as much as I wanted our kids have one Indian name, I agreed, I loved the Saxon name combinations.

We had a feeling it was a boy, and so it all actually seemed to come together pretty organically… By the time we foins out the sex, we had it pretty settled!

Darling Husband says no matter the sex he was leaning towards Saxon as a first name. Although our runner up girl name was Neha Sloane (which means Love in Hindi and Warrior in Celtic!) so we’ll keep it banked in the even we have a daughter one day!

Post # 284
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

JenGirl:  You don’t have to, I can PM you here on WB with the details! I’ll send it in a few mins ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 285
    497 posts
    Helper bee

X0JLYNN03:  We also found out Christmas eve โ˜บ

JenGirl:  Hurray let’s both be crazy!  Just not sure how huge and uncomfortable I will be by then.  Dh is worried about that.

kellynn323:  Dh likes Aidan but I vetoed only because it is a good friend’s sibling that I saw grow up…. Just seemed too weird.  Great name though.  We are having a boy… I might post a list of our favourites on Facebook today or tomorrow to see what you guys think.

MadameHibou:  Dh calls me a hippy which I guess I sort of am ๐Ÿ˜Š. We had Sloane on our girls name list.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  jenspadiva. Reason: typo

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas Part 8’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors