(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What activity are you most looking forward to this summer?
    Spending time gardening/working in the yard/enjoying the patio : (7 votes)
    19 %
    Lounging by the pool/at the beach : (10 votes)
    27 %
    Getting the house baby-ready : (16 votes)
    43 %
    Sweating in 90* heat while feeling like Shamu ;) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 76
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

X0JLYNN03:  That’s good to know about the placentas. I won’t know about mine until the anatomy scan in a month so if I don’t feel baby much or at all until then I’ll keep that in mind. We’ll probably do a guessing pool like that closer to September when the hype is getting high. ๐Ÿ™‚ I always love doing those for other people at showers and online.

kellynn323: That’s a terrible dream, I bet you were so worried when you woke up. Glad your appointment went well. Excited for our 16 wk apt. this Friday! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

lovemymr2014:  Stay strong on Team Green, I admire you!

Post # 77
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I think I’ve felt movement a good bit the past week (17 weeks) it’s a strange sensation.  Feels somewhat like how your stomach drops when you go over a hill.  that and a fish flopping.

Post # 78
    1102 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

X0JLYNN03:  lighthing crotch! I just really LOL’d reading that!

This may be Too Much Information, but I hope my fellow September Mama To-Bees get a laugh out of it!

So it finally happened. I have bad allergies, and it’s allergy season so I’ve been doing a lot more violent sneezing than before. I think you bees know where this is headed! Darling Husband and I were on the couch watching a movie, and I had JUST peed. So I wasn’t expecting it, at all. Out of nowhere I had a sneeze attack and on the last sneeze, the most violent of the sneezes, it happened. I peed a bit. I was so shocked I just got up and ran to the bathroom. I checked out the situation, cleaned up and changed some things and came back to Darling Husband laughing so hard he couldn’t catch his breath! He of course relentlessy teased me… And we laughed about it. The worst part is I’ve been doing kegels for about 15 years! So I didn’t even think this would happen (let alone so early!)… I guess I just didn’t time the sneeze to the clench. I have no idea. Anyways, Darling Husband keeps rubbing my belly and saying ‘Careful on your Mama’s bladder Peanut!’ 

Happy Hump day Mama-bees ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 79
    2522 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

MadameHibou:  I sneezed and peed the other day too! Actually it’s happened twice now but the second time I managed to stop it! Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

Post # 80
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

preppysouthernbride:  That’s what mine felt like the first time (if it was in fact baby :))

MadameHibou:  Awww, don’t worry about it…it happens to me all the time even when I’m not pregnant.  I always joke that I’ll be in depends by the time I’m 40, ugh!  The worst was one time in crossfit doing 3 rounds of 100 jump ropes and each time I would land after about 50 jumps i would pee a little, I was terrified my pants would be soaked by the time I finished ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 82
    789 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

MadameHibou:  hahaha aww i love this story! Thanks for reminding me about kegels!!!

Post # 83
    789 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Are any of you going to be travelling in the summer to somewhere hot? I’m surprising my hubby for his 30th bday with a trip to New Orleans July 27-31. I’ve heard it can get HOT…90F/32C kind of hot. Any tips? I’m probably crazy for planning this..

Post # 84
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

mrsalexander:  We are going to Puerto Rico in May, kind of different though b/c we will be at the pool/beach all day in bathing suits ๐Ÿ™‚  I wouldn’t be too worried about the weather, more the humidity…I’ve never been to New Orleans, but I imagine it’s humid…?  Just drink lots of water and take it easy, Have fun on the trip!! 

Post # 85
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

mrsalexander:  We live an hour away from NOLA and visit there often! I would say hotter actually or at least it feels like it with the humidity. Not a lot of airflow going through there with the crowds and the hot asphalt/sidewalks at all so it’s rather stuffy and extremely hot. Wear comfy shoes is my biggest tip and I always try to stay away from open toed shoes (NOLA is quite dirty to be honest). We have a beach trip planned for July and a few other ones sprinkled around the early part of summer. No big trip for a babymoon booked yet!

Post # 86
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

MadameHibou:  I love your accent wall! Darling Husband did so good…we had the same idea in mind if we ended up having a boy. Now we’re all pink, haha.

kellynn323:  Puerto Rico….jealous! I have been daydreaming about The Dominican lately. That’s where we honeymooned and Darling Husband and I were looking at photos on our anniversary. Now I can’t get it out of my head. I’m in need of a tropical vacay!

Post # 87
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

X0JLYNN03:  Great info about placentas! 

MadameHibou:  Hehehehe. That was a very well told story! I my time is coming!

For the gender guesses: At this point I’m guessing girl. But we’ve got a long way to go, so that may change. This is based mostly on the fact that my husband and I have 8 million ideas for girls names and don’t agree at all, so our luck will give us a girl. 

If you know the gender: Finding out at birth

Sweet (girl) or Salty/Sour/Spicy (boy) cravings?: Boy! But I always prefer salty. And I have been eating more chocolate chip cookies than usual…

Morning sickness (girl) or no morning sickness (boy): Girl…Kinda. I had relatively mild morning sickness

Gender Calendar: Boy

Breakouts (girl) or clear skin (boy): Definitely Girl! My skin’s never been this bad in my entire life! Not even as a teenager!

Carrying high (girl) or low (boy): No clue

Fast heartbeat (girl) slower heartbeat (boy): Girl. 155-165 last time. One of my coworkers said “It’s going to be a girl” when she heard the heartbeat.

Sympathy weight – Yes (girl) or no (boy):  Boy. My husband is annoying thing and has a high metabolism. 

Less clumsy (girl) more clumsy (boy): Boy. I was already amazingly clumsy before pregnancy, but I can feel my joints loosening even more and know I’m getting more clumsy. 

So that’s 4 for boy and 3 for girl! We may do some sort of running bet with friends/family.

Post # 88
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Hi Ladies- Hoping I can turn to you vent for a moment. For some reason I have been worrying a lot lately. I was fontunuate to have so many ultrasounds in the begining of the pregnancy and it definitely helped for reassurance. Now that I have not had one since my 13 week testing I worry that something could have gone wrong. I am currenly 16w2d and my next appt is on 4/7 (no ultrasound) and I cannot wait to go to at least hear the heatbeaat. I have not felt any baby movement yet that I know of. Has anyone else felt this way. I keep trying to think positive thoughts but keep worrying.

Post # 89
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

BrookeClouser:  Your reveal party theme is super cute!! When are you doing the reveal?  Seems like a buch of us are the first weekend in May!! 

Post # 90
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

SunC19:  Try not to worry.  Every once and while I will get nervous that something has gone wrong, but missed MC’s are really rare and you would most likely know if something went wrong.  There’s a reason they only have you come in every 4 weeks to check in…at this point you should be just fine.  Easier said then done not to worry, but maybe try to focus on positive things, like decorating the nursery or starting your registry? 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors