SEPTEMBER 2019 POAS Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 3
393 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: both 30

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: 16?

Current CD/DPO: CD5

Usual cycle length: 27-29 days

Ovulation date: Anywhere from CD14-17

POAS/Beta day: 9/12, the day after AF is due.  We are on vacation through the 11th and I won’t have time to test.

Known fertility issues: unexplained secondary infertility. Have had progesterone, TSH, and prolactin tested – all normal.  SA came back good. Daughter #1 conceived first month trying.

BFP plan: This is my first cycle on Clomid – taking it CD3-7 then BD every other day until CD20. Still wearing Ava to temp.  No caffeine as of last month.  No alcohol.  Prenatal daily since December 2016. Preseed to combat Clomid dryness side effect.

For Fun – What is your favourite Fall activity? bonfires and all of the typical outdoor fall activities (pumpkin patches, hay rides, etc) with Dear Daughter1

Post # 4
339 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 16

Current CD/DPO: Not sure if today or tomorrow will be CD1. Just started spotting.

Usual cycle length: 27 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): 9/3

POAS/Beta day: 9/16

Known fertility issues: Unexplained

BFP plan: Haven’t decided. We are supposed to start with IUI’s this month but I have been under a lot of stress and don’t want to waste a month of treatment if I’m not fully prepared. Reached out to my RE today to see if we could do a cycle of Clomid only, waiting to hear back.

Trying anything new this month? See above!

For Fun – What is your favourite Fall activity?  We just purchased a home that has a firepit in the backyard (a small janky one, but still! Lol!).  So I can’t wait for cool fall nights sitting out there with my hubs (and hopefully a little baby in my belly!).

Post # 5
3286 posts
Sugar bee

Your age/partner’s age: 33/34

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: lost count, over 2.5 years

Current CD/DPO: CD8

Usual cycle length: 33+

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Ovulation who knows when (I’m not on any meds)

POAS/Beta day: 16th sept

Known fertility issues: PCO, 1 tube, subclinical hypothyroidism, possible egg quality issues.

BFP plan: just BDing

Trying anything new this month? Nope

For Fun – What is your favourite Fall activity? It’s almost spring here and we have an annual flower carnival 😊<!–/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_190820_064450_753.sdoc–>

Post # 6
339 posts
Helper bee

Just got AF a day late, so my dates have changed a bit. IUI should be 9/4 and POAS/Beta day is 9/17.

We decided to go forward with the IUI. I’m really nervous but excited to be trying something new and taking a step in the right direction.

Post # 7
470 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/ 35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: lost count

Current CD/DPO: CD6

Usual cycle length: 30, last one was 28

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): O date is 9/1

POAS/Beta day: 9/16

Known fertility issues: endometriosis, 1 MC after ICSI

BFP plan: SMEP, pretty much everything from It starts with the egg

Trying anything new this month? nope

I had to reschedule my wisdom teeth extraction right into the TWW, and I actually wanted to get sedation for the procedure. Does anybody know if that would be an issue? On the other hand, I’m like who am I fooling, it didn’t work for so long, so why should it at that month. 

Post # 9
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

annili :  I’m lurking because I don’t have a poas date. But omg yes you need sedation for wisdom teeth!!! But the good news is that those types of drugs really shouldn’t impact egg quality. 

Post # 10
470 posts
Helper bee

anev :  Thanks for the info, that’s reassuring that at least egg quality is not affected!

heartandstars :  The issue is that it’s basically our third cycle of “normal trying” since my husband had OAT before, but this got fixed. 

Post # 11
393 posts
Helper bee

This is kind of an odd question – but I have $1k left in my FSA for 2019.  I put a lot more than normal in there this year with the intent of paying for another C-Section.  That obviously didn’t happen so now I need to spend that last $1k before December 31st.  Is there anything infertility related that you guys would suggest I ask my doctor about?  I just started Clomid.  Are there any “better”/”more powerful” drugs I should ask about?  Is it worth it to get an HSG (previously not suggested because I had a baby 17 months ago with no issues)?  

Post # 12
339 posts
Helper bee

Day 3 ultrasound showed 31 follicles!!! 15 in one ovary and 16 in the other. 

A small victory but it’s  nice to have a good number and something positive! 

Post # 13
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

MrsHawkeye :  I’d probably do the hsg because if you do end up needing to pursue iui or ivf, your RE will want that box to be checked off. As far as meds go, beyond clomid/Femara there are injectables you can use (like gonalF) with ultrasounds and trigger shot/stim (this is called controlled ovarian stimulation) but it gets expensive fast and honestly you’d want to be sure your tubes were open to start that route.

BeepBopB00p :  that’s a great AFC! It is a bit suggestive of pcos – have you had your AMH checked? 

Post # 14
1763 posts
Buzzing bee

heartandstars :  

I assume I can join? IVF – Going for baby #2

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: We have to do IVF but we were over 2 years trying for my daughter

Current CD/DPO: CD9

Usual cycle length: 28

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Aug 30th (Transfer)

POAS/Beta day: Sept 9th but there is no way I can wait that long. Will prob test by Sept 3rd.

Known fertility issues: Husband had very low numbers to find out this past January he has testicular cancer and had to undergo chemo. 

BFP plan: Take a test and have my daughter wear a shirt that says I have a secret…. (on the front) and the back saying I’m a big sister (or somethign along those lines)

Trying anything new this month? First time ever trying Nothing. Not sure if this will bite me in the a$$ or not.

For Fun – What is your favourite Fall activity? Football. But anything with pumpkins too. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors