September 2019 POAS

posted 3 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 61
5642 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

sunnyorchid :  We were just in Minnesota!!  I’m from there and my husband’s dad’s side is also there.  Hopefully it’s not too hot for you. Are you going during the state fair?

I hope your daughter starts STTN soon!

Post # 62
68 posts
Worker bee

SeaOfLove :  nice! Haha, we live in Houston, TX, so were used to and like warm weather. We’re definitely planning to go to the state fair. I’m super excited for my baby girl to see the animals and to try all the food. I already know what I am getting: French toast bites, cheese curds and ice cream with rhubarb from the dairy building Haha. When was your last time at the Minnesota state fair and what’s your go to food?

Post # 63
5642 posts
Bee Keeper

sunnyorchid :  That will be so much fun!  Admittedly, it wasn’t a big event for my family growing up.  I don’t remember the last time I was there.  I’ve probably only gone a handful of times.  I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Post # 64
6 posts
Newbee

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: Glo says 8/24, FF says 8/21 

POAS Date: 9/6

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, charting, prenatal, probiotic, choline, B6, preseed, OPKs, clean eating

Trying anything new this month? Eating clean and being sober! We had friends over during my FW our last 2 cycles, and I had a little too much fun. Also, this is my first full month with Fertility Friend instead of just Glo. I think FF is more accurate for me and they are mapping my O date differently. Time will tell!

Link to your chart if charting: Will update after O is confirmed

For Fun: I am happy that I am so driven and organized, but still caring and empathetic. I am pretty Type A and detail oriented, which I think is an asset for me. I do not like my perfectionist tendencies that manifest themselves in weird anxieties. I’m constantly working on letting go and moving on!

Post # 65
1540 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Just found out D.H and I will be at my family cabin on my POAS date, along with my parents and my aunt/uncle. Not sure how I feel about this, since if it’s a BFP I probably won’t be able to hide it (my whole family are big wine drinkers and it will be very suspicious if I’m not having wine), and if it’s a BFN I’ll likely just be sad the whole weekend. Great timing lol.

On another note, I’m considering trying Soft Cups this cycle. Not sure if they actually do anything or not, but I just feel like I want to try as many things as I can lol. Anyone else tried them after BDing before?

Post # 66
5642 posts
Bee Keeper

sassybeee :  My go to excuse for not drinking is that I have a nasty UTI and I’m on antibiotics.  Honestly, if you get a BFN (hopefully not!), a weekend away might be a super nice distraction.

I’ve never tried soft cups, but I do know people who have!  I don’t think they actually do anything, but a lot of TTC is thinking that we can increase our chances by doing *something* different.

Post # 67
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32, 35

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD 6

Ovulation Date: 8/22 (hubby’s birthday)

POAS Date: 9/3

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: first (just got married two weeks ago!)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): opks, temp, prenantals, dha/epa, clean eating

Trying anything new this month? Nope- just having fun! 

Post # 68
5216 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

Got established with a new obgyn yesterday, I’m not sure where the dr I saw during my first pregnancy went. Still waiting on af, I thought the 24 day cycles were too short! Af should be here any day. My ovulation date and poas date will probably change

ETA, looks like af has arrived, cd1 starts today!

Post # 69
68 posts
Worker bee

CD12  not DPO! and I am already symptom spotting LOL. Lard help me! 

I woke up with a dry throat and a funny feeling in my abdomen. We BDed two times so far, trying to get it before his parents are visiting this Friday. He’ll even come home from work on Thursday during his lunch break. 

My husband doesn’t like Preseed, he said it’s too slippery. He can’t feel any sensation then and has trouble getting it done. So he’s using a bit of spit, even though that can kill sperm too but it’s better than regular lube and it worked last time, the proof is sitting in the high chair ๐Ÿ˜€.

I got pregnant in the 2nd cycle last time which is amazing. The reason I am in this forum is that I am old, now 38 yo and of course a type A planner. I’m also a biochemist and just love the science aspect of the cycle andgetting pregnant. 

Post # 70
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Las Vegas, Nevada

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:   29/31  I will be 30 on Aug 26! 

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1 – just got AF today!

Ovulation Date:   ~Aug 30

POAS Date: ~Sept 11

Usual Cycle Length: 28/29 days 

Cycles Trying: first one trying! we NTNP last month (just went off BC) but we missed my entire FW since my husband was away fishing but we weren’t dissapointed! 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): LOTS of BD, going to use OPKs, using Ovia Fertility and Fertility Friend 

Trying anything new this month? I tried a few OPK’s last month to get familiar with them but i will use them more this time and also tons of BD and no fishing trips for my husband during my FW LOL

Post # 71
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/33

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: ~Aug 31

POAS Date: ~Sept 11

Usual Cycle Length: 30-36 days

Cycles Trying: Just got my IUD out last week so this is our first trying ๐Ÿ™‚ 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPK, FF. I also started seeing my acupunturist again last month since i think that helped a lot last time. 

Trying anything new this month? Nope ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 72
1540 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

SeaOfLove :  Sorry I never saw your message before! I’d try the whole antibiotic thing, but my mom knows we’re trying and she’d see right through me lol! I wouldn’t mind telling them early, but telling them right after a BFP makes me nervous in case it’s a CP.

And I agree about the soft cups! I was looking it up and I’m not sure if they actually do anything, but I feel like using them I’ll just feel more confident that the little swimmers are locked in there hahaha

Post # 73
5642 posts
Bee Keeper

sassybeee :  Honestly, if you got your BFP and your mom saw right through your lie, I would just tell her it’s taking a bit longer to get pregnant than you hoped so you don’t have to discuss it.  Our first time TTC, it took us 9 cycles. It was so defeating.  So the people who knew we were trying, I felt like I was always just repeating that it’s taking us much longer than we hoped. 

I actually found out I was pregnant a week before a big road trip home, so I didn’t drink the whole time.  Oddly for me, I got a yeast infection before we left on the trip, so when I was talking to them the day before we arrived, I mentioned that I had a last minute doctor’s appointment because I was pretty sure I had a “pretty bad female infection.”  It wasn’t a lie… They didn’t question me not drinking to my face, but much later on they told me they strongly suspected I was pregnant.

Post # 74
5216 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’ve been thinking about something my new obgyn said at my appointment, he said they like to see women off of birth control for at least three cycles. I got pregnant with my daughter the first cycle off of the pill, and the doctor told me that he would have considered me high risk for placental issues. He said that the hormones take a while to leave your system so they worry about the thickness of the uterine lining if you get pregnant right off of birth control, he likes to see patients off of it for three cycles.

Has anyone else heard this? I wasn’t high risk and I had no problems but I know people ttc immediately off of birth control like I did (I’ve been off of it for three cycles already so it doesn’t affect me this time, but I’m curious now)

Post # 75
26 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 11

Ovulation Date:  August 19th

POAS Date: August 30th – September 1st ( depends on how patient I can be ๐Ÿ˜€ ) 

Usual Cycle Length: 28

Cycles Trying: 2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD Timing, prenatals, OPKs

Trying anything new this month? – 

Link to your chart if charting: –

For Fun: Which of your personality traits are you most happy for? And least happy for? Why?

I like that I am quite outgoing and open towards new people. Also I’m a very loyal and honest partner and friend. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors