September 2019 babies!

posted 3 months ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Is this your first / second / etc child?
    First : (22 votes)
    59 %
    Second : (13 votes)
    35 %
    Third : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Fourth : (0 votes)
    Fifth or more : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    9011 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

I was hoping a thread was going to be here when I signed on. 

ROLL CALL!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 37

How far along are you? 4w

Estimated due date? 9/1/19

What # baby is this for you? 3, ds will be 3 in March, dd just turned 1 on Friday. 

How many cycles trying? Not trying. My other 2 kids are IVF, we didn’t know this was possible. 

When did you get your BFP? Couple hours ago, 4am. Took the test we all bought together yesterday when I got up to nurse my just turned 1yo.

Who have you told? Noone. Waiting for my husband to wake up. 

When do you plan to tell other people? We’ll tell my mom first, not sure when. Then we’ll tell a few other close family members. I was so closely monitored with other pregnancies, this is all new to me. But we’d probably like to confirm hb before sharing. 

How did you tell your partner? Haven’t yet, but will just say, test was positive, we probably need to buy a new house now. 

Any symptoms? Minimal. 

What are you most excited about? Not even sure. I’m a bit overwhelmed and shocked this could happen. 

When is your first appointment?   Need to call on Monday. 

When are you planning to find out the sex? I’m leaving it up to my husband. We didn’t find out with the others. 

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like.

Post # 6
    9011 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

bananasareyellow :  congrats to you too. He’s processing, he wants to be happy but feeling overwhelmed. He only wanted 2.

Post # 8
    118 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

I’ve been waiting for this board!! Thank you for posting!!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 23 

How far along are you? 3 weeks 5 days

Estimated due date? September 4th 2019

What # baby is this for you? 1 

How many cycles trying? 0, this is a complete surprise baby.. haha

When did you get your BFP? I’m not too sure when I ovulated but i tested positive 6 days before next due period

Who have you told? My husband, mum and best friend 

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably around 14 weeks, but even then it will just be those close to us that we tell

How did you tell your partner? I didn’t think it would be a positive test, especially not so early so I took the test at work and called my husband as soon as it showed positive because I was freaking out!

Any symptoms? I’ve started gagging super easy and have vomited a couple of times while brushing my teeth. I also feel kind of ‘off’ most of the day and tired a lot 

What are you most excited about? I’m so excited to hear the heartbeat and take a bit of anxiety off my mind!

When is your first appointment?   1.24.19

When are you planning to find out the sex? Whenever it’s possible

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like. I took a lot over the first 3 days, especially because the Drs urine test came back negative the first afternoon and made me panic and feel like I was going crazy!

Post # 9
    118 posts
    Blushing bee

Okay bees, I’m really sorry to be posting again but I’m really curious about the urine tests that the Dr has you take. Are they more accurate than buy at home ones? I’m sure I’m overthinking everything but I am stressing like crazy and have unfortunately turned to Google (I know, I know.. haha). After getting 3 positives at home I went to have it confirmed at the doctors and she said the urine test definitely came back negative. She said she would do a blood draw and get back to me Monday (tomorrow) but she seemed so skeptical and patronizing. I felt so dumb and stupid and maybe that I was wrong so I went to get a few more (the ones shown) and all came back positive. I was reading online that blood or protein in the urine can cause false positives and I’m terrified that this might be the case for all my positives and her negative. I know there is no way to know for sure till the blood results get back but the stress is driving me insane! Have either of you experienced this or heard of this happening? I don’t know how you both survived twice already! Haha. The stress and over thinking is the worst!

Post # 10
    9011 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

bethanyjames :  post as much as you need, we’re here for you.

Some tests are a little more sensitive to amount of hcg but generally all the same. A blood test will be best indication. Fingers crossed, let us know what you hear. 

Post # 13
    118 posts
    Blushing bee

ajillity81 :   bananasareyellow :  thank you so much! I called as soon as they opened. My levels were at 45 (taken when I was about 3 weeks) and she still sounded so skeptical about everything. She went on to say “we’ll do another blood draw on Wednesday to make sure that you really are pregnant and you’ll get the results by next Monday because there could already be nothing there”. Is that not kind of cynical? NOT the kind of reassuring attitude that I was hoping for ! Haha, but so far so Good! Once again I appreciate both of your reassurances!

Post # 15
    9011 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

I called this morning for my 1st appt, Jan 18 for ultrasound and ob appt. It’s so different this time, not being monitored on a weekly basis. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors