September 2018 Check in! Let\'s hear your progress!

posted 2 months ago in September 2018
Post # 3
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Hey- i’ll play 😊

1. Yes we do – we found a little chapel in the forest (Australian bee)

2.wedding date is 21st september 2018

3. Got engaged 2 days after our 6 yr anniversary on 27th november 2016

4. Think I’m going to buy my dress tomorrow! So that’s my most recent piece of planning – i have been looking at dresses for the last month 

5. As above – the dress! But also looking into where to go for our honeymoon

6. I’ve loved the dress shopping. Picking the bridesmaids however has stressed me out a bit but mostly I’ve been enjoying it so far 7.whoops think i missed a number! We had our engagement party and pics from that in february – not sure about doing save the dates yet but already been looking into invite ideas 😊

Post # 4
116 posts
Blushing bee

Hello!

We have our venue, getting married in Nothumberland in England.

Wedding date is 1st September 🙂 got engaged at the end of September last year.

I’m currently looking at hair and makeup, and chair sashes. We want to get our ‘people’ booked asap s they can only be in one place at a time!

Next – hopefully a little break for a couple of months! Starting dress shopping late September, and need to ask my bridal party somewhere around then too.

Least favourite part has been reaching out to vendors and getting silence back. Even had an appointment with a venue dresser and was promised a quote “tomorrow” – two months and several prompts later, we’ve given up! One of the staff members at the venue has been really difficult to work with (slow responses, not doing what was agreed, booking completely random hotel rooms for us we didn’t want or ask for…), and our photographer has disappeared off the face of the planet in the last month – no social media, no response to emails, I’m trying not to stress so far out but… eek!

Most enjoyable part has been building the vision of the day with my fi, he’s really involved and it’s been fun doing it as a team.

STDs – we got them a month or so ago as there was a sale on, we’ll send them somepoint in Sept/Oct time. Pre-engagement shoot depends on when the photographer gets back in touch…!!

Post # 6
385 posts
Helper bee

Just saw your comment on the other thread that we are date twins!

1. Yes, Cleveland, OH

2.  9/29/18 of course!

3.  I think the most unique thing about our wedding is the reception venue.  It’s a beautiful old courthouse.  Lots of marble, high ceilings, neat architecture.  It really is just stunning.

4. Got engaged May 13th this year

5.  Most recent thing we’ve been working on is finding a place to hold the ceremony.  It’s been way harder than I ever thought possible!

6.  Tomorrow I’m wedding dress shopping!!! So I guess that’s next on the list.

7.  Favorite part of planning is just bringing all of my ideas togethe and envisioning them on the big day.  Least favorite part has been narrowing down vendors.  I have done a ton of research to get the best bang for our buck, which I’m glad I did, but it was a bit stressful to narrow down.

8.  Engagement pictures are in September.  We haven’t talked about when to send STD’s, but I would guess around February or March

Post # 7
128 posts
Blushing bee

beevincent18 :  

yay September! I always disliked the month, as dumb as it sounds because it always symbolized going back to school and 9/11, my dad was at the Pentagon at the time and he was narrowly saved. So, yeah. But It just worked out best for us and I am looking forward to a more positive, exciting feeling about the month. 

1. Venue – Salamander Resort and Spa in Middleburg VA, just outside of DC. Equestrian feel, so gorgeous and the spa is insane. It’s where my FI asked my dad for his permission. 

2. 9/1/18

3. Unique thing? Not totally sure yet but the venue is a huge deal. It’s a resort and has so much to do, really just a grogeous place in wine and horse country in VA which is totally us. We will be picking up our Corgi puppy in August and we plan for her to be a part of it so maybe that’s unique 🙂 

4. 5.26.17 in Disney World at the Italian Pavillion at Epcot over the water. Was sublime; packed park, but no one was in sight on the pavillion at sunset save for myself and FI and my parents. Perfect timing. 

5. Dress shopping 🙂 Found a couple good ones but still on the search. 

6. Figuring out an alternative hotel that is cheaper for guests, as well as save the dates. 

7. Favorite – just the whole vision of it all. Seeing everything come together. We visited the venue together a couple weeks ago during another wedding and got to see it all play out. Enchanted. Least? Dealing with guest list. We have to cap it somehow. 

8. STDs going out end of next month but engagement pics in October in Colorado as thats where our photographer is from. Can’t wait to see a new and beautiful landscape. 

Post # 8
36 posts
Newbee

Getting pretty well organised 

1) yes both ceremony and reception venue booked – garden and golf club

2) 22/9/18

3) not sure yet

4) engaged since January 2017

5) just bought by dress, early I know but it’s now done but no measurements till February 2018.

6) cars and cake are the next thing to organise 

7) so far seeing things fall into place little by little 

8) for photos in October when it’s abit warmer and save the dates are set to go out November.

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee

1) Do you have a venue? What city are you getting married in?

Yes! We are getting married at Tregulland Cottage & Barn in Launceston, Cornwall

2) What date in September?

01/09/2018 

3) What is the most unique thing about your wedding?

I’m hoping the whole day is going to be unique! I really want the day to feel like a big celebration for our closest friends and family so it’s fairly intimate, around 45 people. We have a vintage ice cream van that doubles as a bar and lots of other suprises up our sleeve!

4) When did you get engaged?

15/04/2016

5) What was the most recent thing(s) you did for wedding planning?

I bought my dress yesterday! A Rara Avis gown that I am OBSESSED with

6) What’s next on your checklist?

I’m pretty organised so far with venue, dress, photographer, food, bar – now I’m focused on finding a band, florist & cake

7) What has been your favorite & least favorite part of planning so far?

I literally don’t have a least favourite part!

8) When are you sending out STDs/when are you taking engagement pics?

We haven’t had our engagement/pre wedding shoot yet, just need to book the date with our photographer!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors