(Closed) September 2015 Mamas Part 8

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What is your favorite summer activity?
    Pool time : (9 votes)
    23 %
    Lake : (6 votes)
    15 %
    Hiking : (3 votes)
    8 %
    Festivals : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Gardening : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Camping : (0 votes)
    BBQs : (13 votes)
    33 %
    Kayaking/Canoeing : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Other, please share below : (3 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 572
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

kellynn323:  Oh wow, you did have a lot of last minute shoppers! And I’m sure that’s the case with my guests too — and maybe me being such a freak and always shopping early is unrealistic and most people aren’t like that. I have had a few gifts delivered from people who can’t make it, which was unexpected & really appreciated.. and I do believe some of the others who can’t make it will get us something. I guess I’m more just bummed that these girls (who I’m close with and was always at their showers) aren’t coming to mine. I’m just a big cry baby lol

Post # 573
    312 posts
    Helper bee

X0JLYNN03:  I feel the exact same way as you regarding your shower. We also invited around 40 people, and we are down to 30 coming and I am dissapointed. My mom has been doing so much to make the shower wonderful, and paying attention to every detail possible and I have been really bummed that it is going to be a small turn out when she has put so much effot into making it perfect for me.  I also have been checking my registry and feel like not much has been purchased, and I worry we wont even get a lot of the necesseities. Hopefully our feelings turn around, but dont think your being whiny, I feel the same! Unless I am being whiney too!

Post # 574
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

X0JLYNN03:  Also a lot of people will purchase completely off the registery, so you’ll end up with more than you think!  Most of our friends are parent’s already so i wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of them stopped at the store on their way to the party to pick up the gift, Buy Buy Baby (where we registered) does free gift wrap so it’s easy for people to grab and go, lol! 

Post # 576
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

SunC19:  MrsFairyBee:  I’m glad I’m not the only one, so maybe we’re not being whiny and these are legit feelings we’re allowed to have 😉 I know my mom has put a lot of money into the shower and my sister has been working her butt off to make it so great and is so proud of everything, I’ll feel bad if not many show up. And I know it sounds mean, but I won’t hesitate to return clothes if I don’t get essentials.. I need sheets over another pink onesie! I know my Grandma & Aunt who live in FL won’t be attending, but have both sent a card to my sister’s house to bring, with either a gift card or cash/check in it.. so I know I’ll be able to get some items with that – and I know we’ll have to buy some things on our own of course, but I was hoping to get the “main” items at the shower & just have to buy smaller things here & there.

And I feel the same way MrsFairyBee:  I have a few friends that are like “Oh well I’ll try to switch my work schedule and go in later that day, then maybe I can come..” you’ve known about this for more than a month, you could make a little more effort. And I’ll remember this when it’s their turn.. I’ll wait til last minute to RSVP and “maybe be able to make it” lol It’s definitely the hormones making us bitchy, that’s ok tho! We’re allowed to be! I haven’t told anyone in real life I’m feeling this way, so I’m also glad to be able to vent and have people understand my feelings.

kellynn323:  That’s true, people may just buy random stuff that we didn’t register for, which kind of defeats the purpose of a registry.. but oh well. In the end it’ll all be fine, I just think too much into things.

Post # 577
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

SunC19:  MrsFairyBee:  X0JLYNN03:  Don’t worry girls, it’s totally normal.  I felt the same way with my gender reveal shower.  We invited like 45 people (couples so 90 total) and so many people that knew about it in advance and said they would be there RSVP’d as no.  It was really sad b/c I went to all of their bridal and baby showers and really wanted my friends to be there.  We ended up with a great turn out of around 35 people, but it was mostly family and only a few friends.  We even had people back out in the days before the party.  Summers are hard b/c everyone has events going on, and apparently May is hard as well b/c people have graduation parties and such…it’s always something 🙁 

Post # 578
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

X0JLYNN03:  MrsFairyBee:  SunC19:  I had the exact same feelings going into my first shower and with my second coming up next weekend I feel much more at ease. A few people didn’t show which was disappointing especially after all the effort that went into hosting it and me driving 6 hours to get there but I didn’t let it get me down. Remember that you will still have plenty of other people there to celebrate with you! As for the gifts it was a mixture. Most people bought a necessity from the registry and then added a fun/cute gift to it. We ended up with quite a bit even though the registry purchased section didn’t reflect it when I checked. For the shower coming up I expect a much larger turn out and I’ve vowed to not look at that dang registry! I just want to relax and enjoy with the ones that do come.

kellynn323:  I actually changed my mind and decided to wear something else!! It’s an ivory flowy maxi dress with crocheted daisies on the sleeve. I plan to wear that to my shower next weekend and also for my photos. I returned the peach dress…after a while it seemed to matronly on me! The navy is a keeper though. I love that dress! You couldn’t tell the color difference one bit. So happy to have it in my closet and that I’ll be able to wear it after baby too.

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas Part 8’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors