(Closed) September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: (if you drink) What will your first beverage be once you're "allowed" to drink again?
    Wine! : (14 votes)
    38 %
    Beer! : (8 votes)
    22 %
    A mixed drink! : (6 votes)
    16 %
    Give me a shot! : (0 votes)
    Margarita! : (5 votes)
    14 %
    I don't drink, but I like polls :) : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 571
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

FreckledFox:  We shall see πŸ™‚  At the anatomy scan they said he was average sized, 50th percentile.  So it could go either way, lol!!  The only downside to going early is that our wedding anniversay is exactly one week before my due date…it would be nice not to have to share that, or have at least a week between anniversary and babies b-day!  Hope you’ve been keeping busy at the hospital and not too bored!! 

Kay1126:  Isn’t it strange that they are super active one day then barely move the next!  My guy was crazy active for two days, almost to the point were I just wanted him to calm down for an hour and the past few days only a kick here and there…I’ll take the active days back now!

Post # 572
    769 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Kay1126:  I asked to take mine home too! They just gave it to me to take home last time, so at my appt a week ago I asked if I could take it so I didn’t have to come wait in the office for an hour and my OB said they don’t really let people take it anymore, I guess it was throwing off the nurse that draws blood, but she let me take it .  I think I remember pouring it over ice before, but just cold from the fridge is fine.  I had to do the 4 hour last time, I think I had orange for that one – def prefer the fruit punch but I’m just not an orange fan.  My appt is in 2 week, hoping I pass this time and I won’t have to do the 4 hour.  I BARELY failed it with DS, like by 2 points.  Boo.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  mama2.0.
    Post # 573
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

kellynn323:  I feel the same way. I suddenly got paranoid yesterday, because he had been so active for the past couple of weeks. Today he won’t stop moving and I’m exhausted! But grateful!

mama2.0:  I’m glad she let you take it! I’m curious to see how they handle this because my doctor’s office (like many) is ALWAYS running behind. So I’m going to plan to drink it so that I don’t need the blood drawn until 10-15 mins after my scheduled appointment time. If I show up at 3 ready to go, I’m sure they’ll be scrambling! Good luck! I’m a bit anxious just because my mom craved fruit with my brother and that was the one pregnancy that she had gestational diabetes because she was eating it too often I guess. I’ve been craving fruit with my little guy too, but trying not to eat it every time I want it to avoid that problem!

Post # 576
    2662 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

X0JLYNN03:  Strawberries and watermelon this summer are the best and all I want fruit-wise too! And cheesy potatoes are always a win! Cheesy anything is amazing.

I’ve been craving sweet corn on the cob for weeks now. It’s too soon in the season for it fresh, so until August I’ll be salivating for it. There’s this BBQ festival that comes to town in the summer and there’s always corn on the cob that they dunk in butter before giving it to you and I. Can. Not. WAIT for that! Maybe because I’m a Nebraska girl but I love me some sweet corn!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Post # 577
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

MrsFairyBee:  Corn on the cob sounds awesome!  We have our first street festival of the season this weekend, unfortunately it’s only going to be 60 and might rain (where is summer this year!!! or at least spring), but they always have corn on the cob at these fests and I always get some, can’t wait!! 

X0JLYNN03:  And now I want cheesey potatoes with my dinner tonight. Trying to keep it healthier and not eat as many carbs as I was, plan was to eat pork chops and roasted broccoli, but might have to add potatoes to the mix.  I did run for 30 minutes today so maybe I deserve some potatoes, lol!!

Post # 579
    769 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Kay1126:  Yeah, timing it is hard.  My OB said to do what you’re thinking too, give it a 10-15 minute buffer just in case the nurse is backed up.  I craved fruit a lot with DS and didn’t end up having GD. I bet it was a coincidence for your mom, I’m not sure if I’ve heard of them being related.  The old wives tale is that craving are your body’s way of getting you to eat whatever nutrients you’re lacking, so maybe she just needed some vitamin C .  I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Post # 580
    203 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Posted this on the facebook page as well.

I just got in touch with my mortgage insurance, who have been a challenge to deal with, and have gone as far as having someone come to my house to take urine sample and vitals.  Well now they want a blood draw.

As it turns out, my urine sample showed .27 units of glucose, when .24 is the cutoff.  I’ve never had sugar in my urine at me dr appointments, so I don’t know if I need to be concerned or not, but I contacted my dr office, and requested we do the glucose tests sooner than later.

I know my activity levels haven’t been what they should (almost no exercise) so I’ve enlisted my husband to get me moving for 30 minutes 5 days a week.  Hopefully that helps.

Post # 581
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

X0JLYNN03:  Yea, they aren’t bad…I’m just trying to cut out carbs wherever possible.  I used to avoid them completely.  I haven’t gained too much weight and I’m happy with the way I look, accept for the fact that I’m one of the unlucky ones with cellulite and it’s getting bad πŸ™  I don’t mind it on my legs b/c no one is going to see my upper thighs much this summer, but even my arms are starting to look lumpy and that really bothers me!  So trying to cut out carbs and sugar as much as possible. 

boomer715:  Hope your blood/glucose test turns out in your favor.  Good luck with getting more active!

Post # 582
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

kellynn323:  Gotcha! I’ve just got regular slightly low Vitamin D, so I’m able to use the sun in good weather. But it certainly sounds like taking the suppliment will be best for you! And I like a woodland theme as well. There seems to be tons of cut fox and tent type stuff out there right now. In fact, I think my husband snuck a fox swaddler onto our registry… I am also convinced I’ll go late and I think I’m going to have a huge baby! I was 2 weeks late and 9+ lbs. My husband was a twin but still went to 36 weeks and was 6+ lbs (so was his twin brother) and my other brother-in-law was late and around 9 lbs. Makes me a little queasy just thinking about it! But I’m sure we’ll figure it out!

jenspadiva:  I’m trying to use the 20 and 20 rule – If you can replace it for under $20 in under 20 minutes, it’s not worth keeping “just in case”. It’s made getting rid of stuff a lot easier. But my husband isn’t really on board with it yet!

Post # 583
    1674 posts
    Bumble bee

JenGirl:  Love the 20 20 rule, I’ll have to share that with Darling Husband, he’s a hoarder at heart, lol!  And yes, there are so many cute fox/tee pee type stuff out right now.  I’m trying not to go overboard with the fox and keep it even with woodland animals, but the fox stuff is just too cute πŸ™‚

Post # 584
    1034 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

X0JLYNN03:  Haha yeah I can twist my own arm into “craving” junk food, and it works sometimes! But I’ve been loving oranges and watermelon. I definitely prefer that over less healthy alternatives! BUT cheesy ANYTHING sounds awesome!

mama2.0:  Thanks, that eased my mind a bit! 

Post # 585
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

JenGirl:  will try this at the weekend!  Though some things, that are clearly broken Dh likes to hold onto for as long as possible “because they were expensive.”  I get attached to inanimate objects so I feel for him but…. It can be a slow process.  Haha, I love his quirks.

The topic ‘September 2015 Mamas-To-Be Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors