September 2017 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

nightowl :  Similar stats! We’re 29/29, trying for our first, and this is our second cycle.

Our original plan was also to BD EOD after AF finished, which was CD6, since I was bleeding more than usual following a Chemical last cycle. But, time got away from us so quickly, and we’ve only kicked into action yesterday! So we’ve hit CD9 and CD10, hoping to keep it rolling til I O on CD15. 

Post # 47
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

novemberreign :  Oh hello! Yes we are in very similar positions 🙂 Nice to have someone with close stats! Finger’s crossed August is our month! 

Post # 50
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

DH was just too excited and decided our every other day BD started today(CD9). I will report back in a week to see if the enthusiasm is still there 😂

Post # 51
57 posts
Worker bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  36/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD5

Ovulation Date: ??? Aug 24 if it’s CD17 like last month

POAS Date: Sep 9

Usual Cycle Length: 28

Cycles Trying: this is # 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPK’s, BD timing, prenatals, Pre-Seed, Lady’s Mantle tea for second half of cycle

Trying anything new this month? Lady’s Mantle tea for second half of cycle. Hopefully I can extend my lutal phase a bit with the tea. AF came on DPO12.

Link to your chart if charting: na

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? We are driving to Kansas for the solar eclipse which is very exciting, then visiting DH family and then visit even more of DH family. All of that will be in my fertile week. 

I’m aftraid we won’t have much privacy for BD but we will see. 

Post # 52
2403 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/26

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Around September 2

POAS Date: September 13

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 days prior to BCP; my first cycle off BCP was 41 days and this last cycle was 31 days

Cycles Trying: This is the 3rd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, BD timing, potentially OPKs

Trying anything new this month? We’re thinking about using OPKs this month. We said we definitely would if we didn’t get our BFP last month, but then I was pretty spot on with O simply based on my body’s symptoms so now we’re not sure if we should just give it one more try or not lol. But I really don’t think we can BD EOD again so I don’t know lol. I really don’t think I can temp as I’m an incredibly restless sleeper and wake up constantly throughout the night, so we might just have to see how we go with OPKs.

Link to your chart if charting: n/a

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? We’re planning to continue renovating our house (our plumber is coming out next week to hook up our new bathroom and powder room – finally – and disconnect our existing bathroom so that we can start working on it). We’ve also got a weekend away planned with my dad, step mum and my siblings (fortunately it won’t be during my FW). We’ve also got a bunch of birthdays (two 50ths and a 30th) and a friend’s engagement party, so our weekends are pretty booked up for the next month.

Post # 53
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/ 35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: 8/30 or 8/31

POAS Date: Sept. 13. My birthday is on the 15th, so that would be an oh so lovely 31st birthday present! 

Usual Cycle Length: anywhere from 27-32 days 

Cycles Trying: We tried a little earlier in the year then had to take a break. This will be month 2 of really trying. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, tracking on my apps, and prenatals. I have been using OPKs, but I’ll be out of town during the start of my FW so I probably won’t be as consistent with those this month.

Trying anything new this month? I was going to try temping, but once again, I don’t know how consistent Ill be with that on vacation 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Going on a mini end of summer trip to visit my BFF in Chicago, then to my family’s lake house in Michigan. Unfortunately DH just started a new job and won’t be able to come, but I’ll still have a good time.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/september-2017-poas/#ixzz4pmc4EaDW

Post # 54
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/33

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD17

Ovulation Date: Hell if I know. I think it’ll be Sept 11th but not sure.

POAS Date: I think it would be Sept 25th

Usual Cycle Length: Currently changing. Was 25-28.

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Timing, prenatals, acupuncture (first time ever), and OPKs

Trying anything new this month? Acupuncture, and Clearblue Advanced Digital OPKs. I was using Wondfos but a) ran out, and b) am not sure I was reading them accurately.

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? We’re going to a wedding in the middle of the month and turning it into a long weekend so that should be fun.

Post # 57
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Hey September ladies. Just wanting a little bit of opinions or advice. I’m on cycle day 4 following a 33 day cycle, where I’m pretty sure I ovulated quite late, if at all (never got darker than a faint line). My cycle before that was 25 days – pretty sure I didn’t ovulate then.

I’m expecting a delivery of some vitamins tomorrow or soon after, including Vitex. Initially I was planning on taking Vitex this cycle, however I’m giving temping a go and thought perhaps it’s a good idea to do 1 month of temping without other supplements to get a better idea of my natural cycle. But there’s are few issues with just temping for me: 

1. I do night shift several times a week and get scattered sleep, possibly affecting the accuracy of my basal temperature.
  2. I babysit a 6 month old on average once a week, often sleeping overnight and getting up for night feeds. Meaning I often don’t sleep more than 3 hours. Again possibly affecting my basal temperature.
  3. I’ve been a bit unwell this cycle and so my temperature has started off falsely high.
  4. I’m travelling for a week this month in a hot climate (probably near my fertile days), which may affect my basal temperature, and remembering to take my temp every morning might also be a bit of added stress on what’s meant to be a relaxing holiday.
  5. I’m already fairly sure I ovulate pretty late in my cycle and probably have a short Luteal Phase. So with this awareness I want to try to maximise my LP where possible.

I guess I just asnwered my own questions, but I’m just looking for reassurance if it’s okay I just jump right into taking Vitex to help balance my cycles out? My period this cycle was very light (not implantation bleeding though) and I just want to feel proactive and in charge of my fertility. I did acupuncture last month and afterwards had the longest cycle (33 days) that I remember having for about 18 months (but I haven’t kept a record before TTC, just go by rough memory and PMS feelings). So I think I’m going to cancel my future plans with the acupuncture. 

I don’t know. I’m a mess! I am starting to overthink everything and think there’s something wrong with my fertility, when this is only my fourht month TTC. So I’m probably fine I’m just an over-researcher and put so much pressure on myself. 

Post # 59
43 posts
Newbee

nightowl :  I hear you!  My cycles have been a mess recently ranging anywhere from 30 to 50 days.  Last cycle was 36 days and I’m not even sure whether I O’d.  I started taking Agnus Castus at the start of this one.  Now on CD15 and feel like I’m gearing up to O (skin has clear & CM is watery).  If I O in the next few days this will be a big improvement as last cycle I O’d on CD25.  It’s your call but doesn’t seem like you have anything to lose by starting to take Vitex now.  

Post # 60
1119 posts
Bumble bee

Ugh I’m so jealous of all the long cycles 🙁 Mine have been 27 days lately, might have a LP defect. Last AF came at 13dpo. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors