(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 5

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What are you most excited for right now?

Getting a cute bump!

Feeling baby move!

Telling friends and family!

Finding out the gender!

Seeing baby on the next ultrasound!

Other, share below...

• Post # 136
    390 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

How far along: 12wks

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? We will find out in may

Next appointment: March 19th

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? I hope he/she inherits my free sprit and DH loving attitude 

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) Blonde hair blue eyes and my nose lol 

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? EVERYONE! Just annouced on facebook today

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/september-2015-mamas-to-be-part-5/#ixzz3UKKw6Pbh

Post # 137
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Well,I weighed myself for thr first time in months yesterday, and I am certainly gaining the recommended amount of weight even though I don’t look pregnant at all (I never gain weight in my stomach, when I have been heavier I get chubby face and keep flat stomach)… I know some of it is just from being lazy which I will admit I have been since November due to depression, but what does recommend weight gain consist of at this point?  I just read that other women who show late tend to gain less weight but I am right on target so perhaps I actually should not be gaining so much yet?  Either way, need to get an exercise routine back.  No reason to continue being lazy.

Post # 138
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

First official bump pic! I am 14 weeks today and feeling especially bumpy! My closet mirror is not the best for pics, but here is me and my jelly bean leaving the house to catch a flight to Vegas πŸ™‚

Post # 139
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

View original reply
    Bellagiobride:  cute bump! I’ll be 14 weeks tomorrow!! Have fun in Vegas πŸ™‚

Post # 140
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Thank you! We will have a ball for sure. Even though everyone keeps asking me, WTH are you going to do in Vegas? You don’t gamble and now, you can’t drink! I feel sorry for those people who think there are only a couple of things to do in Vegas. It’s like, have you ever really been?!? Tons to do! 

Post # 141
    2536 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Bellagiobride:  I very rarely drink when not pregnant and I don’t gamble but I would love to go to Las Vegas! I would love to see all the lights and I hear that it isn’t actually that expensive there (if you aren’t drinking or gambling!) Hope you have a great time!

Post # 142
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

Well ladies I just had my first hormonal and crazy breakdown!! I spent the evening and night at a friends house last night and my DH went out with friends to celebrate St Paddys day, well instead of going to a bar they ordered pizza and drank at our house…so I get home this morning to pizza boxes and dishes everywhere and all of my 33oz smart waters gone!!  And my prenatals had been moved!  I was livid, I cleaned the dishes then went downstairs and started balling my eyes out and telling DH husband that no one can come in to our house without my permission and that no one can touch my things or drink my water!!  I just kept going on about how upset I was, at this point half laughing bc I can hear how stupid it sounds but seriously still upset and crying!!  Please tell me I am not alone!!!

i mean those water bottles are for me to make sure I drink enough water in the weekends bc I forget to drink water πŸ™

Post # 143
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Awww, that sucks! I think pregnant or not I would flip out over that! But then I’m super private and territorial about my space, lol. It would freak me out that people came over without my knowledge and touched all my stuff. I think it’s totally reasonable to want a heads up before people come over and for them not to drink all your smart water! I hope your DH goes out and buys you some more asap πŸ™‚

Post # 144
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

We went to a baby consignment sale yesterday and got a really nice, dark wood glider for $80. It was missing some bolts in the footrest, but it was easy for my husband to find replacements at the hardware store. After a quick once over with wood polish and a fabric cleaner, it’s set up and I love it! It makes the room a little tight, so we’ll have to see how it works once the crib’s in there. But I think it’ll be nice to have a chair in the nursery.

Also, I got a bunch of maternity tops and nursing bras which are in the laundry. I’m hoping to get through this pregnancy without spending a fortune on clothes I’ll only wear for a few months, so I’m excited to find some used options! Plus, we got a ton of onsies and sleepers, so we’ve got a good start on clothes for once baby gets here. 

Post # 145
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve been MIA lately but I’m finally checking in to do the roll call. I love this set of questions! I had my second appointment last Friday the 6th and we heard the heartbeat (about 167) and everything seemed fine. The midwife felt my uterus from the outside and said if I walked in off the street with no clue how far along I was, she’d have guessed 16-18 weeks based on its size! So Poppyseed is apparently growing well in there! I also had blood drawn for the regular bloodwork and also for the NIPS (Verifi). The regular bloodwork all came back fine and we’re still waiting on the Verifi results.

How far along: 15 weeks, 4 days

Will you find out the gender? If you already have, what are you having? We will find out but we won’t tell anyone IRL so we can hopefully avoid being inundated with super gendered gifts.

Next appointment: March 27

What aspects of you and SO’s personalities do you hope your child inherits? DH’s kindness, generosity, and friendliness and my intelligence, curiosity, and self-reliance.

If you had to guess, what do you think your baby will look like? (certain features, hair/eye color) Well, my DH has 100% Armenian ancestry and he has black (super thick, curly if it gets long) hair, brown eyes, and pale olive skin. I’m your typical US American caucasian “mutt” with medium brown curly hair, blue eyes, and a pale but warm-toned complexion. I’m guessing dark curly hair, brown eyes, and light skin. DH’s sister who looks just like him recently had a baby with her fiancé who has similar coloring to me and our nephew has brown eyes but really light brown hair so far, so who knows! I really hope our baby inherits DH’s incredibly thick, lush, long black eyelashes and giant pretty eyes. It would also be super cool if s/he got blue or green eyes but I don’t hold out any hope for that! We are both 5’8″ so I hope if it’s a boy he inherits my family’s tall genes, lol. 

Who have you told that you’re pregnant? All of our family and most of our close friends. We still have a few friends to tell in person or by phone/text before we post on facebook.

Feel free to post your most recent ultrasound or bump pic! Here’s me yesterday at 15+3, finally looking pregnant and not just chunky, haha πŸ™‚ I bought my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday and I’m excited to try them out today!

Post # 146
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    CaraLeah:  thanks for making me feel better πŸ˜‰ and super cute bump!!

View original reply
    JenGirl:  what a great deal! Glad your shopping trip was successful. I’m really itching to start setting up and buying things for the nursery but holding off till we know the gender, 6 more weeks…   I wish I could control myself with maternity shopping, I got a lot of clothes for cheap but I’ve also splurged on a few items as well!!

Post # 147
    2536 posts
    Sugar bee

We just did our Facebook announcement so are now officially pregnant. Here it is for those of you not on FB.

Post # 148
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Yeah, we hadn’t looked at gliders, so we weren’t really sure if it was a good deal, at the time, but I think we lucked out! We’re team green, so we’re just planning a gender neural nursery. What are you thinking about for boy vs girl? And I hope your husband had replaced your Smart Waters!

Post # 149
    58 posts
    Worker bee

Hi bees

just popping over from the October mamas board. There are quite a few of us with bad MS. I was wondering how you are all feeling now you’re past the 12 week stage?! Thanks! 

Post # 150
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    JenGirl:  no smart water replacement πŸ™ but he did order me some nachos since I’ve been craving them like crazy this week…

for or a girl this is my inspiration 

And boy something along these lines…

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors