Post # 3
2407 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Wooo! A POAS board I can join! 

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 31/37. But I’ll be 32 in October 

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle/DPO: Just got my first AF since removing my Mirena IUD (8/5) so I’m waiting for O this month and then I will be able to estimate my cycle length.

Ovulation Date: not sure yet for September, going to watch for EWCM this month and then I can estimate for September.

POAS Date: two weeks after that

Usual Cycle Length: no clue, been without an AF for six years thanks to Mirena. I was too excited to get it while on vacation in France last week!

Cycles Trying: 0

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): I’ve been taking prenatals for 4 months now, I lowered my anxiety medication (with the supervision of my Dr.), got blood work done and I am seeing an OBGYN on Monday for a preconception meeting.

Trying anything new this month?: UNPROTECTED SEX!!!

Link to your chart if charting: n/a

For fun – What’s your favourite book? The Harry Potter Series. Read them for the first time at 25 and I am still very obsessed with them. 

Post # 5
147 posts
Blushing bee

Your age/partner’s age: 32/37

Current Cycle/DPO: 29 (did not ovulate this month according to my opks)

Ovulation Date: September 6

POAS Date: September 21

Usual Cycle Length: 34 days

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): BD every other day a week after AF ends, vitamins, prenatals, charting, healthy diet, fertility smoothies.

Trying anything new this month?: I ordered some pre-seed, may try that a few times this month, but I am sure if I should wait a few cycles or not. 

Link to your chart if charting

For fun – What’s your favourite book? The Poet by Michael Connelly 

Post # 6
57 posts
Worker bee

Checking in for September. Fingers crossed for everyone here!  

Your age/partner’s age: 31 (32 in 3 days!)/35

Current Cycle/DPO: Day 2 of my cycle

Ovulation Date: August 30th

POAS Date: September 11th

Usual Cycle Length: 30-31 days

Cycles Trying: 8 cycles

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Prenatals, OPKs, and starting to temp, and I’ll be going for bloodwork to ensure my thyroid hormone levels are looking good after starting thyroid medication in July. 

Trying anything new this month?: Temping, I’m new to it, but I figure anything can help!

Link to your chart if charting: Will be loading this closer to O.

For fun – What’s your favourite book? This sounds childish but I love the Harry Potter series, and re-read it on a regular basis. My husband even surprised me one valentine’s day by pretending I got into Hogwarts (stuffy owl on side of the bed with my letter, got me a wand, and school supplies hahaha). If not I also love Philippa Gregory books (mostly her Henry the VIII series, though I am currently reading the white princess which is about Henry the VII and that era).

Post # 9
57 posts
Worker bee

ladyvk :  Yeah you kinda look forward to starting again, especially if you knew it was a long shot the prior month (same boat here, Darling Husband was on travel for work during peak days grrr). 

Ya the Phillipa books are so good, I just love her writing style, there are so many poorly written books out there, hers just never dissapoint! 

Your books sound very intriguing! Also good for you for having the patience to write like that. I had to write a dissertation for my degree, and I realized I hate to write hahaha, I so admire those who can, and enjoy it! 

Post # 11
2407 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

ladyvk :  took my first OPK today for the hell of it. Definitely negative. It was kinda fun. πŸ˜‚ 

Post # 12
57 posts
Worker bee

ladyvk :  That’s awesome you have such a passion for it. And yes I can imagine the frustration of stopping trying because of a new job. Do you know when you will be trying again, are you trying this month?

Post # 13
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 36/34 

Current Cycle/DPO: Currently on CD 7

Ovulation Date: Probably around 8/20

POAS Date: 9/3

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: 13

BFP Plan:  First real cycle post early miscarriage and just praying that it doesn’t take another 12 cycles to get a BFP.  Using OPK’s this month again, and it will be my first time trying preseed.  I guess I am hoping for a miracle at this point.

Trying anything new this month?: Preseed

For fun – I’ve read all 3 books by B.A. Paris and I’m addicted.  Behind Closed Doors is my favorite!

Post # 14
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Your age/partner’s age: 38/38 (although we’ll both be 39 by my POAS date)  

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: App is predicting 8/27 but I had a CP last month so I’m not sure how accurate that will be.  Going to rely on other things like EWCM again this month.

POAS Date: 9/7 (probably a bit early but I know myself well enough to know that I won’t hold out much past that)

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days (pre CP)

Cycles Trying: this is our 3rd

BFP Plan:  BD ED/EOD during my FW.  In total, we have actively TTC 3x and I got pregnant 2 of them (DS is 21 months and I had a CP last month).  Assuming the CP doesn’t throw things off too much, I generally know when I O so it’s just a matter of BD regularly. 

Trying anything new this month?: Nope

For fun – I honestly haven’t read a book in years (mom life!) but I did read and LOVE all of the HP books as well.  I also loved Catcher in the Rye but haven’t read it many, many years so I’d probably need a refresh to call it my fav J

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 33/33

Current Cycle/DPO: Just waiting for my first AF after being on the pill for about a year and a half.

Ovulation Date: Not sure yet. Ovia says fertile days start the 28th. 

POAS Date: two weeks after that

Usual Cycle Length: 30 days without fail

Cycles Trying: 0

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Taking prenatals, going to use OPK’s

Trying anything new this month?: Nope, just starting lol

For fun – What’s your favourite book? I have way too many to choose. Currently reading The House of God 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors