(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 5

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What are you most excited for right now?
    Getting a cute bump! : (5 votes)
    17 %
    Feeling baby move! : (6 votes)
    20 %
    Telling friends and family! : (2 votes)
    7 %
    Finding out the gender! : (9 votes)
    30 %
    Seeing baby on the next ultrasound! : (8 votes)
    27 %
    Other, share below... : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m tagging in…! I’ve been being really cautious, but over 13 weeks, and Darling Husband spilled the beans on FB so I guess it’s safe to jump in here πŸ™‚

Firstly, congrats to all of the September Mama’s! I’ve been lurking since January πŸ™‚

ROLL CALL

How far along: 13w2d

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? Our next U/S is April 21st, at 19 weeks, but we’re still undecided πŸ™‚

Next appointment: Next Prenatal is April 2nd 

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? ; His responsible nature! I’m more the free spirit in our relationship, and he’s much more focused and grounded. Ideally is Peanut can be half way between us, would be nice! (isn’t that always the way??)

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) ; I’m East Indian by Heritage, so I’m guessing Peanut will have brown eyes, black hair and darker skin.  We are secretly hoping by some small chance Peanut gets DH’s beautiful blue eyes though! 

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? Apparently everyone lol. At first we were very careful, but Darling Husband couldn’t wait to make the news Public. After the U/S and hearing Peanuts heartbeat, we were more relaxed, so he shared our baby reveal (a spin on an NCAA Bracket) on his facebook yesterday! 

Happy and Healthy Pregnancies ladies! This thread moves fast, so I’m going to try to keep up! I might not note as much, but I’ll keep reading πŸ™‚ 

Post # 3
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Hey! Thanks for starting this!

Will you find out the gender?Yep

If you already have, what are you having? I have the envelope, but have not opened. We will find out at the gender reveal on Easter. 

Next appointment: 3/24

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? His stability. When it comes to paying bills, saving money, his temperment, and demeanor in general he is wonderfully responsible and predictable. Everything I’m not. Funny enough, he wants our baby to have my sense of whimsy and extroverted disposition. 

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color

We both have brown hair and brown eyes. I hope our baby gets his hair though. He has beautiful hair πŸ™‚

Who have you told that you’re pregnant?

Close family and friends. I may FB announce on Saturday. I will be 14 weeks. <br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” /><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” />

Post # 4
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Almost 15 weeks.

Next appointment March 20th.

Will definitely find out the gender.

Personality:  D H’s logical mind, my patience.

Looks: Brown hair and eyes are a safe bet.

I have told family, selected few friends and now my colleagues.

Post # 5
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

How far along: 15 weeks today!

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? We are having a baby girl!

Next appointment: 6 days away…seems like it’s taken forever this time around. Our 16 week appointment is next Tuesday.

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? My sweet, nurturing and loving disposition and DHs determination and loyalty.

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) I would guess dark hair (DH is half Sicilian) and a lot of it! Hopefully my green eyes and nose. Maybe DHs lips. Darling Husband says he hopes she’s exactly like me so we will see. I’d be perfectly fine having a mini-me!

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? Everyone! Family, friends, work and facebook.

Feel free to post your most recent ultrasound or bump pic!

The most recent picture is from last week…

Post # 6
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

ROLL CALL

How far along:  13 weeks 3 days

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having?  Absolutely finding out and can’t wait.  Anatomy scan is scheduled for 4/24, but we won’t find out until our reveal party on 5/2!!!  I think it’s a boy, Darling Husband thinks it’s a girl, we will be thrilled either way!! 

Next appointment: March 31st

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits?  DH’s outgoing and determined spirit, my loyality and compassion.

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color)  Darling Husband and I both have dark hair so I’m guessing baby will have dark hair as well, I hope baby gets my husbands blue eyes!!  I hope the baby is a perfect mix of the two of us!! 

Who have you told that you’re pregnant?  Everyone, we announced on FB and most people in my office know, I didn’t make it a big deal to announce to everyone at work. 

Thanks for starting a new thread!! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

jenm2be:  Awww, you are still so tiny!!  My bump looks about the same as yours, just a little bigger and I’m two weeks behind you!  I bet you won’t start really showing for a while, lucky!! 

Post # 8
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

ROLL CALL

How far along: 13w 2d

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? We will find out in a month!

Next appointment: March 16th!

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? DH- Smarts, hair type, nose, ingentuity. Myself- My freckles, my sense of humor, my height, my metabolism, eye color, my sense of adventure.

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color). Probably Dark hair, most likely curly since it seems to be dominate in my family. Hopefully light eyes, pale skin. Big head seems to be dominate in DHs family.

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? Pretty much everyone I talk to! My friends and family know and most close coworkers. We haven’t done a FB announcement yet. Maybe soon.

Feel free to post your most recent ultrasound or bump pic! I don’t have a good bump right now. It’s sort of disappeared… so here is babys photo  πŸ™‚

Post # 9
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

kellynn323:  Ahhh, thank you! You seriously just made my day. I’m also finding it hard to be putting on a little extra weight. It’s odd because I’ve spent my adult life watching my calories and working out consistently in effort to maintain my weight. Now that I’m seeing it on the scale it makes me have tiny freak outs. To be honest though you can’t even really tell I’m pregnant yet. The bump will come and as for the weight, I’m just going to have to learn to embrace it for baby girl! I think it will be exciting to see how all of our bodies carry these babies….everyone is so different!

Post # 11
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

kellynn323:  I’m also seeing a different doctor for my anatomy scan.. so that makes me nervous he won’t “understand” to find out but not say anything. But like you said, these doctors do this every day, I’m sure he can handle it! My doctor said to me “It’ll be fun, because you’ll get to tell me the sex of the baby, I won’t know anything before you!” 

Post # 12
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

How far along: 15w! I’ve got an orange in there!

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? Yes we will, May 3rd at our gender reveal party!

Next appointment: March 30th, anatomy scan & regular appointment as well

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits?

Mine: organized, responsible, kind

His: laid back, friendly, hard worker

<br />If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) Dark hair – lots of hair! I’m fair skinned with lots of freckles, he tans nicely.. so I hope the baby gets his skin tone! Probably not too tall.. overall a smaller frame, and of course freakin adorable πŸ™‚

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? The entire world lol

Feel free to post your most recent ultrasound or bump pic! I already posted this one, but I like it so I’ll post it again πŸ™‚ Not too much of a bump there yet

Post # 13
    789 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

MrsFairyBee:  Thanks for the new thread! Also that calendar is amazing…

ROLL CALL

How far along: 11w1d today!

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? We absolutely will be finding out but we havent even had our first u/s so idk when that will even be!

Next appointment: March 19th for the fist u/s πŸ™‚

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? Definitely his sense of responsibility, book smarts and his loving nature and my easy going personality, non judgmental ways and imagination.

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) This gets us all the time. My husband was born in Trinidad to Black and Chinese parents. I’m born in Canada to a Czech father and mexican mother sooo….

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? 3 of my best friends and my hubby’s 2 cousins

Feel free to post your most recent ultrasound or bump pic: In one week I’ll have one FINALLY!!!

Post # 14
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  Haha, please let them not slip up!!  I seriously have nightmares about it, I need to relax!!  And you are also still tiny!!  Please let me stay that small by week 15, I feel like I’m two weeks ahead of the game with my bump.  But my tummy was never flat to begin with, I’ve always had a little extra padding, still a size 4 at 5’9 so skinny, but definately more skinny fat than inshape and toned.  This weight gain is hard for me!! 

jenm2be:  I freak out whenever I weigh myself in the evenings!!  I prefer first thing in the morning w/out clothes on, I’m usually 3-5lbs lighter that way.  The numbers are scary, and I usually don’t weigh myself but I want to make sure I’m not gaining too quickly so I’ve been checking daily.  I’m not a fan of being over 140, I was averaging 138 in the morning and 141 in the evening but I’m getting up to 141 in the morning now πŸ™ 

Post # 15
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee

kellynn323:  I was always under the impression if you were smaller you’d show sooner.. there’s less room for things to go so you’d show sooner.. guess not. I’m 5’2″ and was around 125 when I became pregnant.. I honestly don’t know my weight now, I’m afraid to look lol I’d guess around 130. But yeah, the bump is taking much longer to show than I expected. But when talking to girlfriends most say it took 15-20 weeks to show, some even longer. So I guess it can be normal. I should be happy I don’t have a big belly yet, but I want to look pregnant.

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors