September 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 661
1477 posts
Bumble bee

TiggersMitts :  Interesting! Thanks for the input. The one time my TSH levels were pretty high (7.3) was when I was pregnant. My hcg wasn’t crazy high, 190, but it was higher than all the other times I did the TSH test. That being said, I was looking over my past results and saw that my thyroglobulin antibodies are elevated, which MIGHT mean I have hashimoto’s (and would explain the fluctuating TSH). I’m a bit nervous about that, but I’m looking forward to repeating some of the tests/doing some new ones to confirm. Having hashimoto’s isn’t ideal, but if I’m aware if it I can start taking steps to manage it, you know? 

Post # 662
648 posts
Busy bee

hopfenn :  oh absolutely. The only thing worse than having an illness is not knowing you have it. It’s frustrating but also can help your mental health since it explains things. 

AFM, hit a new low just now (impressive). I woke up from a nap with a ton of watery cm and since FF is curious wtf my body is doing I figured I could help it with an OPK. Well, I peed totally forgetting to test and because I have an almost 2 year old of course I’m not going to remember later. So I was determined enough that I forced out two more drops and “squished” my opk around in them. It’s negative, no surprise, not sure if I even have enough of a sample to really test hahah. Andddd that’s my morning hahah. 

Post # 663
5964 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

sunnyorchid :  I hope we both get our sticky beans soon, darling <3  I’ve tried my best to remember that 1 in 5 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage, and that’s not even including the chemical pregnancies women weren’t aware of because they didn’t test early.  75% of those are due to not being genetically viable.  Only 1% of those that miscarry have repeat miscarriages.  I hope that the odds are on our side, darling <3  It’s really what’s keeping me going.

Post # 664
5964 posts
Bee Keeper

hopfenn :  I’m so happy you’re looking on the brighter side of things if AF does show!  I hope that whatever they find, it’s an easy thing to maintain to get your your beautiful rainbow baby!

Post # 665
5964 posts
Bee Keeper

TiggersMitts :  Hahaha.  Girl!  Test the next time you pee!  I usually have to pee every hour or two, so if I miss it because I’m distracted with my daughter, I know it’s not the end. lol

Post # 666
121 posts
Blushing bee

Ugh, AF showed today, so I’ll be rolling over to October. It has been only 4 unsuccessful cycles trying since my MC, so not long in the grand scheme of things, but I’m definitely having a rough day with it.  It’s hard to count just these post-MC cycles because truly, we have been actively trying to become parents since January, and it does feel much more like the 9 months than the 4. 

Whatever you count, I’ve been struggling with whether the general advice “insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results” should apply to TTC. Each cycle I’ve been making changes to try to optimize my chances to conceive… But I’m wondering how much is too much?  I’ve given up alcohol, but should I give up coffee too, etc.  Anyone have a similar experience, or advice?  I know that TTC involves a lot of luck, but at the same time I want to do what I can.

Post # 667
5964 posts
Bee Keeper

stellate23 :  I’m so sorry, darling… I completely understand.  My first time around, we had 8 failed cycles before getting pregnant with our daughter.  I did the exact same thing.  I would take my AF day to be sad, but then I would jump right back into the TTC game with a “new strategy” for the next month.  Adding supplements, cutting supplements, new BD timing, new tools, new Preseed methods… it’s exhausting.  My last cycle, the one we got our BFP, I added weekly acupuncture and fertility yoga!  Seriously.  I was just so desperate.  You’re not alone, darling.  I’m so so sorry AF showed.  I hope you get your BFP soon <3

Post # 668
5964 posts
Bee Keeper

stellate23 :  FWIW I didn’t give up alcohol or coffee.  I limited my alcohol in the TWW… but less so the cycle we got our BFP because I was sick of living like I was pregnant when I really had no idea when that was going to happen.

Post # 670
648 posts
Busy bee

SeaOfLove :  I’m so terrible for even forgetting to pee when I’m caught up being a mom. It’s super healthy. Remind me why I want another? Hahaha 

stellate23 :  I don’t know man. I’m a big believer in tempting the universe. For 6 weeks you don’t share blood with the baby. In my TWW the cycle I got pregnant I was in Mexico risking Zika, drinking, doing dangerous activities, and I even had a puff of my brother’s cigar. Normally I do none of this shit but was over living my life like I could get pregnant when it was a year and a half with nothing. Sure enough the universe must’ve thought it’d be funny to let me get pregnant so I could worry I fucked up for the next 9 months. 

And personally I would count from the date you started TTC. Makes more sense to me. 

Post # 671
5964 posts
Bee Keeper

TiggersMitts :  I will 100% be splitting a cigar with Darling Husband on our anniversary next Thursday during my TWW ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 672
648 posts
Busy bee

SeaOfLove :  you must know it’s the key to fertility and getting pregnant. Have all the preseed, charting, and sex you want. Cigar puffs are what guarantee pregnancy hahah ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 674
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

stellate23 :  I’m so sorry you are going through this. And without a stiff drink! I don’t believe alcohol can have any effect on conception, otherwise so many drunk people wouldn’t conceive. 

Post # 675
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Update from my follicle scan this morning: I have a pretty high antral follicle count, and one follicle they think will rupture Sunday. So looking indicative of PCOS still but good for an ovulatory cycle. Got pressed and TI instructions and progesterone. She said my progesterone is definitely low and the dropping so early in the LP is also a problem.I’m still not feeling at all hopeful for this cycle for some reason, but it’s nice to see I’ll probably O again.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors