(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?
    Wine! : (14 votes)
    38 %
    Beer! : (8 votes)
    22 %
    A mixed drink! : (6 votes)
    16 %
    Give me a shot! : (0 votes)
    Margarita! : (5 votes)
    14 %
    I don't drink, but I like polls :) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 526
    2525 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

_chelsbelles:  I love your photos and your name choice. Everly is a beautiful name.

Post # 527
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

_chelsbelles:  Great update! Love your nursery, it looks so good! We just cleared out the office so it’s a blank slate ready to get nursery-fied! And what a cute little baby face, I love 3D u/s, those face shots are priceless!!!

Post # 528
    390 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

How far along are you? 22w3d

How big is that baby now? (fruit/veggie-wise) baby is the size of an ear of corn. about 8in and 1lbs

Have you found out the gender yet? If not when will you (if at all) ITS A GIRL!

Any closer to deciding on a name? Zoie Elizabeth

Any recent cravings? Cinnamon toast crunch and popsicles

Any pictures you’d like to share?

Your poll answer?

Margarita

Post # 529
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

_chelsbelles:  your nursery is adorable!! And love the maternity shoot photo and 3D iltrasound. Sometimes those do look creepy but yours turned out really nicely, she looks so precious!! 

Post # 530
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! 

Has anyone ordered from PinkBlush Maternity? If so how do their sizes run, specifically in dresses? See a few cute dresses for my shower.

Post # 532
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I love reading about everyone’s updates! Such cute photos from the weekend as well. I may have over done it a bit this past weekend. We took the boat out to the island on Saturday and had a very long day on the water then Sunday was my best friends birthday so we took the boat out again. I was a trooper but spent most of my time in the shade sipping on water and gatorade and snacking on my currrent cravings! It was nice to soak up the sunshine and see everyone. At the end of the day my feet were a little swollen and very sore.

Yesterday I went shopping for a new dress for my high school reunion and I ended up finding a great one at Express. It honestly looks like a maternity dress because it’s ruched down the side all the way. Very forgiving and super comfy. I can’t wait to wear it! Plus they had it marked down to $29 so I couldn’t beat that kind of deal.

We’ll be travelling this weekend and then it’s onto June! I feel like June and July are going to be really busy for us and are gonig to fly by. We have lots to do with the nursery and setting it up and then tons of showers and summer events planned plus a vacay. I’m looking forward to it all!

X0JLYNN03:  we are under the 100 day mark?! so crazy! I’m sure the paint will tone down a lot once the furniture and decor is up. Good luck at your appointment! My glucose isn’t until week 28 and then we start going every other week. I can’t believe we are already to that point in this journey.

SunC19:  I haven’t but I was thinking about it. I think I remember hearing that they run a little large overall? I’ve also been stalking ASOS for a maternity dress for my July shower. They’re dresses fit really well and are great quality.

Has anyone had bad heartburn lately? I’ll be 26 weeks tomorrow and it seems like it’s reached an all time high. Yesterday I was pretty miserable. I’m taking zantac but it’s still not really making me feel much better. My mom keeps telling me that means lots of hair for baby girl and for me to put bows in. I hope she’s right!

Post # 533
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  We also painted this weekend.  We did a navy blue accent wall and were planning on keeping the other walls the soft gray color allready on the walls, but with gray furniture we decided to go with a light blue color, and it’s a lot brighter than I thought it would be.  I look at it each morning and am still undecided about it, but we are keeping it.  We also ordered a sea-green glider that was custom so we can’t return it, so just hoping it doesn’t clash with the new wall color!  I’ll post a photo of the nursery and the progress we mad later this week or next week, we will be doing a lot in there this week as well.  It’s exciting to see it all come together! 

jenm2be:  Sounds like you had a fun weekend…I did the same at a BBQ on Saturday, kept finding my way to the shade to stay out of the sun, I’m not used to running hot, but being pregnant and standing in the sun for too long was making me really warm!!  I’m not complaining though since we only had one good weather day this holiday weekend!! 

As for heartburn I’m having it as well, I wouldn’t say it’s bad, usually if I wait 5 minutes it goes away or I pop a tums and it’s gone, but I’ll feel it randomly 3-10 times a day, lol!!  I keep telling myself if baby is born with hair it’s worth it…so I really don’t mind it.  But if baby isn’t born with hair I’ll regret not taking something more to try and help ease it a bit! 

Post # 534
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

SunC19:  I’ve been curious about Pink Blush as well…I’m nervous to buy a maxi b/c I suspect it won’t be long enough for me, but also the quality of the clothes doesn’t seem very well made…but for the prices that might not be an issue.  I wish there were more maternity clothing stores that weren’t online only…I’m having a hard time finding anything, and most stores that do have maternity sections their in store options are very limited. 

Post # 535
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

kellynn323:  I feel the same! Finding stylish/cute maternity clothes is so hard! I am not a fan of the Motherhood store, and I definitely want to wear something cute for my shower. We have a wedding this coming weekend and ended up finding a regular somewhat dressy maxi dress at JCPenny that will do. I dont love it, but its OK.

Post # 536
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

kellynn323:  I wish tums would help but it doesn’t even touch it. Last night while watching a movie I told Darling Husband I could karate chop him in the throat to give him a taste of how I felt. He just laughed but I meant it. It’s awful! I have a feeling it’s the hair…Darling Husband is Italian and we suspect baby girl is going to come out just like her cousins with a head full!

kellynn323: SunC19:  depending on price points maybe check out Nordstroms maternity section online. They have great dresses for in or around $100. I have found that a more fitted dress looks better on me because my bump just gets lost in all the fabric of the others and leaves me shapeless. I was going to try to avoid buying maternity dresses and just stick to non but I really do see a point in the fit being key with this bump!

Post # 537
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

jenm2be:  I second nordstroms, I’ve bought a ton of maternity dresses from them…love the more  body con style dresses for maternity as well.  I would normally never wear a body con dress but wiht the bump they are adroable!  I really like “Tart” maternity dresses from Nordstrom, I’ve bought a few 🙂

Post # 539
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

_chelsbelles:  Aw! Cute nursery and maternity shots! And glad you had a good experience with the 3-D ultrasound. 

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors