(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What activity are you most looking forward to this summer?

Spending time gardening/working in the yard/enjoying the patio

Lounging by the pool/at the beach

Getting the house baby-ready

Sweating in 90* heat while feeling like Shamu ;)

• Post # 91
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Hi ladies πŸ™‚ I have a LOT to catch up with! You guys are pretty chatty I like it LOL

So this morning, as I was bending down to pick something off the floor, I experienced what can only be described as a stabbing pain in my lower stomach. was SO bizarre. It only lasted a couple minutes.  Would this be what Round Ligament Pain is?

Post # 92
    767 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
    SunC19:  It’s extremely common for a lot of women to not feel the baby until 20 weeks or later, so don’t worry about not feeling anything yet – that’s pefectly normal!  It’s also perfectly normal to worry about anything and everything as moms πŸ™‚ Hugs!

Post # 93
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

View original reply
    daisybee90:  Not sure what round ligament pain is exactly, but I experienced something similar the other night I rolled over from my left to my right side and my stomach area just above my hips got really sore, like a stabbing pulling sensation that made me freeze and I couldn’t move for about 30 seconds until it stopped.  Never felt anything like that before…

Post # 94
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    daisybee90:  Just looked up round ligament pain on webMD and sounds like that is exactly what we both experienced.  Nothing to be worried about at least! πŸ™‚

Post # 96
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  That makes me giggle everytime I see that πŸ™‚  Luckily I haven’t experienced that yet, but I think you are a week ahead of me so maybe it’s coming…

Post # 98
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
    kellynn323:  
    View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Glad to know I’m not alone πŸ˜‰

Post # 99
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Haha, good for him, lol!  My husband is finally realizing that he needs to just shut up and let me vent about my changing body and not comment when he notices something unpleasent happening with me….like I already know about it, I don’t need to be reminded that everyone else notices things too.  Today I had 4 different people say to me I’m showing, one person even said something along the lines of being huge, well sure I look pregnant today if you know me (if not I look like I’ve got a little belly), but huge, I don’t think so! I thought I looked good today with my little tiny bump, ugh!! 

Post # 101
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Yea I guess it goes both ways…I’m sure people are trying to be nice by saying you aren’t showing, which makes you feel like did they always think I looked chubby?  And then others are honest and say how cute it is that you are showing, which makes you feel fat too…You can’t win!  I’m actually happy with the way my bump is starting to show, I’ve had a few days were I thought it was barely noticeable but super cute!  But it’s still awful at the gym…

Post # 103
    1113 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    daisybee90:  
    View original reply
    kellynn323:  Sounds like its Round Ligament to me also. I’m of the lucky bunch that had this before I was pregnant…! I can’t say why, but when I would sneeze it happened every now and again!

Huge, really? A little rude! But if you’re exceptionally tiny and just started showing maybe they meant it that way… in a ‘nice’ way, if that’s possible?

Thanks for the support after my story bees! I just thought it would be fun to share πŸ™‚

Post # 104
    820 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

My goodness it’s been a while since I checked in. 18 weeks today and our anatomy scan is on Monday πŸ˜€ We don’t find out sex but it will still be nice to see our little bean. I’ve already started seeing a chiropractor for pregancy related aches and it’s doing wonders. I’m hoping it also helps quiken the labour/delivery phase. We’re delivering in a birth center connected to our midwife practice and I am so excited. <br /><br />I’m so happy to see all your stories and read about your healthy babies πŸ™‚

Post # 105
    767 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Aw they don’t mean it in a bad way.  I’ve had a few people at work say “wow your baby belly popped out all of a sudden!” and to me I’ve been showing since like week 8 (16 weeks now) lol.  Some people just notice all of a sudden.  I had an older woman at work say “you really dropped all of a sudden!!” almost every day towards the end of my pregnancy.  Really – every day I all of a sudden “dropped”?? Especially since DS was at my knees the entire time… haha.  My Mother-In-Law said I wouldn’t look so big if I didn’t wear such tight clothes last time.  So that’s nice to hear.  And by “tight clothes” she just meant maternity clothes I guess, since that’s what I had on instead of a mumu people in her day wore lol. 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors