(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?

Wine!

Beer!

A mixed drink!

Give me a shot!

Margarita!

I don't drink, but I like polls :)

• Post # 511
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  bwahahaha. I love the “I’m pregnant, bite me!” response. We’re going to a cook out at my brother-in-laws and I think I might have to steal that! Have fun at the Rib Cook Off – it sounds awesome!

Post # 512
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

View original reply
    JenGirl:  I know, it’s like the list of things to get done is never ending!!  And living in Chicago our weekends over the summer fill up fast b/c it’s the only time of the year it’s nice out here!  Especially this year, it was 45 on Wednesday and only in the 50’s today, not complaining about today but we had to turn the heat back on in our house Wednesday evening, ugh!!  So, just hoping to get a bunch done this weekend b/c i know our time will be limited over  the next few months! 

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  I get like that every now and again!  I always end up eating something when I’m hungry, I feel like if I’m hungry the baby must need something, at least you are eating healty snacks 🙂

Post # 514
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Hahaha!!  Don’t feel bad, I made brownie the other night then ate two for desert.  haven’t toched them since, but I’m sure I’ll dig in again tonight.  It was my first craving for sweets since getting pregnant, in moderation…or not, lol!! 

Post # 515
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Heh we haven’t hit nice weather yet here (a fully sunny day is super rare) so the things he wants to spend his time doing are usually sport competition based which he may not be as involved in as much next year… don’t know yet, but he spends a lot of nights and weekend mornings training and usually wants to chill a lot of the rest of the time.  I am not really involved in anything at the moment so the flat and the baby totally preoccupy my mind but at this point I really need his help to move things along.  Don’t want to complain too much but I am getting impatient as things continue to get postponed.

View original reply
    X0JLYNN03:  Yeah…. At work there was a lonesome mini pastry about to be left behind for the weekend so I grabbed it on my way out.  It would have been lonely, right?

Post # 516
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    jenspadiva:  Yea, I guess sports would be harder to make time for once the baby comes since he probably has set scheudles for that and practices.  Makes sense that he wants to get that in before the baby comes.  My DH is just lazy, lol…not totally lazy, he’s getting a lot done at home today, he took the day off work…but he’s not into sports or the gym, so it’s usually going out with friends, which I feel like we will still be able to do, most of our friends have kids that are in the 1-3 year old range, so they all get together wtih the kiddos all the time! 

Post # 517
    2649 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Dropping in quick, hi everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend whether you’re cleaning, painting, or playing the designated driver to your DH. This long weekend we’re going to start clearing out the nursery (DH’s old office) and also start registering, Target here we come! Wish us luck.

And I just ate a donut for pre-lunch to tide me over while I run some errands before lunch. Anyone else enjoying pre-lunch snacks? ha!

Post # 518
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I also haven’t been around much but just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great long weekend! DH and I are on our way home from 3 days in Atlantic City. I won a few hundred bucks on the slots and got an amazing prenatal massage. Tomorrow is our anniversary and we’re taking advantage of having some rare time off together (DH usually works weekends) and setting up our registry tomorrow. He also got the nursery painted last week, so now we’re just waiting on the furniture to show up and we have to pick out a glider. I’m getting really excited! I also seem to be carrying a little lower over the last week or so, but baby boy is moving like crazy so maybe this is just how I’m going to show from now on. Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend and hopefully I’ll pop in more once it’s over!

Post # 520
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    kellynn323:  Yeah, it’s a definitely a balancing act of getting stuff done so you don’t feel like it’s all looming over you, vs enjoying your time before baby. We worked last weekend and all this week so we can enjoy this weekend with the in-laws. We’re talking about making a big To Do List in our hallway so we can have a big master list of projects that need to get done and prioritize things. 

Post # 521
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee: & 
    View original reply
    Kay1126:  Good luck with the registry! 

Post # 522
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee:  Have fun registering and clearing out the nursery!!  make sure you eat before you go to register…I got hungry while we were doing ours and my feet started to hurt so I was so over it and wanted to leave pretty quickly! 

View original reply
    Kay1126:  Enoy the time with your husband and happy anniversary!! 

View original reply
    JenGirl:  To Do List is a great idea, I feel like I can’t focus on one thing and then every room becomes a disaster b/c I start and don’t finish my projects! 

Post # 523
    497 posts
    Helper bee

Just doing a Monday update.

Finally started clearing out the man cave yesterday.  1/2 chairs already gone and the desk is dismantled and waiting to be donated! The flat as a whole is a bigger mess as we try to relocate things but that will get sorted eventually.  So excited it’s finally happening!

Currently all my maternity jeans are really uncomfortable.. I have both over and under bump styles and I an not sure what to do.  Haven’t found anywhere with maternity clothes for sale in store so I can’t try anything on.

How is everyone?

Post # 524
    263 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

A couple of updates for baby Everly!

We started in on the nursery! Havent done too much yet, but we are loving it so far. We also picked up a chair for $75 (we are adding a swivel/rocker base to it), and the bassinet for our Quinny stroller for $70. Both second hand and in amazing condition. So excited to push the little one around in her bassinet!

We had our “maternity” shoot. We are getting married in December, and our photographer does seasonal portrait sessions for only $120. We decided, why the hell not, and booked a slot. It was a bit early (I was 22.5 weeks at the time), but luckily I’m pretty bumpy already haha. No regrets!

And, finally, we bit the bullet and did the 3d ultrasound! I really didn’t want to, initially. Quite frankly, I was worried she would look creepy! It was amazing, though. We booked a double session, so we had this one done at 23 weeks on the dot, and will have another at 29 weeks (when she chubs up a bit). I know not everyone loves the 3D shots, but I was amazed at how baby-like she was despite having the scan done quite early!

My shower is this coming Sunday, and my mother-in-law (to-be) arrives this Friday from New Zealand. It’s going to be a busy weekend, but so excited!

Post # 525
    497 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    _chelsbelles:  beautiful photograph of you guys!

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors