(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?
    Wine! : (14 votes)
    38 %
    Beer! : (8 votes)
    22 %
    A mixed drink! : (6 votes)
    16 %
    Give me a shot! : (0 votes)
    Margarita! : (5 votes)
    14 %
    I don't drink, but I like polls :) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 556
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Kay1126:  I would just eat a very simple diet that day. Plain cereal, bread, salad, sandwich, crackers…nothing high in sugar for sure.

Post # 557
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

MrsFairyBee:  I felt the same way! No way I could be august or Sept (though I guess I could’ve been over two weeks early). My birthday is Sept 2nd, so itl lbe nice to have them more spreas out at least haha I wanted baby to be a Virgo like me, but he’ll end up a Leo I think! Unless he’s even earlier. I’m praying to make it to July at least!

Kay1126:  My mom had my sister, myself and my brother all 1-2 weeks early and my sister had my niece two weeks early so we were also convinced I’d go early but not this early! I would avoid fruit and even white bread. It’s got a lot more sugar than you’d think. Look up a gestational diabetes diet and try and eat that haha πŸ˜‰ good luck!! Just let them know what you ate. Try to fast for a while beforehand maybe!

Post # 558
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

FreckledFox:  I hadn’t thought about how your due date will change but you’ll always be a September Mama to us!

X0JLYNN03:  If you’re worried about taking a pill but you want more Vitamin D, you can also just spend a few minutes out in the sun each day! During the summer it’s pretty easy to get your Vitamin D from sun exposure and I think you’re in the northern hemisphere, so you should be able to do that for the rest of the pregnancy. It’s more in the winter when some people need to suppliment because the sun just isn’t strong enough, plus it’s cold so we don’t expose much skin. 

MrsFairyBee:  Yup, in the middle of the month I think we’ll probably be in September, but those at the begining and the end might turn into other month mamas! 

Kay1126:  If they tell you not to fast, I think you’re just supposed to eat what you normally would. 

Post # 559
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

MrsFairyBee:  FreckledFox:  JenGirl:  Thanks ladies. I was planning to eat as normal, with the exception of fruit. I usually have an orange or some watermelon with lunch so I’ll cut that out. I guess I’m nervous about it because diabetes runs on my dad’s side of the family, and my mom had gestational diabetes with 1 of her 3 pregnancies. But nothing I can do except keep eating healthy I suppose. Thanks! πŸ˜‰

Post # 560
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Hmm I wonder if I am having a glucose test at all as no one has mentioned it to me.  Wouldn’t mind missing that one out….

I can’t believe it but my antenatal classes start before my next scheduled appointment!  They are just the generic ones run by our community midwives but I am anxious/excited about starting.

The desk is gone!!  Now we have enough space to clean up the room properly, go through all of dh’s mystery stuff in the closest and we made a goal of getting in someone to do a pricing estimate for all our floors for the following weekend!  We’ve also framed the art we bought from etsy and I decided when baby grows out of it I will hang in our bedroom cause I always wanted an outerspace theme myself haha  πŸ™‚

Also, I know there is at least one other UK bee on here but we just bought our pram/pushchair/stroller/buggy from Amazon France for £100 cheaper than anywhere we could find it in the UK with no import fee.  Might be a good trick for other high price items.

Post # 561
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

jenspadiva:  Yay nursery progress! We are doing. Vintage transport/space theme. Well we fell in love with some awesome atomic looking rocketship prints. My husband said the same thing! When baby grows out of it, he wants them. πŸ˜‰ I’d love to see the art you bought!! We haven’t purchased anything yet.

Post # 562
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

jenspadiva: & FreckledFox:  I love the outerspace theme for a nursery! Super cute! We’ve already got green in the room that is going to be the nursery, and everything we like tends to be animals, so I think we’re going with a safari theme.

We’ve also been doing a lot of sorting through mystery “stuff” in closets and drawers. My husband always complains that I have too much stuff, because I came with a lot of furtniture. But he’s awful about not wanting to throw anything out because we “might” use it in the future. Do we really need 20 half used spiral notebooks? Plus another 6 half used composition books? It’s not like we’re going through a paper shortage!

Post # 565
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

JenGirl:  Thanks for the vitamin D info πŸ™‚  Unfortunately I’m super low…my number from my blood planel was 17 when the minimum healthy number is 30, I’ve always been low…but baby is probably taking a lot of the little vimin D I have.  My doctor put me on 50,000IU once a week for 2 months then I need to take 1000IU/day.  Definately don’t get enough sun here in Chicago, but hoping to get some this summer!!  It’s been rainy and overcast lately πŸ™ 

jenspadiva:  Have fun setting up the nursery!  It’s one of the more enjoyable projects we’ve been tackling πŸ™‚ 

JenGirl:  Love a safari theme, I went back and forth between that and woodland theme and ultimately decided on woodland…we know we are having a boy so our nursery is definately geared more towards a boy then gender neutral πŸ™‚

Kind of jealous of all you girls and the chances for coming early.  My mom was almost 3 weeks late with me (I was her first) and my sisters were all late with their first, like a week late…except my one sister who had to have a c-section b/c her baby was 10.5lbs!!  I think that came from her boyfriends side b/c my mom had 6 kids that were all in the normal 6.5-7.5lbs range, and my other two sisters had babies around 6-7lbs.  Please don’t let my little guy get too big, lol!!   

Post # 566
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

FreckledFox:  I am not logged onto wb on a pc very often so sorry can’t copy and paste right now.  You can search etsy shop prints and printables outerspace nursery art set of 3 is what we went for.  There is also a solar system poster I am getting after my next paycheck from Luckyskye with a Neil degrasse Tyson quote.  Definitely more of a purchase for Dh and me though.

JenGirl:  Ha while most of our stuff is his (I moved here with two suitcases originally) I also can’t get rid of partially used notepads and things.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  jenspadiva.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  jenspadiva. Reason: fixing autocorrect
    Post # 567
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Love everyone’s updates!  I can’t believe the glucose tests are coming up.  Mine is next Thursday, I’ll be 26 weeks and then I guess I’ll be in every 2 weeks.  Are we seriously about to enter the third trimester?!

heart burn over here for sure!  Thankful for tums and a glass of milk before bed to keep it down.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who struggles with maternity clothing.  Most of mine is from motherhood (tees and shorts) target or old navy.  I miss my old clothes at times.  Or being able to rock loose flowy things.  I even find that my usual delicate jewelry doesn’t look as good… Maybe due to my fuller face and chest… It gets frustrating at times!

isn’t it so fun to work on the nursery?!  I love just walking into Williams room and staring at his crib and imagining the finished room with him in it!!

Post # 568
    769 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Kay1126:  My OB told me to not eat for an hour before the test, but I can eat proior to that.  When I booked the appt the receptionist said not to eat for 2 hours… last time my appt was first thing in the morning (8am) and tmy OB said not to eat anything before I came in.  So I don’t think you have to be too specific haha.  I plan on eating something 1-2 hours before I go because my blood draw is at 9:45 and that’s kind of a long time to not eat anything, I’m just going to avoid sugar/carbs just in case. 

And I promise the drink isn’t bad! Just tastes like sugary gatorade to me, I honestly don’t know why people seem to think it’s so terrible.  It’s only like 8 oz maybe, so not a ton to get down and it’s just super sweet. I know everyone says to drink it cold, like even over ice, and I think that helps.

Post # 569
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

mama2.0:  Thanks for the info! luckily I got to take my drink home (Orange) and it’s been in the fridge for a month so nice and cold!

X0JLYNN03:  Thanks. I wasn’t given much direction so every little bit helps! Enjoy that French toast, it sounds SO good!

Our crib and changing table/dresser are being delivered on Tuesday. I can’t wait! I barely felt baby boy yesterday and I was hating it, but he seems to be moving double-time today to make up for it. Hope everyone is feeling well! Slight heartburn over here but other than that, all is good πŸ˜‰

Post # 570
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

jenspadiva:  My husband is a big Degrasse fan πŸ˜‰ 

X0JLYNN03:  I know!! When I first joined this group that was the first thin I looked for. Who had sept 2nd πŸ˜‰ it’s crazy to think you’re 26 weeks already!!

preppysouthernbride:  Love the name William πŸ™‚ that’s our potential middle name for Knox. If we hoise Knox that is haha.

kellynn323:  You might stray from your familys norm and go early!! I assumed I would go longer at first since my torso is large and my baby has been smaller

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors