(Closed) September 2015 Mamas Part 8

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What is your favorite summer activity?
    Pool time : (9 votes)
    23 %
    Lake : (6 votes)
    15 %
    Hiking : (3 votes)
    8 %
    Festivals : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Gardening : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Camping : (0 votes)
    BBQs : (13 votes)
    33 %
    Kayaking/Canoeing : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Other, please share below : (3 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 76
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

AuckandBride2013:  Ahh a the shopping basket! I knew I was missing something obvious!   Was also concerned about it banging against my legs and the hands free part totally appeals.  Thanks!  Will need to see if it would fit.

Post # 77
    2517 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

What is everyone doing in terms of sleeping arrangements?

We have kindly been given a Moses basket but that can only be used for the first 2-3 months usually. When she is old enough to go into her own room she will most likely have a cot bed as they last longer but it’s knowing what to do in the interim period when she is too big for the basket but still not old enough to sleep in her own room at night – I would put her in the cot bed for naps during the day. 

Post # 78
    358 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

_chelsbelles:  You mentioned adding a swivel/ rocking base to your chair for the nursery. I’ve seen some tutorials online. I kinda want to do the same thing since we really can’t afford a few hundred dollars on a big comfy rocking chair. How did it turn out? Darling Husband is fairly handy but I’m a little concerned about the stability. 

Post # 80
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

MrsFairyBee:  Oh no, my butt has to stay parked in that office 3 hours! Luckily it’s a big waiting room and has some comfy seats, so I’ll make sure to snag a comfy one! I just scheduled my appt, June 5th at 8:30, at least it’s early so I’ll be done at 11:30 and can shove something in my face as soon as I’m done. It’s going to suck.. but if that’s the worst of my problems, I’m doing pretty good – as long as I pass it. I messaged one of my Dr’s nurses last night (we’re friends on FB) and she said it’s very common to fail the 1-hour & pass the 3-hour with no problem and my number wasn’t far off from passing, so not to worry. That was reassuring. But if I do end up having GD there’s nothing I did or nothing I could of done to prevent it, it just happens to some people. Overall I’m healthy & eat good & exercise, so it’s just happens.. but hopefully I pass and we can move on!

Kay1126:  It was pretty wild to see her & see what she actually looks like! And if they have to change my due date, it’s not the end of the world, he was making it seem like such a big deal.. due date get changed all the time! I’m sure my OB will discuss it with me at my next appt, we did talk about it a little before my u/s yesterday & she said some babies are just built smaller, and there’s nothing wrong with that. No one seems worried, so that’s what matters.. but of course I’m a tiny worried in the back of my head as to why she’s not growing as fast as she should be, even though everything looks fine. Maybe my dates are wrong, but I find that hard to believe with temping and tracking when we BD.. but who knows!

MadameHibou:  I also had a hunch I’d fail because it’s so common, and I was right. Boo! Something I keep thinking about though is a lot of the times woman with GD have larger babies and she’s measuring small.. so that makes me think I’m fine and don’t have it. I guess we’ll find out next week, fingers cross I pass with flying colors!

Post # 82
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

MrsFairyBee:  Yeah that whole part about being stabbed every hour is going to suck! I wish they could just do it like an IV, one poke and keep it in then just take the blood from there each time. And I agree with you, if this is the biggest obstacle we face we’re doing good. Chances are we’ll both pass and be just fine 🙂

Post # 83
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

jenspadiva:  Cute!! I’d love to see pics when you’re done if you’d like to share then 🙂

I’ve dabbled a bit in crocheting some stuffed things, but it’s definitely not in my wheelhouse yet! I’d love to do that for my little one, but I think I’m going to stick to some simple Amigurumi Owls for his room for practice!

Post # 84
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

MrsFairyBee:  X0JLYNN03:  Did you have to fast before the test? Im seeing some bees are told to, and some aren’t. I’m wondering if that has anything to do with the high ‘fail’ rate for the 1 hour test… I also wonder why the difference!

I’ve been told to fast for a minimum 4 hours before the one hour test. 

Post # 85
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

jenm2be:  I have definitely had them!  It’s a strange feeling for sure.  Mine often seem to happen more in the evening.

Post # 86
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

FromA2B2013:  after 2-3 months they can def be in their own room.  That’s actually recommended in most sleep training books.  You can do it from day one if you want to… I plan to have a bassinet at first until I can pump and then little man will be in his room.

Post # 87
    2517 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

preppysouthernbride:  Here in the UK they recommend for the first six months. She might be in her own room before then but you never know!

Post # 88
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

MadameHibou:  my doctor asked me to fast for 5 hours before my test, not even water she said. Mine is in about a week. 

Post # 89
    170 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Roll Call!

How far along are you: 23 weeks + 4 days!

Next Appointment: I have my glucose test appointment on Friday June 5th! 

Baby’s Gender and Name if known: It’s a girl! Her name is Willow Azure!

Nursery Theme or Colors: We are closing on our new house on June 16th, so after we get moved in we will put together a theme of sorts. I was thinking a fairy tale theme, but not in a super-girly way. 

Do you have a Baby-Moon planned? We just had our 3 day weekend in Chicago for our 2nd wedding anniversary…we don’t have money to do anything else!

Do you think you’ll go into labor and birth early or late? No clue! haha. 

Will you do maternity photos? I’ll probably just have my best friend take them. She’s pretty talented with a camera. 

Feel free to post your most recent bump photo or u/s image.

Here is me at 22 weeks! Still haven’t bought any maternity clothes other than a belly band…probably should though!

Hope everyone is doing well and passing their glucose tests! I’m nervous about mine! 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas Part 8’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors