(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 4

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 466
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I haven’t even considered that flutters might be noticeable any time soon!

Also jealous of those finding out the gender!  I will have to wait another 6 or so weeks.

Post # 467
1674 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

View original reply
X0JLYNN03:  Yea I’m living in sweaters, but most of mine are more fitted which doesn’t look good with pants too tight and a belly growing, lol!!  I’ve been rotating the same 4 sweaters that hide it better, it will have to do for now!! 

View original reply
SunC19:  It probably is noticeable πŸ™  I just had a co-worker tell me I looked so cute b/c I’m starting to show, ugh!!  She’s lika aww I can tell…thanks, didn’t really need that today! 

Post # 469
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
FreckledFox:  Thanks πŸ™‚

View original reply
jenspadiva:  We have our scan scheduled in 6 weeks on 4/24 and we won’t find out until our reveal party on 5/2!!  Does seem like so many are already finding out so early!! 

Post # 470
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
kellynn323:  Thanks goodness for sweaters right now, especially bulky ones.  I am having a hard time with my body changing, especially the chubbiness instead of a bump! I just want the cute bump to appear and then maybe I will feel better!

Post # 471
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
kellynn323:  I would not have the parience for a reveal party, I am impressed by those that do… or those going team green!

Post # 472
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jenspadiva:  Yea, I’ve been to a few reveal parties and had so much fun that I knew I wanted to do one, and being surprised with everyone else will keep me from looking at the results sooner.  My biggest fear right now is that we will see something on the anatomy scan or the doctors will accidently say congrats it’s a ….!!  In fact I’ve been having nightmares about it, lol!! 

View original reply
SunC19:  Seriously!!  I’m not ok looking fat, I’ll be just fine when I’m obviously pregnant…but this chubbyness is getting to me, I’ve always been fit and I still workout so it’s tough to see the weight come one πŸ™ 

Just wanted to update everyone…we got our blood results back for Chromosome abnormalities and Downs Syndrome, we are low risk our chances are 1 in 50,000.  I’m so glad I went ahead with the NT scan and blood work, I was worried about having it done, but I feel so much better now that my results came back low risk.  Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for your results or scans. 

Post # 473
312 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
kellynn323:  congrats on the good news! I bet it is so reassuring to hear. I am glad I am not the only one having issues with the weight gain, sometimes I feel selfish for not liking how I look, but I am just not use to it either. I also have always been fit and been on the slimmer side and now I can see rolls πŸ™ I know it will turn into an adorable bump though eventually!

Post # 474
3571 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
kellynn323:  Ditto!! I’m so nervous the dr is going to just be talking away and say “Look, there is his spine” or something along those lines, even though we’ll make it very clear we DON’T want to know at that appointment, write it down for us! It’s an honest mistake, and I know I wouldn’t be able to see the gender then continue to talk about it with refering to it as him/her.. but I really hope he doesn’t screw it up! And I hope we can’t tell ourselves, if you can see parts really good dr, tell us to look away!!

Post # 476
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
X0JLYNN03:  Yea, I’m extra nervous b/c it’s a seperate ultrasound tech from the doctor…and at that appointment I’ll be meeting with one of the other doctors not my normal doctor so who knows  what they will be like.  I will be devestated if they say something to me.  But everyone keeps assuring me these doctors do this everyday and they understand if you do not want to know, I just don’t trust them not to slip up, lol!! 

Post # 477
98 posts
Worker bee

Ladies I’m feeling emotional today!  Saw our Dr yesterday and received very welcome news that the risk for trisomy  13, 18 and 21 is very low,  1 in 10,000. So that is wonderful happy news and I’m very grateful. 

We also found out the sex.  I really believed it was a boy and was hoping for a boy.  The dr said it’s still early but he’s  90% sure it’s a girl!  I was so shocked!  Then read this article online: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/style/bringing-a-daughter-back-from-the-brink-with-poems.html?_r=0&referrer= and just about lost it at work,  haha. 

So many aspects of this pregnancy are so much harder than I imagined.  Including the body awareness  –  I absolutely relate to what you all are discussing above!  I’ve got a tummy now that just looks like I’ve put on weight,  normal pants skirts and dresses are starting to get uncomfortable! Am seeing my sister this week and will hopefully borrow some of her maternity clothes πŸ™‚ 

Hope you’re all feeling well and have a good week.  X

Post # 478
1674 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
AuckandBride2013:  Congrats on the healthy girl!!  You never know, the 20 week scan might show it’s a boy.  My sister was told she was having a boy and then later found out it was a girl…seems more likely that they would be wrong the other way around. 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors