(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?
    Wine! : (14 votes)
    38 %
    Beer! : (8 votes)
    22 %
    A mixed drink! : (6 votes)
    16 %
    Give me a shot! : (0 votes)
    Margarita! : (5 votes)
    14 %
    I don't drink, but I like polls :) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 541
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

X0JLYNN03:  Woo Hoo for getting the nursery painted! Hope the color mellows out with a second coat. And good luck at the glucose test. I pick mine the glucose solution at my next appointment, but don’t have the test for another month. I was hoping they might let me just eat a big pancake and syrup breakfast rather than doing the drink, but I’ll take the drink to your dream any day of the week!

jenm2be:  Yeah, it’s crazy how just being out in the sun can be exhausting! And have fun at your high school reunion!

kellynn323:  My mom put a navy accent wall in her living room and it was amazing! I kind of gave her the side eye when she told me what she was going to do because it’s alreayd a kind of dark room, but she did just the one wall navy with bright white borders and I loved it!

Post # 542
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

X0JLYNN03:  I have my 1 hour glucose test and apt. this week too, on Friday morning. Congrats on under 100 days, how crazy! I’m 2.5 weeks behind you, it’s crazy to think how much “farther” some of you ladies are even if it is just by a few weeks.

Post # 544
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

jenm2be:  kellynn323:  The only thing that helped my heartburn was Gaviscon!! Also old Navy maternity is great πŸ™‚ plus they have tall sizes. 

X0JLYNN03:  I might be over cautious based on my situation but everything I’ve been told says Red Raspberry leaf can cause premature uterine contractions and shouldn’t be taken before 37 weeks/full term. I’m interested to hear what you doctor said!! I was drinking the tea to help with conception though!

Hi from the hospital! Not much new here. Still doing bedrest hopefully until 34 weeks. 24+1, baby is about 1lb 4oz!

Post # 545
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

MrsFairyBee: X0JLYNN03:  Oh I forgot to say, the doctors scheduled my glucose test for May 31st! Sunday πŸ™‚ I wonder how it varies in the hospital Though. Also, I did my own countdown to my new hopeful due date at 34 weeks…. 69 days. Aug 3rd But I’m still a sept momma at heart! 

Post # 546
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee

FreckledFox:  Oh that is crazy, your count-down is a lot different now! Woah! Always a September mama at heart though. August will also be a lovely month for a birthday. FX little boy keeps on cooking until then at least! πŸ™‚

Post # 548
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

MrsFairyBee:  August sounds okay to me too at this point. πŸ™‚ I love my sept mommas

X0JLYNN03:  Worth mentioning for sure! They might not bother someone with a normal strong pregnancy. The doctors here said that the only real natural way to cause labor is nipple stimulation. Like by pumping. So just don’t do that haha.

Post # 550
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

X0JLYNN03:  FreckledFox:  MrsFairyBee:  You ladies will have to let me know how bad the glucose test is!  Mine is scheduled for next Tuesday, I’ll be 25 weeks 2 days…next appointment after that is June 29 at 29 weeks 1 day.  I guess after that I’ll start going in every 2 weeks, so crazy to think how far along we’ve all come…I have 110 days to go! 

FreckledFox:  Glad you are settled in at the hospital and things are going well!!  We are all cheering for you and baby fox πŸ™‚

JenGirl:  We used to have a navy blue bedroom, it was a large room so it worked, Darling Husband and I tend to like darker colors and I’m not really a fan of blue so I’m hoping the other blue walls in the nursery grow on me, the accent wall I’m loving though πŸ™‚

X0JLYNN03:  I would definately ask your doctor before starting the tea pills, let us know what you find out.  I’m not a tea drinker, but it’s always interesting to know what to avoid or take to help out with pregnancy.  My primary care physican subscribed me to a weekly high dose of vitamin D at my annual last week, and when I went to fill the prescription I asked the pharmaciest about it and she said pregnant women should take with caution, which makes me nervous…but my doctor knew I was pregnant.  I started my first dose on Sunday and will have only taken 2 by the time I get in to my OB, but taking anything really makes me nervous, I’m overly cautious, lol! 

Post # 552
    793 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

JenGirl:  Thank you! I hope we have a good turn out.

FreckledFox:  You will always will be a Sept mama! My birthday is August 2nd πŸ™‚ I’m glad they’re taking good care of you! I keep saying that baby girl can come any time after August 12th. I’ll be done with my last class before my due date and I’ll be 37 weeks then and technically full term.

Post # 553
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

kellynn323:  I was taking extra vitamin D and Magnesium and vitamin C. Cranberry and garlic pills can be too powerful though. It’s weird how it works. Also too much vitamin E can be dangerous. I think D is okay, especially while BFing. πŸ™‚

jenm2be:  Hoping to make it to at least Aug 1st, but Aug 2nd would be perfectly fine too πŸ˜‰ My SILs bday is Aug1st, she’s rooting for that one haha

X0JLYNN03:  I’m sure you’re fine haha πŸ˜‰ so many things can cause contractions. Orgasms, sex dreams, medicines. Ehhh above all else, listen to your doctor πŸ™‚

Post # 554
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

X0JLYNN03:  I also have my 1 hour glucose test on Thursday but it’s at 3pm! And they said no fasting! So I have no idea how to go about eating that day that won’t affect the test. If anyone has any ideas, I’m open! I plan to avoid fruit because that’s probably the most sugar-packed food I eat, but other than that, I’m lost.

FreckledFox:  Glad to see you here and hear that all is going well! You’re definitely still a September mama to us! My mom is CONVINCED I’ll be an August mama, as my 2 siblings and I were all born around 37 weeks, and at very healthy 7-9 lb weights. We’ll see!

Post # 555
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee

jenm2be:  That’s a good point, I wonder how many Sept. mamas will turn into August mamas, especially you lot in the first week(s) of September! I feel pretty secure in the middle of the month (19th) with having a Sept. baby, one week early or late and it’s still Sept. for me, but I guess you never know!

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors