(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?
    Wine! : (14 votes)
    38 %
    Beer! : (8 votes)
    22 %
    A mixed drink! : (6 votes)
    16 %
    Give me a shot! : (0 votes)
    Margarita! : (5 votes)
    14 %
    I don't drink, but I like polls :) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 451
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Okay, when everyone was doing this I hadn’t revealed yet so I’m just catching up on it for my own curiosity. We are having a GIRL.

1. Carrying high (girl) or low (boy) – I think high, so that’s correct.

2. Craving sweets (girl) or salty (boy) – I was craving salty, almost was repulsed by sweets for a while,so that’s incorrect for me.

3. “Stealing your beauty”/skin breaking out yes (girl) no (boy) – OMG yes!

4. Baking soda/pee test no fizz (girl) fizzed (boy) – I didn’t do this, sounded gross, lol.

5. Heartbeats higher than 140 (girl) lower (boy) – It was always higher.

6. Chinese gender chart – Mine said girl, so it was correct!

7. Has your husband gained weight yes (girl) no (boy) – He’s been working on loosing weight so no.

8. Morning sickness yes (girl) no (boy) – Yes, ugh.

So 5/7 were correct for girl! The ones I really paid attention to were the cravings, skin complexion, heartrate, Chinese Calendar, and MS…for some reason I gave those more weight in my mind than others. And even with all those pointing to girl, I was still convinced it was a boy, ha! I was definitely super surprised when the tech said girl!

Post # 453
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee

X0JLYNN03:  Yay! I think we need to start that next weekend, go check things out at the store. Darling Husband will be thrilled, ha! My SIL just scheduled my first baby shower for June 28th so now I’m feeling the pressure to register. Time to start doing research!

Post # 454
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

For those who have started their registry, and went with a travel system stroller which one did you pick, typically those with 3 wheels (jogger like). It is so hard to pick one!

Post # 456
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee

X0JLYNN03:  Yeah, that will probably be my approach too. I just need to get out there and see what there is to choose from! Walk down an aisle with a stroller, carry a baby carrier, practice using different carrying wraps on a doll to see which I might like, etc.

Post # 457
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Bored on my lunch break…..

Dh has been really sick this week – we think flu so I am very happy I had my flu shot…. but this morning he was a bit more alive and mentioned hopefully feeling well enough to look at baby stuff in person at the weekend (we keep kind of chickening in out… Once we get in a store we feel like outsiders and don’t want to touch anything) which I thought was really sweet because normally baby shopping seems at the back of his mind… so I love that he brought it up himself even while feeling lousy.

On another note…. sometimes I feel more like I am adopting a baby than actually pregnant at all.  I haven’t felt anything since I thought I might have a few weeks ago so I kinda just feel like I gained a lot of belly weight and aside from thinking about baby all day long I still have a hard time believing I am pregnant!  Anyone else?

Post # 458
    2663 posts
    Sugar bee

jenspadiva:  I’m sorry your Darling Husband is sick, hopefully it stays away from you! We need to go look at stuff in the store too. It’s nice your Darling Husband brought it up, that is sweet. I might have to drag mine there but I think he’ll have a little fun practicing with strollers and such once he gets there. 🙂

I felt like I wasn’t really pregnant for the longest time because my bump took forever to “come in,” but now that it has and I’m feeling baby girl move a lot and I have photographic proof from our anatomy scan it’s not so hard to believe anymore.

Also, I’m wearing my first pair of maternity jeans today ladies. When I bought them and tried them on a few months or so ago I laughed at how I’d probably never fit into them…well, somehow I do now, ha! Might need to go get another pair even! 😉

Post # 460
    358 posts
    Helper bee

MrsFairyBee:  Maternity jeans are the greatest invention. I have one pair of dark skinny jeans and one pair of straight leg jeans. The straight leg ones are soooo comfy! The material feels like they’ve been worn for years, plus they are a little bigger. They are my go-to for running errands. 

Post # 461
    358 posts
    Helper bee

X0JLYNN03:  Sorry registering wasn’t as fun as you were hoping. Personally I find registering to be a little stressful. I did most of the big stuff online because I like to research and read reviews. When we went to the store I did more of the little stuff, like bedding and clothes.

Post # 462
    2517 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

X0JLYNN03:  sorry registering wasn’t the experience you were hoping for. Hopefully you can still have fun with your online registry.

mrsmbeegee:  Totally agree with the comfiness of maternity jeans/trousers. I’ve been wearing them fora good few months now…love em!

Yesterday was a mixture of good and bad. I got up from a chair at work and was suddenly hit with an immense pain in the left side of my groin that made walking a bit bothersome and painful. Thinking it was just from sitting quite low down (I work with 4-5 year olds) I hoped it would ease but sadly not. At one point I could barely do anything comfortably and actually spent 3 hours awkwardly lying/sitting waiting for the doctor to ring. The doctor rang and said he thought it was muscular-skeletal and to take paracetamol and it should ease within 24-48 hours. I took some and the pain from my groin eased and so far I haven’t felt it since (over 12 hours) unless I have bent in a particular way and then its a dull ache. Sadly the pain has shifted and is now on my left side, mainly under my ribs, but sometimes to my hip too, and it makes walking and going from sitting to standing a longer process than usual. Treating it with paracetamol, hot water bottle and gentle movements. Hopefully a day/weekend of mostly rest will help a lot.

Onto the good news! We have managed to obtain a free chair for feediing from a friend of ours. It’s not a proper feeding chair like a slider but it does bounce/rock and she used it for feeding her daughter and said it got the job done. Also Darling Husband felt maybe move for the first time! We were lying in bed and I felt baby jiggle around so I thought Id give it a try with DHs hand. Nothing happened to start with and then I felt a movement and a minute later, Darling Husband said, “I think I felt something then….was there something?” Then she moved again soon after and immediately he said, “I felt that.” Really pleased he has now managed to feel movement because so far he hasn’t. She either goes shy or wasnt in the right position.

Post # 463
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Another quiet weekend on this thread, I will jump in!

Dh and I physically touched strollers for the first time this weekend, we are pretty happy to go with the city mini GT. .. The only downside seems to be that it seems unnecessarily huge with a car seat attached but it is still looking like the best option.

With Dh being sick the man cave is still a man cave but I think he recognises that we need to get a move on things.

Upon telling someone we were having a boy they responded “I hope you are not buying all blue things” and I realised…. well, with an outerspace theme blue makes sense for the walls, and I really like blue so we are likely to buy blue versions of other things but now I am kind of self conscious about it.  Would likely have done all the same with a girl.  Oh well, just thinking aloud.

Post # 464
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

catching up on this board!  officially 6 months over here… Holy moly time is flying!!

Anywho, in regards to strollers we are obsessed with the Bob, I’ve used it a ton nannying and seriously it ROCKS!  Cheapy strollers are such a pain to use, it’s worth it!!  Picked the coordinating Bob for britax car seat with adapter.  

you walk all the time with a baby, it’s so soothing so it’s good to love your stroller!

Post # 465
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

jenspadiva:  We also went with the City Mini GT.  We got it in the midnight color, it looks navy blue.  I’m glad no-one bought it off our registry b/c we had registered for the black before knowing if it was a boy or girl, and since it’s a boy I was able to get hte navy blue one I liked better.  Darling Husband and I like that one the best out of all the options at Buy Buy Baby 🙂 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors