September 2015 Mamas Part 9.. we're in the home stretch!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Now that we're winding things down.. what is worrying you most about have a new baby?
    The pain, DUH! : (9 votes)
    17 %
    Managing a new baby and being a working mom : (11 votes)
    21 %
    The impact a new baby will have on my marriage/other aspects of my life : (9 votes)
    17 %
    If I'll know how to be a good mom/know what to do : (7 votes)
    13 %
    Everything! : (8 votes)
    15 %
    Nothing at all, I got this! : (0 votes)
    The financial strain of having a baby : (8 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 286
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

kellynn323:  That’s what I thought, too! but my next doctor’s appointment isnt until Aug 5 so I don’t really want to wait until then to find out. That would be amazing, though!

Post # 287
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

kellynn323:  I give you mad props for planning to pump! Yeah, I’ll definitely be pumping, as well. Especially when I head back to work. And I love that my husband can give bottles that way. Ultimately, I’d like to breastfeed, but however baby gets fed will be fine.

Post # 288
    9546 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

daisybee90:  Aw! I’m sorry! So what happens now?

Post # 289
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Is anyone else starting to feel a tad overwhelmed?? 

We just got back from our Mountain Baby-Moon, and despite the relaxing aspects of a getaway, we also took the opportunity to actually shop for baby stuff. So far we’ve only been able to buy everything online (due to location) and in-store shopping was a tad overwhelming…! After unpacking the Jeep,and coming home to more packages from online orders… there’s just baby stuff everywhere! It’s all of the big stuff now also, car seat, stroller, bouncer etc. 

I’m also starting to think about packing hospital bags up for Saxon and I, and it’s quite daunting to think we’re in the home stretch now and time to think about all of that!

I know a lot of Bee’s had their showers this past weekend, so maybe you’re in a similar boat with all of the baby stuff in house and staring at you!  

Post # 290
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

daisybee90:  Sorry to hear about your GD test! I actually haven’t heard anything from my 3 hour test and it’s been almost 5 weeks… I hope they don’t say “BTW you have GD!” on Friday during my appointment! Hopefully with minor diet adjustment you’ll have it all under control πŸ™‚

Post # 291
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

JenGirl:  I’m going to meet with a dietician who specializes in diabetes- I think it just means more doctors appointments also.  I really wanted a natural birth so I’m extremely motivated to do whatever it takes to stay healthy and keep the baby as healthy as possible. πŸ˜€

Post # 292
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

jenm2be:  thank for posting!! I took a screen shot and will definitely use it once we pack our bags (my goal is to be packed by the end of August, since I’m due end of Sept)

Post # 293
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

MadameHibou:  I’m feeling overwhelmed! I need to make a huge to-do list of everything we still need to do. We haven’t even registered, other than what I’ve researched online. My shower is the last weekend in Aug so still have time I guess…Darling Husband and I plan to register in store this week!

eta: I also feel extremely overwhelmed about the birthing process and breastfeeding, and need to do a lot more reading and researching in those areas. We moved to a new city 2 weeks ago and have been unpacking and organizing, not preparing for baby!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  jbbird.
    Post # 294
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Last night we picked up a bundle of used clothes from someone selling in he area and it included waaay more than we expected.  We also bough a new vacuum cleaner.  I have never been so excited to go home and do laundry and vacuum!

MadameHibou:  I am also feeling overwhelmed.   There is so much we still plan on doing within the flat ourselves it is hard to imagine it complete while the pile of baby stuff in the livingroom grows.  We still don’t have a name or even a select few that we love!  It is also just hard to imagine a baby physically with us…. seems surreal.

JenGirl:  + kellylynn   I am also planning a doing a lot of pumping so Dh can help feed and it may make things easier for getting out and about…. but still a lot to learn so who knows.

Post # 295
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

MadameHibou:  A little overwhelmed, we have 6 large boxes of baby stuff (pack-n-play, highchair, swing, rock-n-play, car seat and bouncer seat) that is sitting in our front living room/dining room and I really want to set it up, but it’s too early, I hate seeing those boxes just sitting there!!  But even more some I’m getting really anxious and nervous about babies arrival (and delivery!!). 

Anyone else have a huge weight gain in the 3rd trimester?  In the past month I’ve only gained 5lbs but 4 out of those 5lbs were in the last week, yikes!! Kinda freaks me out a bit.  I knew I was due for jump b/c I lost weight in the begining of the 3rd tri, and then was steady for weeks, but now I’m up a total of 26lbs and kinda freaking out since there’s still 8 weeks left!  (Yikes, only 8 weeks left sounds so scary!!!) 

Post # 296
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

So excited!!  I just had to share this πŸ™‚  For those of you that don’t know I am obsessed with photos and picture frames, like crazy obsessed.  photos are frozen memories in time and I can’t get enough of them πŸ™‚  Darling Husband hates the number of frames we have in our home and gets angry when I come home with a new one!  So I just sent him some links to Christmas PJ’s on Etsy that I want to get for he and I, Aiden and the dog for Christmas photos and he agreed!!  Aren’t these the cutest!! 

Darling Husband and I will wear these…I want them to be embroidered with Mom and Dad but Darling Husband wants his initials, trying to atleast get him to agree to our names…but maybe I’ll give him his way on this one πŸ™‚

For Aiden

And for the dog πŸ™‚

Post # 298
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  We have a gallery wall in our front room with about 30 frames all from our wedding, Darling Husband thinks it’s too much, but I love it.  We will slowly swap those out with pictures of the family and Aiden, and I can’t wait to do another gallery wall in the downstairs hallway with baby photos πŸ™‚  Might even add some maternity photos in there.  I actually ended up cancelling my photos in WI and booked a Chicago photographer…i think I mentioned that already, we are going to do photos over the next week or two, but I also found a free photographer looking to build her portfolio and she’s coming either Monday the 20th or 27th to do photos in our home for free, kinda excited that this all worked out so well πŸ™‚ 
    Congrats to your Darling Husband on the new job!!  Will he be able to take some time off when you first have the baby?  And sorry about the blood pressure but it totally sounds like a nerves thing.  Hope the blood test comes back normal! 

Post # 300
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  Love that…We didn’t put any pictures in Aiden’s room, but he’s got 7 frames with prints on his wall, and I’m waiting for a 5×7 frame for a little print I made for his night stand πŸ™‚  I’m sure we will eventually add photos of him and the family in the room as we get them!  Glad DH will be able to still take time off, I know not all companies are willing to hire you on and automatically give you time off…one less thing to stress out about! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors