(Closed) September 2017 Mama\'s!!!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When will you start telling family and friends?

Already did - Couldn't wait!

After my first ultrasound!

In my second trimester!

When they can see my bump!

• Post # 3
    43 posts
    Newbee

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 3w4d

What’s your estimated due date: sept 7

How many cycles trying? 1! (Previous 2 we were not preventing)

When did you get your BFP? Dec 24

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? Hubby and GP

When do you plan on telling more people? Week 12

How did you tell your partner? Nothing special. He knew I was testing πŸ™‚

Any symptoms yet? When I’m hungry, I’m STARVING, getting full very fast, sleepy all the time.

What are you most excited about/for? My bump πŸ™‚ and everything else

When is your first appt? Not sure yet 

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Green is the plan for now  

Post # 4
    1855 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

How far along are you? 4wk3days

Estimated due date? September 1st 

How Many cycles trying? 8

When did you get your BFP? 21st of December 

Who have you told? Husband and immediate family πŸ™‚ 

When do you plan on telling more people? 12 weeks 

How did you tell your partner? Ran into him with my positive test πŸ˜‚ I was so shocked I didn’t even think of doing something fun 

Any symptoms yet? Uhh sorry Too Much Information but really bad constipation and bloating 😩 And I’m more tired than usual 

What are you most excited for? I absolutely can’t wait to have a bump πŸ™‚ 

First appointment? I’ve been referred but my doctor is closed till the 3rd so will call then!

For fun – will you be finding out the gender or team green? Definitely finding out the gender, cannot wait! I’ll have the blood test at 10 or 11 weeks! 

Post # 6
    2167 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Congratulations ladies! I’m a September 2016 mama and we’ve all been reminiscing on this time last year when we started getting our positive tests and a year later we have some adorable little babes and friendships with some incredible women! Have a very happy & healthy 9 months ladies, enjoy every second, it goes by way too fast! 

Post # 7
    1855 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
    dachshundpup15 :  The bloating is the worst! I was all πŸ€”hoping it was normal so I’m glad I’m not the only one πŸ™Š

Post # 10
    2167 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    dachshundpup15 :  oh gosh, probably a ton of things come to mind but early on my number 1 suggestion is, if you’re not feeling well and don’t know what to eat, don’t feel bad if your food of choice isn’t a “good” one, just make sure you’re eating something! You’ll feel less nauseated as long as your stomach isn’t empty, so small snacking all day is helpful. Peppermint candies or jolly ranchers helped me when I felt sick. You can also buy ginger candies at costco, which are way better than ginger ale at helping with nausea! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 12
    263 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? I think 3w5d

What’s your estimated due date: I think it’ll be around Sept. 6th

How many cycles trying? 1 NTNP and 1 actively ttc. So shocked considering it took 20 months and femara with my ds!

When did you get your BFP? I thought I saw a barely there squinter on a wondfo Dec. 23rd and got a bfp on a frer on Dec. 24th.

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? My husband.

When do you plan on telling more people? I’ll tell my mom once I see her after we get back from visiting the Inlaws (in a different province right now).

How did you tell your partner? At night once I put our ds down to sleep, we usually tell each other what we learned during the day and why we love each other. I told him I learned that I was pregnant.

Any symptoms yet? Crampy, kind of nauseated, sore boobs, bloated.

What are you most excited about/for? Everything. I loved being pregnant the first time. I’m also excited to see my son become a big brother!

When is your first appt? I haven’t called the doctor yet. 

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? We’ll find out if the baby cooperates!

Post # 14
    263 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    dachshundpup15 :  Thanks! Congratulations to you and everyone else as well!

Advice. There’s so much, yet so little. 

General advice: Every pregnancy and every baby is so different. Just because one person does something one way and you do something another way doesn’t make either person wrong. You kind of just find your own groove. Ever since you’ve seen those 2 lines, I’m sure you’ve been worrying about things going wrong, how you’re going to handle certain things and situations, etc. The worry never stops, but you manage. You get through everything. Everything comes in phases (from pregnancy and as your baby grows) and at the moment you may think that that certain phase will never end until you get through it and you’re onto the next phase. The days are long, but the years are so short. 

Advice for right now: If you’re hit with morning sickness, don’t be afraid to ask the doctor for meds. Sour candies helped a lot. Anything that you can kind of suck on throughout the day. Eating carbs also helped a lot. If you’re going to have ginger ale, make it flat first. The first trimester is all about surviving and getting through the sickness and tiredness. The second trimester is generally the best because the tiredness and sickness (usually) goes away, you get your lovely bump, but you’re not too big that you’re uncomfortable yet. The 3rd trimester, you’re big, you’re uncomfortable and sometimes the sickness comes back. But everyone is different.

Our August 2015 bee mamas made a Facebook group right at the beginning and we still talk daily. We’ve become super close. We don’t judge each other. It’s just such a safe place to go to to ask for advice, vent, and just talk about anything. I think it’s helped me the most.

The topic ‘September 2017 Mama\'s!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors