(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What activity are you most looking forward to this summer?

Spending time gardening/working in the yard/enjoying the patio

Lounging by the pool/at the beach

Getting the house baby-ready

Sweating in 90* heat while feeling like Shamu ;)

• Post # 107
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Love your gender reveal decoration! So pretty and what a nice memory to have!

Your Easter weekend plans sound lovely πŸ™‚ I’m also used to my husband working on holidays, he’s in route sales. However, he has Easter off this year. We’ll be going to my parents to hang out with them and my siblings and have a yummy dinner. DH’s parents live in Florida (we’re in NJ) so we rarely get to see them. We’re also a bit behind the times, but we’re finally revealing on Facebook on Easter. I was hesitant earlier due to my mc last year. But I’m 16 weeks today, just saw the baby this week and have a pretty good bump so I’m finally feeling confident. 

It IS crazy to think about having a baby at the next Easter… And Christmas and everything else! It’s so amazing and surreal. I can’t wait πŸ™‚

Post # 108
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  it’s so crazy!  Next Easter we will be planning adorable easter outfits and the following year chasing them around Easter egg hunts!

Post # 110
    2658 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

We had our 16 wk. appointment this morning. HB was 144 and she found it right away. Even commented on how loose my jeans were for being pregnant…oh well, first baby is taking their time popping out mommy’s baby bump. It only really pops out after eating and that’s just my stomach, not really baby, haha. Anyway, we scheduled our anatomy scan and apt. for May 1st! I’m so dang excited to see baby again. Last time was 7+5…so long ago. I also need to go get blood during the 17th week for quad screen and other tests.

DH doesn’t want to find out the gender at our gender reveal party in front of all those people. He thinks that should just be for everyone else. I wanted to find out at the party though. He said I still could but he wanted to know before. Humph. So we need to figure out a compromise because I want to find out with him. So maybe we’ll do what Fox is doing and have our own little reveal just the two of us before sharing at the party.

Post # 112
    107 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Oops, with the facebook group I havent been checking in on here as often. Here is my roll call:

How far along and fruit size: 15 Weeks

Next apt: May 5th to find out gender!

Gender reveal plans: Since our scan is just before Mother’s day we will probably do something small with our family, I like the dart at a balloon idea.

Nursery status: This is our second baby, Number 1 is going to be two years old in two weeks and is still occupying the nursery. Our plan is to have her out and into her own room by July or so. Thankfully the nursery is done, but not the other room. 

How are you feeling? Always thirsty! I come home from work and am exhausted. I often fall alseep on the couch around 8:30-9:00. I have also been waking up in the middle of the night (3:00-4:00) and am wide awake!

View original reply
    kellynn323: We are guessing Girl. 

Post # 114
    2658 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    Silveramos:  I also wake up in the early morning wide awake, no clue why! It’s getting a little annoying.

Post # 115
    1113 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee:  I love the idea of sharing that moment of finding out just DH and I. But we don’t have amy family around us, and we’re used to sharigg special moments between just us! I can see it being exciting in both respects though! 

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03: Beautiful decor!!

i know some Bees have baby related appointments and reveals this weekend, so I wish you guys all the happiness and good wishes on this long weekend πŸ™‚ DH and I are headed to mountains, but I’ll try to keep a look in here and so how all of the lovely mama-to-bees are doing!

Happy long weekend! 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  MadameHibou.
    Post # 116
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee:  Yes! I was afraid of my reaction (DH too of his) so we decided like you said. A nice reveal just us, and an interactive game reveal for the family. Or if you think your DH can keep it secret, maybe only he finds out before?

Sorry for the lack of posts! I wasn’t getting updates from this thread! oops!

Post # 117
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  
    View original reply
    kellynn323:  I have coworkers that just stare at my stomach. They don’t say anything. I’ve taken to calling them out on it. They’re like wow! They see more of a bump than I do. 

View original reply
    Sweethart:  Ate you team green? I forget. We had to keep ourselves from seeing gender at my 16 week scan!

Post # 118
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
    MadameHibou:  Lol to your sneezing story!! I haven’t peed yet but I will admit to tons if burps and gas passed in front of my DH. He’s too sweet and completely ignores it even though we both know it just happened haha

View original reply
    SunC19:  I feel the same way! I had do many early U/S, that when too much time would pass I would think terrible thoughts. At my last prenatal appt they found the heartbeat right away and it eased my fears! The 7th is almost here!

View original reply
    mrsalexander:  We are going 2 hours away to a lake house in PA With DHs family in July. I’ll be about 30 weeks. Hopefully it’s not too hot!

Post # 119
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Every time I think about no kicks yet, I wonder if my placenta is anterior. My friend had that and her daughter still kicked up a storm eventually! So you’ll feel it too πŸ™‚ 

Also my other friend did not have anterior placenta and didn’t feel baby with certainty til 24 weeks!! So no fretting ladies!

Sorry for the crazy catchup posts!

If you know the gender: We find out 4/28!

Sweet (girl) or Salty/Sour/Spicy (boy) cravings?: salt and spicy!! Boy<br />

Morning sickness (girl) or no morning sickness (boy): Boy

Gender Calendar: Boy

Breakouts (girl) or clear skin (boy): boy maybe. My breakouts just started now but not a ton. <br />

Carrying high (girl) or low (boy): Boy<br />

Fast heartbeat (girl) slower heartbeat (boy): what’s considered fast? Over 150? 157- girl?<br />

Sympathy weight – Yes (girl) or no (boy) – boy I think <br />

Less clumsy (girl) more clumsy (boy): Boy<br />

The fact that almost all are not make me skeptical and I wanna say girl. But I swear I saw boy parts at the last U/S…

Post # 120
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

Good morning ladies!  Hope you all enjoyed your Easter weekend!  It’s crazy to think that next year we will have little ones of our own and the holiday will be so different!  We actually took it easy on Sunday and stayed home and made a nice Ham dinner with lots of yummy sides and deserts πŸ™‚  I also got a ton of work done in the to be nursery.  I had the closet filled with stuff from our wedding and boxes from our move last May that haven’t been un-packed yet.  I’m down to just two boxes and my wedding dress left in the closet!  After our reveal on May 2nd we plan on taking down the queen bed and order our nursery furniture, so excited!! 

Post # 121
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

Good morning ladies! I’ve been trying to catch up on this post. We visited family over the Easter weekend. Overall we had a great long holiday weekend away. I hope everyone else did too! DH and I did a memorial 5k on Saturday for his best friend who passed away in Afghanistan and man am I sore! I typically stick to the treadmill and getting out on the pavement with the hills really made a difference. I’m just now feeling the tiredness wearing off too. No news to report…we have one more week left until we see baby girl again for our 20 week anatomy scan! It’s been since 6 weeks 5 days and I’m dying to see her! Tuesday can’t get here fast enough.

Post # 122
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

Hello! Easter here was good as well. I cannot wait for next year. πŸ™‚ I’m already stalking out cute easter outfits. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors