(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 4

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 421
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
JenGirl:  slowly working my way through this thread and I LOVE the bagels announcement.  Been trying to figure out how to tell my colleagues and I would so do this if my office had a tradition.  Maybe I should start one .  Unfortunately bagles aren’t very popular here so I might be the only perso to show up.  Sorry, got a bit excited here, I love bagles.  I am really shy so i am kind of playing the game of see how long i can go before people suspect.

Post # 422
2658 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
jenspadiva:  Oh trust me, I was always terrified someone I knew would figure out who I was on here and know all my deep and dirty little secrets, haha! Don’t think it’s happened yet, but I do pay attention to people’s wedding dates and details they do share in case I might know them in real life. Mostly to keep my own identity a secret, not to stalk them, ha. Luckily I’m far enough along in this pregnancy that I’m starting to be okay with people finding out…the whole world will know by the end of March anyway. πŸ™‚ But I completely get where you’re coming from. Also, if you want to join our super secret fb group just PM one of us your email address and we can add you.

Post # 423
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
kellynn323:  Definitely could have been able to tell! It’s still early but if you see anything it’s pretty much a sure bet it’s a boy πŸ™‚  Girls are a litle harder because those 3 lines could still look like a girl but be a boy if it’s too early.  Did you get the blood test done and it came back saying girl?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  mama2.0.
Post # 424
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Has anyone found some good maternity leggings yet (not too expensive)? I have been wearing my pre pregnancy leggings (all from forever21) and after a few hours they are so uncomfortable and just cut the wrong way. I also have a short torse.

Also came down with the dreadfull cold over the weekend, jeeze does this suck πŸ™

Post # 425
3571 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
SunC19:  I bought a pair of maternity leggings from Old Navy, I think they were around $10. They’re real high in the front (come up to my bra), but the back is normal (at my waist). They’re a thicker material too, so I feel a little more covered up. I’d recommend them. I don’t think I have a particular short torso, but I’m only 5’2″ so everything is pretty much short on me lol

Post # 426
9541 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
jenspadiva:  Yeah, the bagels are a cute tradition. I would totally start a tradition at your work! It can be any kind of treat for the office: cookies, candy, chips/dip, whatever people like! It was just nice to have a way to tell everyone at once. I put a picture of the ultrasound and my due date on a sign about the bagels. And welcome to the group! I hope your amnio goes well. Even though it’s an “invasive test” it’s pretty safe (risks are way less than 1%)! I’ve seen them done and they really aren’t a big deal. Just have your partner sit down if he gets woozy around needles. Honestly, I’ve seen more problems from husbands fainting than from the actual amnios. 

Post # 427
9541 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Sorry I’ve been MIA – things have been crazy around here. We went up to visit my in-laws this weekend and told them about the pregnancy. We’ve made it through most of the close family, at this point and everyone at work. We still haven’t gotten my grandmother on the phone and I’m not sure she knows how to check voice mail on her cell phone, so we’ll just keep trying. It’s nice to be able to tell everyone.

We’re still waiting on the results of the non-invasive prenatal screening, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed about that.

We’re about half way through getting all the closets/dresser cleared out in what’s going to be the nursery. So far the donate pile has 22 pairs of pants, 14 pairs of shoes and 36 tops! And I’m only about halfway through.

We’re trying to get everything together for our ski vacation with our in-laws next week. I can’t believe it’s coming up so soon! I’m starting to get excited, I just hope I don’t get too exhausted and sore!

I’m still in regular clothes, but I’ve started using a hair tie on the button of my jeans to give myself a little more room. That’s working for now, which is good because the maternity jeans I bought are still way too big!

Post # 428
312 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
X0JLYNN03:  Thanks, I will look those up! I am only 5”!

Post # 429
1674 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

View original reply
mama2.0:  I didn’t do the blood test, we are waiting until the anatomy scan to find out and then are waiting to reveal the gender (and find out ourselves) a week later (5/2!!!).  I only noticed it on the 3D scan she did. There was definately something poking out between the legs, I went home and googled fetus anatomy 3D scans, and other probably inappropriate searches trying to find photos of babies parts that young, lol!!  I found some images that show that at 12 weeks the parts are both really puffed out so both a boy and girl look very similar at 12 weeks and the girls will fold down and flaten out (3 lines) and the boy will continue to grow outward…so it could still go either way, lo!!  Can’t remember if I posted the 3D photos but if I did you can see it on one of them!! 

Post # 430
3571 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
kellynn323:  I just got our gender reveal party invites in the mail, eeeek!! Our party is a day after yours. They turned out cute, got a great deal on Vistaprint! I’ll probably send them out the first week of April. Can’t believe it’s less than 2 months away! Have you decided how you’re doing the reveal?

Post # 431
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
kellynn323:  Oh ok.  IDK what the 3D scans are supposed to look like this early.  I know most places won’t do a 3D until later bc right now baby still looks a little scary lol (bc they’re still skinny and out of proportion).  But that’s cool that you got one! 

Post # 432
3571 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve got nursery on the brain today… even though we don’t know the gender yet, we went & browsed paint and carpet options/colors on Friday night (for a boy or girl), it was exciting! I was happy we both agreed fairly easily with each other on what we want — even though my husband said “I don’t really have a say do I? We’ll just do whatever you want.” Which is mostly true, but I’d like him to agree on it.

I’ve been sketching out ideas for how I’d like to arrange the room.. it’s not a big room, but should be penty big enough for a crib, dresser (which will act as our changing table) and a chair. I’d also like a small table next to the chair and depending what kind of room we have left maybe a small bookcase/shelving unit to store stuff.

Post # 433
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mama2.0:  Yea, the techs do a 3D scan during the NT scan, it’s just something fun for the parents πŸ™‚  We didn’t specifically go in for one, it’s still early for it, and baby did look a little scary, lol!!  But it was cool to watch the baby move in 4D, and we got a short video of baby stretching its arms and touching it’s face!

View original reply
X0JLYNN03:  That’s so exciting!!!  When is your anatomy scan?  We are doing the cutting into the cake reveal πŸ™‚  Are you doing a theme?  I’m having so much fun with little crafts to decorate, we are doing a nautical theme (DH’s idea).  We were both thinking boy from the begining, but now he thinks girl, so he’ll be wearing pink to the party and I’ll be in blue…I kind of like that we both think a different gender, it will be so exciting to see who is right!! 

Post # 434
3571 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
kellynn323:  We aren’t really having a theme.. just a bunch of pink & blue stuff. I’m going to start crafting my confetti poppers this week.. I have lots of tissue paper confetti to cut up! I don’t think either of us has a true gut feeling on the gender.. he’d like a boy & I’d like a girl, so we’re on different “teams.” I did put on the invitation for people to wear pink or blue for whichever they think it is, and I’m going to get beads for people to wear. I’m also going to have a little name suggestion jar, I think it’ll be fun to see what names people suggest, even though we’re about 95% set on our names. I have a few chalkboards & I’ll put cute sayings on them, I’m also going to make a banner to hang somewhere in the backyard – god willing we have nice weather & can all be outside! My anatomy scan is March 30, I’ll be 17ish weeks, if it’s still too early or baby isn’t cooperating we’ll have to do another in April, and it’ll be right before the party.

Post # 435
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
X0JLYNN03:  So fun!!  We also asked guests to wear pink or blue!  That’s a great idea asking for name suggestions…even if you already have them picked out…it’s always fun to hear others ideas.  Have fun, and for your sake and ours I hope the weather is nice that weekend!!  We just finally started getting decent weather this week, so fingers corssed it keeps getting nicer of the next two months!! 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors